XXIV: The Wedding

Continue? 3, 2, 1

 

Sulli was grinning involuntarily as she was joyous yet at the same time surprised on what happened. Her eyes started to water as she covered . Minho was nervously waiting for her response.

 

A tear fell from her eye as she nodded in excitement. “Yes, yes,” she said. “Yes, Choi Minho, I will marry you.” She uncovered as she couldn’t hide the joy she was feeling at that time.

 

Minho couldn’t believe what he just heard from Sulli. He slowly stood as he removed the ring from the box. He held Sulli’s soft porcelain hand and inserted the ring on her ring finger with his hands shaking.

 

Taemin, Key, Jonghyun, Key, Krystal and the dancers applauded them and they all shared their wonderful thoughts about the two in the stage. The spotlight was directed to the two as the audience cheered and applauded them. “MinSul! MinSul! MinSul!” they cheered. Some fans of Sulli nearly cried seeing their idol at her happiest during that time.

 

Minho and Sulli hugged each other. “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Taemin teased. He invited the people to follow him and in no time, the fans followed by shouting. Minho looked into Sulli’s dazzling eyes, asking her if they should. Sulli nodded lightly and laughed.

 

Unexpectedly, Minho pecked Sulli on her lips and they all cheered for them. Sulli had her best birthday yet. She felt that she never wanted that day to end.

 

 

July 2014

 

“Are you ready?” Minho’s appa asked.

 

Minho breathed heavily and said, “I’m quite nervous.”

 

“What are you nervous about?” he asked.

 

“I don’t know, appa. After what we’ve gone through, this is it,” Minho said.

 

“Minho,” he said as he placed his hand on Minho’s shoulder. “You have nothing to be nervous about. This day is the day for you two. No one’s going to ruin it.”

 

Minho looked at his appa and smiled. “Thank you, appa.”

 

“No problem,” he said as he smiled back. “Let’s go.” Minho nodded and they both proceeded to the wedding hall.

 

From their plans, they both wanted an exclusive and simple wedding. They don’t want it to be very elegant and they preferred that no press would come inside and film it.

 

Minho arrived at the hotel earlier and the press tried to interview him, but the guards blocked them. He then proceeded in front of the hall with the doors closed. His umma and Sulli’s umma were already there wearing their hanbok. “Umma,” he said as he hugged his umma.

 

“Are you ready, Minho?” she asked.

 

“Sort of,” he replied.

 

“What ‘sort of’?” she joked. “You should be ready!”

 

Minho just nodded and smiled.

 

“Oh, she’s already here!” she said in surprise. Minho’s eyes widened as he tried to look at her. He didn’t know what would Sulli look like, but he knew that it would be beyond his expectations. Slowly, he turned his head to the right.


At the end of the hallway is a girl wearing a beautiful, meticulously-knitted, white dress while holding a bouquet of white roses.  She was looking down, quite shy on what she looked like. Minho fixed his glasses with his eyes squinted, hoping to see her clearly. As Sulli neared the entrance, Minho began to see her clearer. She looked straight and saw Minho waiting for her.

 

Minho’s world turned to slow motion as she saw how Sulli was extraordinarily beautiful that day. Her eyes sparkled, her cheeks were pink and her lips were luscious. Her face was glowing and her dress suited her well. Minho’s jaws dropped as he stared at her.

 

In no time, Sulli was in front of Minho. She let out a short laugh and blushed as she saw Minho’s expression. Minho became more surprised on what Sulli did. “Um… um…” he said.

 

“What?” she asked heartily.  

 

“Nothing, nothing,” he said shyly. “You look beautiful.”

 

“You look handsome,” she replied as she smirked. Minho blushed.

 

“We’re going to start now,” the organizer said hurrily.

 

The doors of the hall opened, revealing the coolly-lit surrounding with the spotlight on the aisle. The guests all stood as they faced the entrance. Suddenly, the musicians started to play their wedding song. Along with them are Taemin and Key who would sing it.

 

I have to tell you something

How I wanna be with you

Be with you, girl.

 

Minho’s umma and Sulli’s umma wearing their pink hanbok walked first on the aisle. They were happy and were whispering at each other as they neared the end of the aisle. They bowed at each other at the end, as a sign of respect.

 

There are even those invisible form

I pushed forcibly broken, oh.

 

Key inserted in the chest

Hey, this same miracle

Are you sure you want to open your heart?

 

Thoughts are overflowing, this is my love

Increased even more and more

All I can not tell immediately

I want to tell someday

As if I took 1000 years

But always by your side

 

Now, it was Minho and Sulli’s turn to walk on the elevated aisle. They looked at each other and smiled. Sulli locked her left arm on Minho’s right arm and they slowly walked towards the aisle. Their smiles won’t wear off as they looked at each other and at the guests.

 

The people they invited were all present. Director Kangta, Lee Soo Man, the CEO of SM Entertainment, the SMTOWN family, their childhood friends and their relatives—they were all present. They applauded them as they reached the end of the aisle, where the pastor was facing them.

 

The ceremony started and they were all attentive. Minho and Sulli were cherishing every second of it.

 

 

“I, Choi Minho, vow to be the one and only husband of Choi Sulli. Every second of every minute that will pass, I promise to love you more and have you into my arms always. For every failure we will make and every sorrow we will encounter, I will always be by your side to support you and I will never let you go. Until the eternity, Ssul,” Minho said as he inserted the ring to Sulli’s ring finger.

 

“I, Choi Sulli, vow to be the best wife of Choi Minho. For every day that will pass, I promise to cook him and our future children breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I promise that we would go to Haeundae beach regularly and spend the whole day there thinking of nothing but happiness. In times of triumph and failures, happiness and sorrow, I vow to never leave you behind and to be always by your side. Now and… forever,” she said as she put the ring on Minho’s ring finger.

 

They all clapped and everyone felt their sincerity to each other. The pastor smiled and said, “Choi Minho and Choi Sulli, you have exchanged your promises and given and received rings in my presence. By these acts you have become husband and wife. I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

 

Minho’s heart was about to explode from the joy he’s feeling. He walked closer to Sulli and smiled. Sulli looked at him with her sparkling eyes and at the same time, they blushed. Slowly, Minho cupped Sulli’s cheeks and they shortly laughed. With the smile still on their faces, Minho kissed Sulli on the lips.

 

It was tender. It was magical. It was an ecstatic feeling. With this, it marked their new journey on their relationship—a journey that would last forever.