XII: A Weekend in Busan (II)

Continue? 3, 2, 1

“ert,” Sulli said repeatedly as she nudged my knee to wake me up.

 

I opened my eyes slowly and saw nothing but a blur. I grasped on the table and can’t feel my white contact lens container. “Where’s my contact lens container?”

 

“I hid it,” she said.

 

“Mweo?” I exclaimed as I moved my head from left to right, looking for her. “Stop kidding around. Please give it to me. I need them.” She held my right hand with her soft ones and she placed an object on my palm. “What’s this?”

 

“Your glasses.”

 

“I-I-I don’t want this,” I said as I gave it back. “Please give me back my contact lenses.”

 

“Wear them.”

 

Oh, I remember. I’m her slave for the weekend. I sighed and wore it. “You’re going to regret what you’re doing now after the weekend.” My sight became crystal clear again. “Where’d you find these glasses?”

 

“I saw them under the table,” she said.

 

I stood up and looked at the mirror. I saw my messy hair and my round framed eyeglasses. It’s just like we took a time machine back to 2005.

 

While looking at the mirror, I saw her looking at me. I smiled to myself as I fixed my hair with my hands. “Why are you staring at me? Do you find me attractive?”

 

“Huh? A-A-Ani,” she said as she swiftly looked at a different direction.

 

“Do you want to go out?” I asked her fearlessly as I turned back and faced her. She looked at me in surprise. I chuckled and said, “No, not a date. Just like, you know… uhh… going outside.”

 

“Ah,” she said faintly. “Sure.” She quickly went inside the room and locked it. I opened my bag and planned what I should wear. I took a bath afterwards and fixed myself up.

 

After a while, the door of the room opened and she appeared wearing a peach collar dress, while carrying a beige satchel. I was stunned by her beauty once again that my mannerism of pushing up my glasses appeared once again. I gulped and said, “Let’s go.” I was trying hard to conceal what I was feeling towards her.

 

She wore her big sunglasses and a hat, and smiled at me afterwards. That’s her disguise, I thought.

 

We first went to the Busan Aquarium and we toured it, feeling like we’re foreigners of our own hometown. I made sure she was always nearby me by holding her on her wrist. Even though we’ve been here before, we’re still amazed on the different species of marine animals. We walked on the tunnel and we were awed. We had glances at each other and we’re both smiling and sharing our thoughts on the species we saw.

 

After exiting the aquarium, we went to Dairy Queen and I treated her with an ice cream. We strolled around the town like kids while eating our ice cream. Sulli kept taking photos of us with her camera, while I just smiled all day thinking to myself how this day was a blast. If only this could be a ‘real’ date, I thought.

 

 

“Minho-yah!” she exclaimed. I looked at her and she was in front of the pink claw crane, signaling me to come closer. I jogged towards her and when I neared her, she said excitingly, “Isn’t that cute?” She pointed out the green stuffed toy that’s inside. She was looking at me with her sparkling eyes.

 

“Do you want that?” I asked eagerly. She nodded excitingly. I smiled as I grabbed a few coins from my pocket. I inserted it and I started controlling the claw with the joystick.

 

“There,” she said in a high pitch. “There! Press the button now!” I moved it to the right a bit more. “No!” she exclaimed. I pressed the red button and the claw began to descend and grab the stuffed toy.

 

My heart pounded faster as it tried to grip the stuffed toy. It was about to ascend with the toy but it dropped, leaving the claw empty.

 

“Aish! Minho!” she said. “You should’ve followed me earlier.”

 

“You do it,” I challenged her as I gave her the coins.

 

“Fine,” she said. She inserted the coins and started playing. She failed. “This is irritating.” She scratched her head.

 

I can’t help but laugh because I thought of her as a giant baby who’s disappointed because she didn’t get her toy.

 

“Wae? Why are you laughing?”

 

I continued laughing hard that I can’t almost utter a single word. “B… because… you look like a giant baby.”

 

“What’s funny about that?” she said flatly as her arms crossed. “Oh, Minho. Your level of taste in jokes has gone way down.”

 

“Okay… okay… I’ll stop,” I said as I stopped laughing. I attempted once again and this time, I became very serious. I controlled the claw and tried to estimate the position of the stuffed toy. Sulli kept saying things, but I didn’t mind them.

 

“No, move it to the right!” she said. But, it was too late. I already pressed the red button.

 

The claw descended and it grabbed the stuffed toy fully. My mouth was open as my eyes followed the crane, hoping that it will drop it to the opening.

 

“Yes!” she said as she jumped in excitement. My eyes widened as I screamed. We both looked at each other, with the feeling of excitement still obvious in our movements and faces. We both hugged each other tightly as we jumped. Sulli squealed for a while, and I just grinned. “We got it!”

 

“Wait…” I said as I released her hug. “I got it!”

 

“No… we got it! I coached you throughout the game.”

 

“Coached me? You were instructing me wrongly!” I said.

 

We continued arguing until we’ve reached to the decision that it was us who got it. I grabbed the stuffed toy from the opening and gave it to her. “Here, my gift.”

 

“Gomawo,” she said as she hugged the stuffed toy.

 

“Who’s that stuffed toy anyway?” I asked.

 

“It’s Keroppi, from Sanrio,” she said as she faced it to me. “He’s a frog.” The stuffed toy has large eyes, a V-shaped mouth and pink circles on his cheeks.

 

“Why that stuffed toy?”

 

“Umm…” she said as she downcast. “Because he’s cute and adorable.”

 

 

We continued strolling around and we realized that the sun was already setting. We need to be in Seoul tomorrow for the continuation of the discussion of Sulli’s comeback, so we hurried to the house and packed our things. Afterwards, we both went to the hospital to say our goodbyes and prayers for umma’s successful therapy tomorrow.

 

When we arrived to the Busan terminal, the train stopped in time. We bought our tickets immediately and boarded the train. Sulli seated near the window again and I sat beside her.

 

She looked at me and smiled, and so did I. Her facial expression changed all of a sudden and she grabbed something from her black bag. “Here,” she said as she gave me back the contact lens container.

 

I grabbed it and looked at it for a while. I placed it inside my bag and I smiled at her afterwards.

 

“You’re not going to wear them?” she asked.

 

“Ani. I realized that I’m fine with these,” I said as I pointed my round-framed glasses. She smirked afterwards. “Now the weekend’s done, just wait for my revenge.”

 

“You can’t. If an idol gets hurt, you’ll get a lot of haters and death notes,” she said as she stuck her tongue out.

 

It was already dusk when the train started moving. Sulli slept again while I looked at the window. The best weekend, I thought.

 

 

The next day

 

I arrived at the SM Entertainment building and saw Sulli at the stairs. “Sulli!” I said. She turned back and stopped for a while to wait for me.

 

“You’re still wearing the glasses,” Sulli remarked.

 

“Ah, ne,” I said as I chuckled.

 

We both went to the Director Kangta’s office together. When I opened the door, I saw Director Kangta on his table, smiling at us. When I tilted my head, I saw Taemin, sitting at one of the couches. We continued walking to our seats. Sulli sat beside me and Taemin. Taemin got closer to Sulli and he started talking and playing with her.

 

“Minho and Sulli, you’re probably wondering why Taemin is here,” Director Kangta said.

 

“Even I am wondering why I’m here,” Taemin said.

 

“Now, listen. Originally, Sulli and Taemin are the only ones who will guest in this variety show. But, the production staff said to include you, Minho,” Director Kangta said.

 

My eyes widened in surprise and bewilderment. I looked at Sulli and Taemin, and they’re both mouthing an “oh” while looking at me. “Jinja?” I asked. Director Kangta nodded.

 

“So, what’s this variety show?” Sulli asked.

 

Running Man.

 

 

[A/N]

Surprised? Haha.

So, first of all, I would like to thank you all for continuously supporting my fanfic. Again, greatly appreciated. :') *sends an online hug* I know I'm always saying that, but that doesn't mean the sincerity is gone. Without you guys, this fanfic wouldn't be probably possible.

If you don't know what Running Man is, it's a popular variety show in Korea. Yes, MinSul was once there. ;) So, if you haven't watched a single episode, I suggest watching them. You won't regret it, for sure. I'm now an ADDICTED FAN of that show. xD

'Til the next update. :D


-maxstepp