XXII: Mrs. Choi

Continue? 3, 2, 1

 

After a few minutes, the sound of siren became louder as it got nearer to Minho’s dented car. The ambulance vehicle stopped in front and the nurses got off immediately. The blue and red lights kept flashing as they rescued the unconscious Minho.

 

The nurses brought out the ambulance bed as they tried to get Minho off the car. They carefully carried him to the bed as they put the oxygen mask in him. They quickly put him inside the vehicle and drove to the nearest hospital in Seoul.

 

 

Sulli was at the restaurant, patiently waiting for Minho. She took a sip of her tea as she glanced at her surrounding. She was one of the few customers left.

 

Two hours have passed, and Minho still hasn’t arrived. Sulli already finished drinking her tea and stared at her cup for too long. “Ma’am,” the employee said. It woke her senses up as she looked at the him. “We’re about to close already. Do you need more time here?”

 

“Ah,” she softly said, as she laughed weakly. “No, it’s okay. I’ll go now.” She glanced once more at her surrounding and she was the only customer left. The employees were already cleaning the other tables. She looked at her watch and she didn’t notice that it’s already ten in the evening. She sighed as she grabbed her purse and stood from her seat.

 

She walked out of the restaurant and sighed. I guess I’ve been too harsh on him, she thought.

 

Her phone rang and it was an unknown number. She was hesitant to answer it, but she did anyway. “Yoboseyo?” she said softly.

 

“Are you Mrs. Choi Jinri?” a woman asked.

 

Sulli was surprised to hear it. ‘Mrs. Choi?’ she thought as she slightly blushed. “N-Ne. Why?” she asked.

 

“Ah, hello Mrs. Choi. We are from the Seoul St. Mary’s Hospital. Your husband, Mr. Choi Minho, was brought here…”

 

“Mweo?” she shouted. She instantly became anxious and kept walking in circle, as she did not know what to do. “W-W-Why?”

 

“He was involved in a car accident,” the woman said.

 

Sulli’s eyes widened in shock and her hands were shaking. “W-Where is y-y-your hospital?” she said as tears fell from her eyes. “I-I’ll be right there.”

 

 

She arrived at the emergency room of the hospital and hurried to the reception area. “Choi Minho, please,” she said in a cracking voice. The nurses gave the direction of Minho and she ran. At that moment, she was not minding what was happening around her. She was not minding the people who would recognize her. All she was minding was Minho’s condition.

 

The end of the hallway was the Intensive Care Unit, where Minho was admitted. It was closed, and nurses kept coming in and out of the room.

 

“Are you Mrs. Choi?” the nurse approached Sulli.

 

“W-W-What happened to M-M-Minho? I-I-Is he… okay?” she asked the nurse as she sobbed.

 

The nurse was surprised to see it was Sulli. “I-I’m sorry, Ms. Sulli. I-I thought you were his wife.”

 

I am his wife!” Sulli said in worry. “W-W-What is his condition?”

 

“We can’t really tell as of now. His body was really hurt after the accident. The car hit his side and right now, some of his organs are failing. But, don’t worry, we’re closely monitoring his health,” the nurse said.

 

A tear fell from her eye as opened in shock. She couldn’t believe what’s happening right now. She held the hands of the nurse and pleaded, “Please. Please, do your best. Please.”

 

“We’re trying our best right now. For now, all you can do is wait here and pray,” the nurse said as she led her to the chair. Sulli sat on the chair in front of the room as she continued sobbing.

 

Minutes later, two people appeared in front of Sulli. “Why are you here?” Sulli said as she stood.

 

“Sulli… we’re here to…” Taemin said.

 

“I don’t want to hear any words from you two!” Sulli shouted in anger.

 

“Ssul,” Krystal muttered. “W-W-We’re sorry…” Tears started coming out of her eyes.

 

“Sorry?” Sulli asked as she squinted her eyes. “It’s too late, Krystal. What would your sorry do now, huh?”

 

Taemin and Krystal looked down. They knew their mistakes and they were sincere on their apologies. They didn’t know what to say. They were wrong.

 

“If it weren’t for your stupid plan, this wouldn’t have happened!” Sulli said.

 

“Let’s go now,” Taemin whispered to Krystal. “This is not the good time to say these things.” Krystal nodded. “W-We’re going now.”

 

Sulli kept silent as she looked to the side. They both left quietly and Sulli sat. She sighed as she cooled herself.

 

An hour after, the parents of Minho arrived and they were both crying. They all sat beside each other as they patiently waited for the result of the operation. Minho’s father gave them coffee each and Sulli narrated what happened.

 

 

 

Hours after, the doctor got out of the ICU and he faced them. Minho’s parents and Sulli stood, nervous on the result of the operation. “Ms. Sulli, Mr. and Mrs. Choi,” the doctor sighed.

 

The doctor’s expression can’t be distinguished. The three didn’t know if he would give them a good or a bad news.

 

“The operation… was a success,” the doctor said. They all had a sigh of relief as they hugged each other.

 

“Thank you, doctor!” they all said. They all shook the doctor’s hands as he smiled.

 

“He is a strong man. Most of the people who had gone to those kind of accidents barely survive. But, with him, it was different. Though, we still need to closely monitor him to avoid complications,” he said. “He’d be transferred to a patient’s room immediately.”

 

They all smiled in delight and were all thankful to God. It was a miracle.

 

 

~

 

 

A week has passed, and Minho was still unconscious. Sulli requested the company to temporarily stop her activities, and the board did not hesitate to agree on it. She never left Minho’s side, as she was worried on him.

 

His scars and the bandages—even if it covers him, I still can’t deny that he’s handsome even when sleeping, she thought. She smiled to herself as she put her head on the side of the bed.

 

“Wait, Minho. Don’t leave, okay? I’ll just go buy my lunch,” she whispered as she smiled and brushed Minho’s hair.

 

As she was about to walk towards the door, she felt that something’s different. Something’s unusual. Even if she’s not looking at Minho, she felt it.

 

 

Slowly, Minho gained consciousness. He tried to open his eyes. Despite his blurred vision, he could distinguish the person. A familiar figure. A familiar scent.

 

“Sulli,” he muttered as he smiled with half-awaken eyes.

 

 

[A/N]

Hello, guys! :) A surprise update!

I was overwhelmed with your reactions yesterday, so I decided to write this chapter immediately. :D Probably there are three chapters left, so keep in touch! :D

Thank you for your comments and subscriptions! Keep them coming. :) If you're liking the story, you can upvote it. :D

'Til the next update! :D


-maxstepp