XV: The Reason

Continue? 3, 2, 1
[A/N]

Are you seeing this? Yes, it's real! A DOUBLE UPDATE for you guys! <3

It was unexpected, actually! Haha. I realized I had more time and yes, here's the next update! :D Thank you for the comments, subscriptions and upvotes! YOU GUYS ROCK! :D

Anyway, here's why Sulli reacted that way. Enjoy! 'Til the next update. :)


-maxstepp

 

 

Minho was excited. It was the day where the episode of Running Man they’re in will be aired. People around the world would witness them two conquering the episode. After going to the café to relax, he hurried to the condominium to watch it.

 

He took the elevator and he fidgeted as he watched the floor indicator increase. Fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen. The elevator opened and he dashed to his unit. He was surprised to see Krystal in front of his door, waiting. Krystal turned left and saw Minho running towards her. She became delighted to see him.

 

“Oppa!” she said as she hugged Minho tightly. “I miss you.” She pouted as she looked at Minho’s eyes directly. Minho looked disappointed as he avoided her stare.

 

“Why are you here?” Minho asked flatly.

 

Krystal grabbed a pink box from the floor and presented it to him. “This cake is for you, oppa! I made it especially for you. Congratulations! You never told me that you already got in SM Entertainment already.” She was lying. She knew it from the start.

 

“Ah, thank you,” Minho said. He got a hold of the pink box, faced his unit’s door, grabbed the key from his pocket and unlocked it. Minho paused for a while and thought that it’s unwelcoming of him if he just left Krystal outside. “Come in,” he said. Krystal got charged all of a sudden and rushed inside his unit.

 

Minho placed the box on the dining table, and jogged towards the living area. He grabbed the remote from the coffee table as he switched the TV on. He sighed as he saw the program’s just about to start. He sat at his sofa and leaned on it.

 

The program started and his mind, heart and soul were all focused on the TV, wanting not to miss any single frame or any single bit of the audio. “Oppa, I’ll slice a cake for us, okay?” Krystal said.

 

“Ne, ne,” Minho replied. He saw himself and Taemin coming towards the cast. At first, he felt weird watching himself do those kind of things, but it eventually wore off. He laughed out hard on how it was edited and how the expressions of the cast were all captured. Krystal came to the living area with two plates on her hands.

 

“What are you watching?” Krystal asked as he placed the cake on the coffee table. “You were in Running Man?” she said in surprise as she jumped on the sofa and grabbed Minho’s arm.

 

“Ne,” Minho said. He knew that it would be awkward to the both of them.

 

“Aw! I want to watch it with you and let’s laugh together,” Krystal said as she put her head on Minho’s shoulder.

 

They continued watching with Minho feeling uneasy. When the PD announced that it’s going to be a couple race, Krystal’s mouth opened slightly as her grip on Minho’s arm became loose. She continued watching, and when she knew that Minho’s going to be partnered with Sulli, she became uneasy eventually. She removed her grip from Minho’s arm as she moved an inch away from Minho.

 

The show continued running with Minho and Krystal on both ends of the sofa, sitting straightly while staring at the TV. Krystal had her arms crossed, while Minho kept glancing at Krystal, worrying about her reaction. Though the scenes were meant to be hilarious, they remained silent as the flashes from the TV are reflecting on their faces. The cake was remained untouched throughout, not a single crumb fell from it.

 

“I need to go,” Krystal said as the show finished. As she’s about to leave, she saw the couple items on the couch inside the box beside the sofa. She looked at it for seconds and she left the unit quickly.

 

Before she left, she secretly snatched Minho’s phone, which was on the coffee table. As she entered the elevator, she opened Minho’s phone and looked at the messages. She was shocked to see Sulli’s name with a heart in the end, and his conversation with Sulli. She discovered that they met at the KTX terminal on the day Minho went to Busan for his mother. Minho lied to her that he’s going there alone. She gripped the phone tightly as her facial expression remained blank. She’s now full of anger.

 

She opened the phone once more and texted Sulli.

 

Krystal wants to talk to you at the CRYSTAL Bakery and Café tomorrow, early in the morning at 8AM. Is it okay?

 

Minutes later, Sulli replied with a yes.

 

 

The next day

 

Krystal closed her bakery and café for customers and reserved it for herself and Sulli. She sat at one of chairs and waited for Sulli to arrive. When she saw a black luxurious car stop in front of the entrance, she quickly fixed her wavy hair and her skirt as she stood up. Sulli opened the door and the chimes made a sound.

 

“Krystal?” Sulli said as she removed her sunglass. “Krystal!” She ran towards her as she hugged her tightly. “I miss you so much! Good thing Minho had set this for us to meet!”

 

“Ah, yes,” Krystal said as she showed her a fake smile. “Let’s sit and have our breakfast.” Sulli nodded as they sat on a wooden chair. Krystal was furious. Only a small round table separates her from Sulli. She had the desire to slap her.

 

The employee in a pink apron gave them a lemon almond cake and a coffee each. “Is this your own bakery and café?”

 

“Yes,” Krystal said.

 

“Daebak,” she said. She grabbed the fork and she was about to slice it when she noticed something. “Is this almond?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You know I’m allergic to almonds, right?” Sulli said as she laughed awkwardly.

 

Krystal sipped some coffee. “Let’s cut to the chase,” Krystal said as she slammed the teacup on the saucer. “Stay away from Minho.”

 

Sulli became speechless as she placed the fork on the side of the plate. “W-W-What are you saying?”

 

“Haven’t he told you before? He’s my boyfriend,” she said as she showed her a ring on her ring finger. She knows to herself that the ring has no significance to her or Minho. Minho didn’t give it to her.

 

Sulli was shocked. “It’s not what you think. Running Man is only a variety show. T-T-Those couple items mean nothing to me,” she said. She was lying, too. Those couple items meant a lot to her.

 

“Really?” Krystal said as she raised her right eyebrow and crossed her arms. She grabbed Minho’s phone from her satchel. “Then, is going to Busan with him also a show?”

 

Sulli didn’t know what to say. Her body froze. “It’s not what you think, Krystal. We’re not dating—”

 

“Then, better,” Krystal interrupted as she smiled evilly. “Listen, Sulli. Let this meeting serve as a warning for you. Don’t you come close to Minho. He’s mine.”

 

Sulli knew from that moment that she came at the wrong time. She needed to stay away from Minho again.