XVI: Closer

Continue? 3, 2, 1
[A/N]

Hello, guys! :) When I posted the double update, I never realized that Valentine's Day was actually days after. So, I'm sorry to break your hearts for that chapter. :(

To compensate that, here's a post-Valentine update! Enjoy! ;;)

*This chapter was inspired by SNSD Taeyeon's Closer, which was on TTBY's OST, thus the quote at the end. :)


-maxstepp

 

 

“T-T-The Running Man episode.” Sulli gulped. “Forget those. Those are all for publicity.”

 

“Okay, then… let’s work,” Minho said. He opened his bag and grabbed his notebook and pen. “What have you written lately?”

 

If she wanted it this way, then I’ll let it be, he thought. Sulli looked at him and she felt his cold feeling. It was too late when she realized that she was actually staring at him, making Minho look at her weirdly. She shook her head as she opened her notebook and showed it to him. Minho scanned the lyrics with the feeling of bitterness.

 

“Okay,” he said flatly as placed Sulli’s notebook on the table. “Are you sure of this?”

 

“Is there something wrong?” Sulli asked.

 

“It’s not that strong for your comeback song,” he said straightforwardly as he avoided Sulli’s gaze at him by staring at the notebook.

 

“R-R-Really?” Sulli asked.

 

“I’m not sure why you wanted to write and compose your own comeback song. Just with the lyrics, I can tell you can’t do these things,” Minho said.

 

“But, I wrote that song for a number of days since I was in Japan. I sometimes stay awake all night just to compose the words and edit it,” she said.

 

Minho giggled sarcastically and looked at her with blank eyes. “Well then. Kudos for your effort, but I don’t think it’s at par with your other popular songs. Here’s what I’ve wrote last night. I’ve also had the draft melody for this.” Minho showed his notebook to Sulli and discussed to her the song.

 

“Wow,” Sulli mumbled. She was amazed on Minho’s talent and skills in writing and composing a song. The lyrics were incredible.

 

After a while, someone knocked on the door. “Hey, Ssul!” Taemin said blissfully. He walked towards the sofa and sat in between Sulli and Minho. “How’s your song going?” He grabbed the notebook of Minho and scanned it. “Wow, amazing! You wrote this, Ssul?”

 

“Aniyo,” Sulli said shyly. “It’s Minho’s.”

 

Taemin mouthed an “oh” as he looked at Minho and smiled. “Nice one, Minho!” He raised his hand to high five Minho, but Minho rejected it as he looked at the side. Taemin slowly lowered his hand in humiliation. “Anyway, Ssul. Do you want to eat lunch with me now?”

 

“Huh?” Sulli asked. She looked at Minho, who was looking at them. Minho quickly looked at the ceiling as he mumbled things. She didn’t want to go with him, but she remembered what Krystal said to her. “Ah, sure.”

 

“Alright! You want to go with us, Minho?” Taemin asked.

 

“No. It’s okay,” Minho said. Inside, Taemin was happy to hear what Minho said.

 

Taemin and Sulli walked out the room, leaving Minho alone at the warmly yet slightly dim room. After minutes of staring at the notebook, he decided to get out of the room. But, Director Kangta opened the door before he got off the sofa.

 

“Minho, first off, I’d like to thank you for guesting at Running Man even if it was out of your contract with us,” Director Kangta said. “I’ve heard that fans of Sulli were glad that she was coupled with you. They even felt that you were a real couple.”

 

“Really?” Minho said as he chuckled.

 

“Ne, ne. Anyway, I thought of giving this back to you. It’s significant for you, I think,” Director said as he handed out a notebook. A black notebook. A familiar notebook. Minho was surprised to see his old notebook. The notebook that he thought was lost.

 

“W-W-Where did you find this?” he asked as he slowly grabbed the notebook.

 

“What kind of question is that?” Director Kangta said as he laughed. “You gave us that along with your other sample works, resume and letter.”

 

Minho suddenly had a smart guess on who pushed him to be on SM Entertainment. It was Krystal.

 

 

 

“Ssul, let’s go have lunch!” Taemin said enthusiastically. It had been like this for a week. Minho kept refusing his offer of joining them and he’ll stay in the recording room, writing random words and playing the piano.

 

As Sulli and Taemin were about to walk towards the door, the door opened and a woman appeared. Minho was surprised that he stood up from his seat.

 

“Krystal,” Minho said.

 

“Minho oppa!” Krystal shouted. She placed the pink lunch box on the coffee table as she hugged Minho tightly. Sulli stood still as she looked at Krystal hugging Minho. Krystal released her hug and presented the lunch box to Minho. “For you, oppa! I cooked this for you.”

 

Minho slowly received the lunch box and said, “Gomawo, Krystal!”

 

Krystal noticed that Sulli was still not moving from her place. Perfect timing, she thought. She smiled sarcastically at Sulli and gave her a glare afterwards. After Minho placed the lunch box on the table again, Krystal wrapped her arms around Minho’s neck and quickly kissed him on the lips.

 

Sulli’s heart sunk as she saw Krystal kiss Minho. Minho was surprised and felt that it was awkward for Krystal to do it here. He pushed Krystal slowly away from him. “W-W-What was that?” Minho said furiously.

 

“Let’s get out,” Taemin whispered to Sulli. Sulli nodded as they both walked out of the room.

 

“Oppa, mianhae,” Krystal said. “I just wanted to make Sulli feel miserable,” she mumbled. She had a sudden shock of what she said that she covered .

 

“What did you say?” Minho asked.

 

“Nothing, oppa,” Krystal said. “L-L-Let’s eat.”

 

 

It was already near midnight when Minho decided to go home. “That’s for today, I think,” he said to Sulli.

 

“Okay,” Sulli said.

 

“We’d have these approved to the director tomorrow and after that, we could already start recording the tracks,” he added. Sulli nodded. Minho placed the notebook, pen and CDs in his brown bag and he wore it afterwards. He said goodbye to Sulli as he walked out of the room.

 

Sulli’s mind became perplexed. What Krystal said to her a week ago kept ringing back to her mind. No matter what she does, she still can’t get Minho off her mind. He’s her first and current love. As the days pass, her heart’s getting suffered more and more.

 

“If ever we meet again, I promise that I’ll never be this coward, again.” She recalled her promise to herself eight years ago. Even if it fails, at least I told him the truth, she thought.

 

She twisted the doorknob and pulled the door. She saw Minho slowly walking on the long coldly lit hallway. She ran towards him. Her heart’s beating faster and faster as she got closer and closer to him. As she neared him, she opened her arms and hugged Minho from his back.

 

Minho was surprised from what she did. He knew it was Sulli.

 

Sulli rested her head on Minho’s back and said, “Minho, saranghae. I know it’s wrong of me to say this. Saranghae, Minho, saranghae.” A tear fell from her eye as Minho smiled.

 

“Though someday your name might become strange,

My heart will remember all the memories.

Even if a painful separation comes between us,

Let’s not think about that today.”