Twelve: Dinner Table Etiquette

Voice of Trust

 

 
 
 
Dinner Table Etiquette
 
 
 
 
 
            With Heechul, Kyuhyun, Hankyung and Yesung gone, the Choi's estate became much quieter once more. And so was Ryeowook.
 
 
 
             The small college student went back to his usual silent self, though as a month passed, he did start to talk more. Though it was whispers mostly, it was better than nothing. 
 
 
 
             Siwon grew happier day by day. The more days passed and the more vocal Ryeowook became, and the more he seemed to trust the older man. As happy as he is however, he also became more worried. Ryeowook's morning sickness is seriously scaring him. It came in the morning, afternoon, and at night. Sometimes he's wake up in the ungodly hours of the morning to the sound of retching, immediately assisting his crouching lover and providing comfort. The boy didn't eat much as it is, and what he didn't eat, he seemed to only throw up and out again. 
 
 
 
 
"Ryeowookie, you need to eat more," Ryeowook snapped his head upwards from the meal he isn't eating at the sound of Siwon's rich, deep voice.
 
 
               The giant table of the dining room table of the mansion felt intimidating to him. It also felt empty. He sat from one end of the table, about two and a half meters away from Siwon. He felt so alone eating like this everyday, as he was used to Heechul's demanding presence and crazy stories whenever they ate together at their house before. With this lonesome feeling dampening his mood, his appetite was chased away every single time. Wook looked at Siwon with sheepish, apologetic, and unconsciously lonely eyes. 
 
 
 
               Finally sensing his lover's discomfort, Siwon summoned him in a gentle, slightly guilty voice as he saw the loneliness in the boy's orbs, "Come here."
 
 
               Ryeowook walked over to his side then stood in front of him uncertainly. Then Siwon pulled him and sat the blushing, pretty latter on his lap.
 
 
"Is this better? Let me feed you," Siwon grinned hugely, ignoring Ryeowook's futile protests.
 
 
                Siwon took turns in feeding himself and the lovely boy in his lap. They ate in content silence, happy with just being in each other's presence. Ryeowook liked being taken cared of like this, to be protected in someone's arms. He felt that he could really rely on Siwon more and more. Maybe he could even grow to love him. Not now, but someday maybe. 
 
 
 
 
                 Being in this house for about 2 months now, he's grown used to living here, though not with all the servants. He liked to be taken cared of, but not all time. As much as he could, Ryeowook did things by himself when he was alone. But when Siwon's around, he was sure that Siwon would've carried him everywhere and not let a toe of his touch the ground. But what got him curious is the lack of...family presence. This fact stood out even more when they ate their meals in the luxuriously ornate dining room.  Ryeowook knew Siwon was an only child, but he hasn't seen his parents even once. He never asked about them because he didn't want to pry. Without thinking, Ryeowook voiced his thoughts.
 
 
"Where are your parents?" he wondered aloud suddenly and unthinkingly. 
 
 
        Things were silent as Siwon thought of what to say. 
 
 
"They run a company together, so they live in the city. It's more convenient for them that way so they don't have to travel so far everyday from here to the main city," he responded, pondering if it would be okay to lace his arms around Ryeowook's tiny waist. He swiped a crumb on the side of Ryeowook's lip with his thumb then put it in his mouth, causing Ryeowook's cheeks to be tinged with a powder pink. 
 
 
"Is this how your parents eat? At opposite ends of a table?" Ryeowook turned to Siwon with innocently curious eyes, the adorable sight crumbling Siwon's pondering and hugging his mid section suddenly. Ryeowook tried and failed to beat down the blush that just faded a second ago. 
 
 
"Yeah. This is how all families eat on this side of the river," Siwon replied thoughtfully as he started rubbing Wook's tummy soothingly, his breath at the latter's nape and causing a slight shiver to spike down Ryeowook's spine. 
 
 
"Mmmm..."Ryeowook purred at his ministrations and sank down further into his chest and lap. "But isn't it lonely though? It's so quiet.." he leaned his head on Siwon's shoulder as he sighed and closed his eyes, thoroughly enjoying this. Siwon smiled so wide, his face threatened to split, as he watched the boy turn into putty in his big hands. Then, he thought for a moment and shrugged.
 
 
"It does sometimes, but I'm used to it. Why, do you not like it?" Siwon paused his hand and craned his neck to gaze at Ryeowook's face.
 
 
           Ryeowook shrugged hesitantly, too shy to tell him the truth. The truth is, he didn't like it at all. He won't dare day it thought because he felt that it was rude to tell someone that you didn't like their traditions. 
Siwon frowned when Wook stayed silent and averted his eyes.
 
 
"You can tell me if you don't like it, you know. You can be honest with me, I won't judge you," Siwon murmured gently in his ear, rubbing circles on Ryeowook's tummy again. 
 
 
"Well," Wook started. "It just seems so lonesome and cold like that. Shouldn't two people who love each other always be by each other's side- or at least close together- no matter what?" Wookie questioned thoughtfully, blushing a bit at the cheesy words.
 
 
 
            Siwon paused for a moment, biting his tongue to prevent him from saying something that may upset the boy. It wasn't like his parents loved each other. Well, not the way he loved Wookie so unconditionally. His parents were forced to marry, so they had to learn to tolerate each other and eventually loved each other more like close friends rather than lovers. He shook his head to chase away such thoughts.
 
 
"Well, do you like it better like this?" Siwon tightened his arms a bit to emphasize their current position, smiling like a giant idiot when Ryeowook blushed red from the tips of his ears to his nape. 
 
 
"Y-yeah..." Wook whispered shyly and dropped his eyes to the floor, twiddling his thumbs.
 
 
"Then we should eat like this all the time then," Siwon pecked Ryeowook's deliciously flushed cheek,then  the smaller boy turned his head and they gazed into each other's eyes. Happy grins made its way to their lips, hearts beating fast and loud in their ears. 
 
 
 
 
                Maybe...maybe that day is today. Maybe that 'someday' is today. Maybe I'm starting to fall in love with him, Ryeowook thought dreamily as they intertwined hands on his still flat tummy. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
hey guys i'm back :)
sorry that took a while..been really with school lately :/
 
did u guys hear about Yesung's enlistment to the army? im sure u all did :(
im really gonna miss him so much TT^TT and i honestly think that he should at least wait until heechul comes back before he goes anywhere..no KRY for 2 years when he goes *sobs* 
 
anyways, back to the fic..
what do u think u guys..
BABY BOY OR BABY GIRL?
let me know what gender u want for SiWook's baby in the comments :)
 
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :D