Home

YunBoA: A Series of One-Shots

 

The only thing you can hear is a ticking noise in your head. You aren't crazy, you're just nervous. You just spent two weeks holed up in a cabana in Costa Rica, staying in a remote village called Quebrada Arroyo, near Manuel Antonio and Quepos. You were helping to rebuild the rainforest trails.

Two weeks away from Korea. Two weeks away from your parents.

Two weeks away from Yeon Hee, Ara, and Se Kyung.

Two weeks away from Yunho.

The fingers holding onto your carry-on bag tighten around the thick, woven strap. You haven't been able to call anyone since your connecting flight on your way to Costa Rica. And the nights you spent in bed playing Tetris and Anipang on your phone didn't exactly help to save your battery, so now your cell is completely dead.

And you've really missed them, so not being able to contact them has stunk majorly.

The short, pudgy woman in front of you is trying desperately to rouse the attention of her two young boys and shoo them off the plane. You're not a particularly spiteful person, but you sort of hate her right now. She's blocking the aisle of the plane, and she and her children are the only things standing between you and everything.

Finally, after five agonizing minutes, she grabs her two sons and hustles them off of the plane. Suddenly, your heart won't stop beating like you just ran a marathon, and you think you might throw up. Your bag, which you bought in a craft market for 6500 colones, feels uncommonly heavy. It's probably because of the hand-woven bracelets you bought for your best-friends, the beautifully carved box for your mother to put her jewelry in, the two t-shirts you bought for father, the dogtag and pair of shoes you bought for Yunho, other presents for your labelmates, and your diary.

Or maybe it's because you're so nervous that you seriously might throw up.

The steps that you're taking to get out of the plane even manage to sound nervous. You're so scared because what if he hasn't missed you? What if he found some other girl while you were away, someone thinner, prettier?

Your relationship had barely just begun before you were gone, and while Costa Rica was absolutely gorgeous, you couldn't go a single day without thinking about him.

You've taken about two steps outside of your gate when you hear someone call your name.

"BoA!" The voice sounds excited, out of breath, and most importantly, it's his. You turn around, and there he is.

He shoves his way through the crowd, shouldering and elbowing without regret. Your bag hits the carpeting and you rush towards him. You collide and stumble, and he's pressing hot kisses into your hair and all over your neck, and he's whispering, ", BoA, don't go away again."

You grab his face between your hands and kiss him, hard. When you pull away, you think your smile just might break your face.

He takes your hand and even picks up your forgotten bag, and even though his smile is nowhere near as large as yours is, the small one on his lips that he tries to suppress with a bite is a welcome sight to you.

"Where are we going?" you ask, giddy.

He raises an eyebrow at you and says, "Where do you wanna go?"

"I don't care," you whisper happily, squeezing his hand. "I'm home, Yunho. I'm with you."

He bites his lip again, and you feel the pressure on your hand.

--

Author’s Note:

Something short and sweet for now. I’m trying to think of another storyline for my next one-shot, so stay tuned for that!