Woohyun's Past Part 3

You Make My Heart Race

"Omma, appa, where are you going?!" Woohyun cried as he asked his parents that were just about to leave the house.

"We're leaving! We don't need a son like you who doesn't listen to us! We never wanted you; you were just a mistake!"

"Andwae! Don't leave me! Kajima!! I promise I'll behave! Please don't say that.....Omma, aPPA!!!!!" Woohyun's voice screeched and he held onto his dad's arm tight. His father roughly shoved him away, causing him to tumble towards the floor.

"Fine! If you don't want us to leave, you leave! Get out!" Woohyun's mom grabbed Woohyun by the collar and shoved him out the door. Woohyun cried on the front porch that winter night. He hugged his knees against his chest keeping warmth, but it was still so cold. Then after minutes of crying, he fell asleep, shivering.

The next morning, Woohyun woke up and remembered the night before and ran towards the door. But to his surprise, it was completely vacant. They left. His parents left him alone. Woohyun fell to his knees and bawled. "Ommaaaaaa! Appaaaaaa!"

"Andwae!" Woohyun suddenly screamed and opened his eyes. He was sweating all over and was crying. This was another one of those nights where Woohyun got nightmares. He had been having them ever since that day his parents abandoned him. Woohyun never understood what he did wrong in the first place to deserve this. With the thought of his parents, he started crying again. He glanced and saw that Sungjong and Sungyeol were still soundly asleep. He sighed and headed to the bathroom to wash his face.

As soon as he was done, he couldn't go back to sleep. He walked down the hallway, only to bump into the wall. Woohyun groaned in pain and rubbed his forehead.

"Ah! Aish...that hurt." Woohyun pouted. He continued walking his way downstairs and walked into the kitchen. He looked into the fridge and saw milk, strawberry to be exact. His little eyes brightened up as he saw what was in front of him.

"Oh! It's strawberry milk!" Woohyun screamed, a little too loud. He grabbed the carton and looked in the cabinets for a cup. He finally found a cup, but was too short to reach it. He reached out his arm and was on his tip toes. However, he still could not reach it. He sighed.

"How am I supposed to drink my milk now?" Woohyun pouted. All Woohyun could do was stare at the carton thirstily. As he was staring at the milk, memories came flooding through his mind. He remembered the times when his grandma used to buy him strawberry milk, even though his parents wouldn't allow that. Therefore, his grandma would always sneakily give some to him. With that thought, Woohyun sighed.

"I wish grandma were here..."

"You miss your grandma?" Someone's presence had scared Woohyun.

"O-oh! Gamjakiya! A-appa, what are you doing here this late?" Woohyun asked, taking his eyes away from the milk carton. He looked up surprised by the older man in front of him.

"I should be asking you that. Why are you up so late? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"I couldn't sleep.." Woohyun said as he looked down.

"Why? Did you have a nightmare?" Mr. Lee asked with worry on his face as he walked towards the little boy. Woohyun nodded, but didn't answer. "Do you...want to tell me?"

"M-my..." Tears rolled down the younger boy's face. "I had a dream that my parents left me. The same exact one when they left me for real." Woohyun continued. It hurt Mr. Lee to see Woohyun like this. He walked closer to Woohyun and embraced him in a hug. "I-I still don't understand w-what I did wrong.." Woohyun sobbed, soaking Mr. Lee's shirt.

Mr. Lee rubbed soothing circles on Woohyun's back to calm him down. "It's okay, nothing is your fault. You didn't do any wrong. Woohyun ah..look at me..." Mr. Lee and Woohyun pulled apart and he held the younger's shoulders, looking into his eyes. "Forget everything that has happened in the past. Start a new life."

Woohyun stared at him wide eyed. "B-b-but I can't f-forget my g-grandma.." Woohyun said as he looked back down at the floor.

"Woohyun ah, you don't have to forget everything. Just forget the bad memories. You're still very young. As you get older, you will gradually forget the past." Woohyun nodded slightly. "So...about your grandma, do you miss her very much?"

"Y-yeah, but she's not h-here anymore."

"Do you want to visit her tomorrow?" As soon as Woohyun heard this, his face brightened up.

"C-can I?!"

"Yes, you can." Mr. Lee smiled and ruffled the younger's hair.

 

The next day, Mr. Lee, Woohyun, and the other two, woke up a bit earlier. Mr. Lee promised Woohyun that he'd take him to his grandmother's grave and the other two insisited on going also. Woohyun was both happy and sad to visit his grandma. Sad, because it brang back the memories. Happy, because he would be able to see her after a long time. 

They drove to the graveyard and it took about half an hour to arrive. They walked over to Woohyun's grandma's grave and placed the bouquet of flowers gently on the stone. Woohyun kneeled down and placed his hands in his lap while looking at his grandmother. 

"Halmoni..how are you doing? Are you happy where you are? I miss you very much...I'm doing fine now because Mr. Lee takes care of me. He told me to call him Appa. That's a good thing, right? I even have two brothers that care about me. Their names are Sungjong and Sungyeol. I'll treat them as if they're my own dongsaengs and love them forever." As he was talking, tears were flowing down his face uncontrollably. "I-I..." Woohyun could no longer form words as he was sobbing and cut off by the hiccups.

Mr. Lee walked towards Woohyun and kneeled in front of him. He embraced the younger into his arms. Woohyun automatically wrapped his arms around the man's neck and cried. Mr. Lee calmly patted Woohyun's back, hoping to calm him down. 

Sungjong and Sungyeol, who were just standing at the side watching the scene in front of them, decided to say their own words to Woohyun's grandmother as well. Sungyeol allowed Sungjong to go first. 

"Uhm...h-halmoni..this is our first time meeting. Were you a great grandma to Woohyun hyung? I wish I could've met you; you would've been a very nice grandma...I hope you live well.." Sungjong didn't have much more to say, so he let Sungyeol talk.

"H-halmoni...how are you doing? Woohyun hyung must've really liked you. I wish I had a grandma like you. I really like Woohyun hyung; he's very fun to be with..uhm..." and soon without realization, tears were rolling down Sungyeol's face.

Mr. Lee pulled the other two in his arms and embraced them. Woohyun felt warmth; something he's never felt before. He snuggled into the older man's chest and remained in that position.


(4 years later)

"Yah! Nam Woohyun! Ppali, we're gonna be late!" (Not to confuse you readers, but lets just say that Woohyun didn't change his last name. He wanted to keep it because it was the last name his grandmother had).

"Arrasso! I'm coming!" Woohyun came running down the stairs putting on his uniform jacket.

"Aish! Why do you take forever to get ready?"

"Sorry I never hear my alarm clock."

"Sure~" Sungyeol then turned to look at Sungjong. "Jongie can you walk to school yourself today? I don't think we'll make it on time."

"Gwenchana. Just go, I can walk by myself. I'm in the 5th grade for god sake!"

"Okay okay." Sungyeol raised both hands up in defeat.

"Kaja!" Woohyun ran out of the door down the street. Sungyeol ran after Woohyun trying to catch up to him and he sure did. He had long legs for a reason. He was the tallest tower anyone's ever seen.

It's been almost 4 years since they've been together as a family, despite the different last names. Woohyun erased all the bad memories of his parents and started a new life. He still remembers his grandmother and often visits her grave. Sometimes, Sungyeol and Sungjong like to tag along and say their blessings. Also, for having such a wonderful grandson. Woohyun was really thankful that he had brothers like them. He treated them as if they were his biological brothers and his father as his own.

 

However, people at school don't know that Woohyun and Sungyeol are related. Their different last names being one reason. And not telling people being the other. It's not that anyone at the school cared anyway. Because of the nerd he was, including Sungyeol, hardly anybody paid attention to them. And if they did, they'd be bullied in some sort. Students know Sungjong more and still, they don't know that the three were related. Sungjong wasn't a nerd like the other two. He was a very pretty boy, or people call him the 'diva.'

A/N: Okay so this is a short chapter again...I'm reaaaaally sorry T.T I'll be having spring break soon, so I'm hoping to update then. I appreciate your patience, it means a lot ^_^

And I'm sorry if the story feels a bit rushed.

This is the end of Woohyun's past, so the next chapter should be back to present time.

Read, Comment, Subscribe!

AND OMG DID YOU GUYS SEE SUNGJONG'S AND DONGWOO'S TEASER FOR THEIR MV?! KYAAAA THEY'RE SO ADORABLE!!!!!!