Woohyun's Past Part 2

You Make My Heart Race

It was dark already, but Woohyun kept wandering around. It started raining, but it didn't seem to stop Woohyun from walking. By the time he stopped in an alley, he was already soaking wet. He stepped backwards towrads the wall and slid down. He sat there with his knees against his chest and cried. Many people passing by didn't seem to care or notice Woohyun's presence. They just ignored him and walked away. Woohyun soon fell asleep, but someone's presence woke him up. He got scared and scooted away from him. The man just came closer and closer. He didn't want to harm Woohyun in any way, he just wanted to help him. "G-go away." Woohyun's voice was shaky and cracked at the end.

"N-no. I don't want to hurt you. I want to help you. Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Why are you here alone? Where are your parents?" The man asked various questions and leaned in closer to get a better view of Woohyun's face.

"T-they left m-me."

"Bwoh? They left you? Why? Do you want to tell me?"

"They abandoned me."

"W-what?"

"They said I was just a mistake. They never loved me."

"So you don't have a home to stay in?" The man softened when he saw Woohyun's expression. Woohyun just shook his head and kept his head down. "Come, I'll give you a home to stay in." The man smiled at Woohyun and that made Woohyun smile a bit. Woohyun was a bit hesitant about whether he should trust the stranger or not. He didn't seem to be a bad person. He looked very wealthy and he had a smile that was very warm.

"Excuse me...ahjussi..."

"Yes?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm Mr. Lee, but you can call me appa."

"Mr. Lee?"

"I told you to call me appa, didn't I?"

"Mian...."

"What's your name?"

"Woohyun. Nam Woohyun."

"How old are you?"

"8."

"Okay, kaja."

"Where?"

"Home. Where else?" Mr. Lee held Woohyun's hand in his and walked down the night street. For some reason, Woohyun felt like he could trust him. The way Mr. Lee held his hand had a warm feeling.

Woohyun just followed Mr. Lee not knowing where he was being taken. After a long walk, the two arrived at a big house. Woohyun's eyes widened in shock and his mouth open agape. Mr. Lee just chuckled and led Woohyun inside the house. When they were inside, they were two other boys inside the house. Woohyun looked up at Mr. Lee and tugged on his hand.

"Mr. Lee, who are they?"

"Why they are my sons. Sungyeol and Sungjong, come here for a second."

"What is it appa?" The two asked and god were they cute.

"I want you to meet your new brother."

"Brother?" Sungyeol and Sungjong asked in unison.

"Woohyun ah." Mr. Lee bent down to Woohyun's eye level. "These are my two sons, Sungyeol and Sungjong. Sungyeol is a year younger than you. He's 7. And Sungjong here, is 6. I know you guys will get along very well."

"Annyeong..." Woohyun bowed.

"Aye, Woohyun no need to be so formal to your brothers. Kids, this is Woohyun. Treat him well, arrasso?" They nodded and ran towards Woohyun. They tackled him with a hug.

"We have a new brother!"

"..............."

"Hyung! Let's go play." Woohyun nervously nodded and followed wherever Sungjong was dragging him to. As Woohyun was with the other two siblings, he felt a bit uneasy. He felt scared. He was scared that they'd leave him, just like his parents did. He didn't want to trust anyone anymore, but why is it when he's with Mr. Lee and his sons, he feels so safe and loved? The more Woohyun stayed in that house, the more he felt welcomed. Nobody told him he was useless, unworthy, a nuisance, or of any sort. He wanted to get those bad memories out of his head; he couldn't stand thinking about his past.

The three siblings talked, laughed, and played. Woohyun has never felt this happy with anyone before, even with Jeongmin. Woohyun had finally found his happiness. This was where he belonged.....all along.


"Hyung, let's sleep in my room, neh?" Sungjong asked Woohyun.

"Is that okay?"

"Of course!"

"Then where will I sleep?" Sungyeol pouted and crossed his arms.

"Sleep somewhere. There are many rooms in this house." Sungjong stuck his tongue out at Sungyeol and giggled.

"Jongie, you're so mean."

"Mehrong~"

"Hmph." Woohyun chuckled at the Lee siblings and walked away looking for Me. Lee. He searched the big house checking each door, seeing what its contents were. He finally arrived at a door near the staircase and knocked on it. A voice inside told him to come in. Woohyun opened the door slowly not wanting to be rude.

"Mr. Lee?"

"Oh! Woohyun ah! What are you doing here? Come in!" Woohyun slowly walked in and sat down on a chair in front of the work desk. "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"M-may I ask you a question?" Mr. Lee nodded and allowed Woohyun to continue. "Why did you bring me in here? Aren't I worthless? You're very rich and has two nice sons, so why did you take me in? I'm a nobody..."

Woohyun whispered the last words, but Mr. Lee was able to hear them. Mr. Lee stood up and walked towards Woohyun. He kneeled down to the younger's eye level and held his face. "Look. You're not a nobody; I love you very much. It hurts me to see you very sad. I barely know you, but I know that you're a very bright boy. And I can tell that Sungjong and Sungyeol like your company too. So don't think of yourself like that. Also, I don't care if I'm rich or not, as long as you're with my family, then I'll be very satisfied."

Woohyun was very touched to hear those words. He smiled and hugged Mr. Lee.

"Thank you......appa....you're the first person to say those words to me. Thank you." Mr. Lee patted Woohyun's back and hugged him back.

Woohyun and Mr. Lee finally parted and with that, the younger left the room. He remembered what his father (Mr. Lee) had said and smiled. He yawned and entered the sibling's room to fall into deep sleep.

 

I'm sorry if it was short :( I'm working on my other fics and school is getting pretty busy, so I didn't have the time. I'm reaaaaly sorry. DON'T HATE ME! >.<