L - Ramen Romance

☼ Turning Pages ☾

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUV83s0UsUDrPEv2WfNhs

"[Name]-chan, you should come inside now it's getting dark out."

You glanced over your shoulder at your sister in law and nodded. You were on the 3rd day of your vacation. You finally had the time to relax and go to Japan! But unfortunately your boyfriend couldn't make it, again. What could you expect? He was an idol and you were the normal girl he had met on the street who overtime eventually became his girlfriend. L was starring in a drama too, you didn't want him to miss his drama either. It was complicated dating an idol but you still love him and whenever he had time he would come see you. Though that's like once every two weeks...

 

You were on vacation. You wanted him to come with you to amazing Japan and it's ramen. On the other hand, your brother had just married a japanese lady who speaks korean luckily and that's why you had an opportunity to come to Japan. When you were younger you always wanted to marry someone japanese just to get close to Japan and it's endless animes and mangas.  Yes, you were a geek for anime and yet you still are. 

"[Name]-chan, where's your boyfriend? He's still not here and it's getting late again."

You rolled your way over to your sister-in law and faced up to the ceiling. "You see, he's busy with work. It's okay though! He said he would come next time, he promised."

Your sister in law nodded then left the room, leaving you alone. You rubbed your eyes and reached for the remote. Your eyes widen when you saw Infinite performing. You were breathless. You knew how hard they work to gained this much attention, they deserved it afterall. They have everyone counting on them to be the best of the best. You were proud of them and glad to had met them. You turned the tv off and laid on the floor with your head rested on your arms. "They must be exhausted. Oddly enough this reminds me of the time L and I made ramen..."

"You're weird!"

You jumped from your spot only to find your younger sister in law, staring at you. You have two sister in laws, by the way, the one your brother married and her younger sister but back to the story. "Oh it's just you, need anything kiddo?"

She shook her head then proceeded out the door without looking back. You scratched your head. "Does she hate me or something?"

 As you were about to turn to the screen, you heard the door creak again. Knowing who it was, you still got up from your spot to investigate it, as your culprit was about to sprint off, you caught her. You were having troubles with your younger sister in law. Ever since the day your brother got married, your younger sister in law would always be glaring at you and wouldn't speak in front of you unless asked to. At first you thought she was shy but no, she talked to you but with hatred in her eyes.

"Look kiddo, we're a family now. I'm sorry to say that, it's been made. Confess up if you have a problem with me!"

She didn't make eye contact with you and turned her head slighty away from you. "I see you finally spoke up too, guess you are normal afterall despite dating Infinite's visual, L."

"W-ait, wait. What?" 

She rolled her eyes. "[Name]-san. You're a target of all fangirls now, since you took L away. I even thought you would be a spoiled brat since you're always with an idol. After seeing you these few days, you're just a regular girl who's in love with anime and manga. I'm sorry for judging you."

You were shocked, how did she figure out you were dating L? Were you that obvious? Has it been posted on the internet yet? But you pushed those aside and said, "Uh t-thanks? I think."

She nodded. "When I commented about how you seeing Infinite reminds you of ramen, I meant that. It's really weird."

You started laughing. "Honestly I think it's weird too but it's like how he once was obsessed over kimchi but I think he still is....But anyways let me tell you about our ramen romance!" 

--

"Whenever L came to my house, we would always eat whatever was there and so we ate noodles. He made them evevertime too. So he made it clear that whenever we ate at home, we would eat whatever he makes which was ramen. Now everytime I see Myungsoo all I think about is ramen because it came up alot during our dates."

She looked at with the 'what the' face and you just smiled. "You see L's not a cool, cold guy. He's a weirdo that I love. I love him as much as I love anime and manga!"

"Honestly [Name]-san? That's strange but alright, also be sure to thank me for tomorrow", she said and left the room leaving you utterly clueless.

 

You sat down at the table with the rest, staring at the clock and then back at your younger sister in law. You still had no idea what she had meant. You sighed and began munching down on your rice then your phone rang.  

"Oh-excuse me I have to take this." You ran out of the room and looked at the caller id, unknown caller. You scratched your head and wondered if you should pick it up but you knew you were wasting time and answered it. 

Hello?

Oh [Name]?

OH MYUNGSOO

You heard him chuckle through the line. [Name] I miss you but you shouldn't be missing out on lunch

Why not? 

Could you just go back to eating? We can talk later. And just like that he had hung up on you, leaving you again confused on why he even called in the first place. You rubbed your neck and walked back into the kitchen seeing your sister in law pointing at the door. You didn't care what she would do to you so you just lazily walk over and reached for the knob. However the knob twisted on it's own and behind the other side was him.

"Good afternoon [Name]. Ready for some ramen romance?"

You stood there at the door frozen, you never did tell him you had called it the "ramen romance." You then turned to your sister-in laws who just smiled and then to your brother shaking  his head and pointing at them.

"Of course, Myungsoo."

Just like that your whole vacation turned to have ramen at every corner. Even when you were with your family members, ramen came up. It was annoying but at least now you had an interesting story to tell if you had kids.

 

Extended Ending

"[Name] are you ready? We made you something special."

"Well what did my man and son make for me?"

"Mommy! We made you NOODLES!"

"......................."

"C'mon jagiya, we worked extra hard too."

"Honestly you two sure are something special."

"You're special too mommy!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYuF-BVoQDgCn2tRxFNIy