Yongguk - Changes

☼ Turning Pages ☾

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScLX6ehyYdTnn4MzzQ7J3

"How's your girlfriend?"

Just like that it felt as if time had frozed. You then took out your icy hands from your pocket and planted it on his face to get his full attention. He jumped but didn't say a word. Right now, why did you say that to him? You didn't understand but kept a pokerface on, waiting for him to reply back. You silently sighed and looked up ahead. "My apologies. Gotta go, my bus is here." 

But as you were about to get your bus pass out, he took it and walked slighty away from the bus stop. You knew he wanted to say something, you knew he didn't want you to leave just yet. You knew because you did the exact same thing to him back then.

".....[Name]...You didn't change, did you?" He faced you but just slightly. "Jieun.. I like her but we're nothing...Yet."

As you lowered your head down the snowflakes began to dance around the both of you. Yet? How much you wanted to know, how much you wanted yell and scream but instead of throwing a trantrum, you broke out and couldn't conceal your pokerface any longer. It hurted, your warm tears kept streaming down your cold face. How much you wanted them to stop-they just wouldn't. You didn't want that kind of answer, a lie would of been better than the truth. Worst of all you still didn't forget it-the fact that you still love him.

You didn't look up just yet and pretended you had something in your eye.  "Oh I see-good luck with that. Could you give me back my bus pass now?" You rose up as if nothing had happened. "I have work to go to then I have to pick up my younger brother."

You didn't look back or to anywhere, you just faced him, eyeing him with your usual 'hurry up, you're wasting my time' expression on. However he didn't look amused and and spoke with comtempt in his voice, "You really didn't change. How did you manage life without me? Are you still the snarky, uptight little girl?" He then paused and saw the upset look you had on and turned his back away from you tossing the bus pass back to you. "Or are you the cool, composed pokerface type?" 

He walked away from you without even turning back, not even a glance and you just stood there dazed, just about ready to drop dead into the snow. Instead of falling in you leaped up and burst out screaming, "I'M NOT BIPOLAR! Why don't you just just ask her out already! BANG YONGGUK JUST-JUST RUN TO HER!"

Just in an instance, he left. You didn't feel the need to search for him through the light snowstorm. You didn't care anymore. You blew it again and your emotions got over you. Before you were about to leave the bus stop, it had arrived and of course you went on. You sat directly near the front and close to the window seat. The bus kept on rolling and roaring it wouldn't be another minutes or hours till you would get out of the lively, noisy bus. You groaned by the thought of being stuck for hours there and then plugged your ear buds in and dugged into your bag for your phone. 

3:27

You sighed and scratched your head. "I'm late again. Not good." As you turned your head to the window you saw a view of Yongguk walking side by side with her, Jieun. You scowl at the thought but shook your head. He's nothing to me now, I set him free. "He deserves it." And like that you didn't take another look back.

 

Next Day

"Noona are you going to be late again?"

You flashed a smile at your little brother and patted his head. "I'm sorry, honestly. I'll come on time this time and I'll buy you icecream today or anything you want. Sounds like a plan kiddo?" 

He nodded his little head and ran off into the school building. You chuckled but then went into a long groan. Hopefully I can fufill this you thought.

After dropping off your little brother you began to waltz around the crowd filled streets. It was nothing new, the crowd didn't bother you as much as back then. You always did this after dropping your brother, either walking somewhere or hurrying for school. By doing this you knew most of the shop owners names and they knew you. And after your endless walk you came to a stop when you saw him again. He met up with your eyes and held it-not letting your gaze go to waste. But you let loose and just walked away as if nothing had happened.

"Hold up [Name], I'm not letting you run away again."

His tone was firm and serious but you thought it as nothing and said, "I didn't run away from anything. You ran away from me."

He didn't move an incht but instead he started fidgeting. "Yongguk, I don't understand but then again you probably don't understand me too. Don't you have somewhere else to be?" You said flatly, "I do but I can't."

You raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean?"

He grinned. "I can't since someone doesn't want me here."

"Oh. Whatever do you mean?", you said - hopefully he can just say it out plain and simple you thought.

He started to grin and you started to get irritate by the nonsense. You looked away from him and sighed, "Yongguk is it okay to be honest?" Then you spun back and faced him, "Yeah hit me."

Looking to your side and holding your arm you finally spoke out, "You know...I never thought about it but it came into mind that..I need to be truthful to myself...So Yongguk in order for me to move on...I wanna say-."

His warmth suddenly engulfed me all around. He then whispered into my ear, "I love you [name]. I'm sorry for changing."

You began to tear up and eventually a river of tears started streaming down."Yongguk you idiot! You now say that??"

He brang your body closer, close enough you could hear the beating of his heart. Thump, thump, thump.

"...I know. I'm sorry. I haven't realized till now. I'm the biggest jerk in the world and even in the mato planet...It got me so furious when you said her name even though I liked her but when I went to see her-I felt nothing anymore. You were on my mind for some reason. I just don't know what got into me [name]" You wanted to have that straight face but you couldn't hide it so you just cupped your hands over your mouth. "[Name]. I don't care if you hate me but I just wanted you to hear me out just one last time."

You then smiled.

"Last time? You are an idiot and a jerk but hey I forgive if you can forgive me at least."

"Deal." And like that he sealed it upon your lips. Remarking a new day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvYE5russ_QFADxg0si5c

EXTENDED ENDING

"Oh crap..."

"[Name], sorry did you not like it?"

"Oh I-um I-loved it it's just I forgot to pick up my brother..."

"Oh.....OH! Let's go!"

"This is your fault Bang Yongguk!"