L.Joe - Third Wheel

☼ Turning Pages ☾

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWGQj27avfxHimZcrBsMr

"Being in a third wheel !" 

You stare at your younger cousin and start to giggle. "Oh do explain."

"Oh noona, sorry I shouted...Uh you see.."

Cutting him off you shake your head. "It's alright why don't you tell me your troubles?"

He nodded. "You see-"

"[Name]! You're late! Hurry up before you get yelled at again! Honestly, RUN!"

 You stare out into the distance and see a stunning young man come running in but only to hit you on your head. "Lee Byunghun! What's the big idea??"

 You two begin to agrue about such nonsense. Sighing at his behaviour, you sat down on the bench next to your cousin and turn your phone on ignoring your boyfriend's bickering. You scanned through your phone, 2:40 PM. You checked it again...."AHH! I'm late! I gotta go, see you two later! Bye!"

 

Reverse Role - L.Joe's  (It would be you telling the tale but let's let your boyfriend tell)

  L.Joe sighs as he watches his girlfriend rush into the cab. "I even called [Name] earlier....that idiot girl always forgetting." He loved [Name] a lot, to even the point of death but sometimes she can be too much to handle. She's like a child and even her height of 5 ft 3 inches but she's older than him by 3 months but then again shorter by a lot.

"Um...L.Joe-hyung, can you help me out?"

"Oh [Name]'s cousin- what's up Jungmin?"

"Being in a third wheel !"

"Don't I know it."

Jungmin fell silent and then started to yell. "YOU'RE CHEATING ON [NAME]??"

L.Joe glares at the boy and then shakes his head. "Yah! Of course not! It's been years for me to actually start dating [Name], why would I cheat on her? Sheesh Jungmin I meant that I was in a third wheel too."

"Oh" Jungmin glanced over his shoulders to L.Joe who was constantly pressing buttons on his phone and the young boy looked back. "So how did it go? You know, your third wheel problem?"

 The boy's intense determination and curiosity caused L.Joe to back away from his phone and tell the long annoying story to the boy. It was a pain and L.Joe hated to tell anyone anything involving him and his love life even to his band members, he wouldn't tell but somehow one of them knew and decided to help him out. His adventures to conquer her heart took almost two years and a whole lot of courage and sadly, Chunji's help too. 

"Jungmin. I will only tell you once. Alright? So listen up" L.Joe then rubbed his neck. "Seriously why am I telling you this? Damn...", he mumbled.   

 

Where it all began - L.Joe's POV

  I met [Name] when she first debuted in [group/band name], the same year Teen Top had debuted. She was the one to talk to me first, just because she heard that someone knew english in our group. [Name]'s now a solo artist and she's mostly doing activities in Japan as an actress. So it's difficult to spend time with her alone. She's was always popular back then and even now, though I didn't have any problems with it. The only problem was the guys who fall head over heels for her or the guys she fall for.

 [Name]'s friends with a whole bunch of kpop groups and unluckly the guys she fall for are idols. I couldn't blame her, all the guys she sees are idols. She wasn't allowed to go off into the "normal world" without supervision, so [Name] would sneak off at night to explore and roam hoping no one would notice. And that's where we would usually talk and hangout. Our conversations would reach us to the abyss, without an end to our late night conversations. Most our conversations would either be about the past or her love life, which I listened to and tried to help her out despite the fact I too liked her.

 My status back then with her was her best friend. I was in the friendzone. All I was ever noticed as was her best friend who would help her with her problems. [Name] had several guys she liked and most of them liked her back but she could never decide on who though. That was her problem.

 

 Months passed by. [Name] finally found someone and that someone wasn't me. Sure I disappointed but what mattered was [Name]'s happiness, right? She looked happy but she still came to the secret place where we would meet up. What use was to come back to me? To tell me her problems still. She had a boyfriend but she still had problems still locked up in her chest.

 Did you think her relationship with that idol lasted long? Nope. She broke up with him and fell in love with another guy, and that guy still wasn't me again. After that she stopped her crush for that man. This would go on and on and she would still never realize that I liked her. So that night was when I would tell her.

"[Name] what's up? I can't believe you actually came."

"Of course Byunghun, whenever I have free time that is but since it's my best friend, of course I came!"

".....Yeah but back to the chase, [Name] I love you. Ever since that day we met and became friends. I wanted to let you know this in advance but I know you have other guys on your mind, so yeah..."

"Byunghun, I'm so sorry. I don't feel the same way but whenever I'm with you I feel happy. I don't know, so I can't accept your feelings right now."

"It's alright [Name], as long as you know now. Call me up if you have any problems. Later [Name]."

 That was that. She rejected me but I could tell she liked me but she still had those feelings for the other guys. [Name], if only you knew the one, the right one for you and this'll be over.

Back to us

"But hyung your third wheel problem?" 

L.Joe looks at the boy in disbelief. Had the kid not been listening to this story? What a pain. "Jungmin. After my confession to her, we became the same as we were before. Nothing changed yet. She would introduce me to her guy friends and problems. I would be the leftover while she runs off with the guy."

"Oh. I see why you hated telling this. It's because it was hard for you to see the one you love with another guy each time."

"Exactly Jungmin. Hopefully a kid like you wouldn't give up so easily in a thing like this."

"Thanks hyung. Also how did you get her?"

"Not too long ago. Like last year, the day after her birthday she skipped her performance to see me. That's where she finally realized who was always there for her and also the right one. Me."

"Really? But that took like two years! And you should also be more descriptive!"

"Then don't give up! And it's tiring!"

--

"Oh! You two! You're still here?"

Jungmin and L.Joe glanced over their shoulders to see [Name] rushing out of the cab and almost tripping on her way to them.

L.Joe rubs his neck. "That girl..."

[Name] smiles. "Yo! What are you still doing here?"

L.joe stares down at Jungmin and sighs. "I solved this kid's problems. Now I'm out of here. See ya."

"Huh? Well looks like you two had fun."

Jungmin starts to laugh. "I guess. Now go on" He pushes [Name] in L.Joe's direction. "Bye noona!"

[Name] turns around to her cousin. What on earth happened? She thought but she let it slide and ran to her man, only to kick him in the back.

"Payback Byunghun!", [Name] says sticking her tongue out at him with a victory pose.

L.Joe smiles slightly at her behaviour. She never changes he thought. "Seriously [Name]? Whatever, c'mon let's go", he says as he holds out his hand to her.

She takes his hand. "Okay kiddo! Let's go!"

"Yah! You're only older by three months!"

EXTENDED ENDING

"Hmm L.Joe let's play a game on our way home."

"Hah? [Name] is it really necessary?"

"Of course! If I win you get to be my slave for the week!"

"What if I win?"

"Then I'll say I love you every hour to you, L.Joe"

"W-what? No!"

"Well then you say it."

"..........................."

"Ahaha Byunghun can't say it! What happened to your confidence?"

"I LOVE YOU [NAME]!"

"Lee Byunghun, you deserve a special gift then for your sudden confidence. A kiss!"

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8Kn2_ncc7K8yXYTbPY0F