Scene 3

Not So Good Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I look at the faraway mountain this afternoon. No! Not that mountain that attract my attention. Something or maybe someone is there in the mansion is helping to treat people who are sick. There’s a quite serious illness been spread in the city and kingdom is in the big hectic because of it. I just want to see the process of the cure here. As the prince of the country, my father of course not allowing me to come but I don’t have heart to see my own mother being dragged here due to the disease. I just want to see her and I sneak out of the palace with the help of my dear friend, Jinyoung, who managed to bring me from the other side of the road. Now I am here, standing alone at the small hill near the place and I do nothing but mesmerized by someone who is helping the patients.

 

“Prince Junho….”

 

Huh? Someone calls me?

 

“PRINCE JUNHO!!”

 

“Aaakkhhhh….!!!”

 

I feel my body being pushed forward a little hard. Only one person who can do this to the royal crown prince in the place where there is no one around, it must be Jinyoung.

 

I turn around after balancing myself and see him standing with annoyed face. He must be calling me several times already, but I wasn’t myself. I’m too mesmerized by a beauty at the patient ward.

 

“Ah, you Jinyoung and Mina” I greet him and my sister, Princess Mina.

 

“What were you spacing out over, Prince Junho”

 

“What’s the matter, orabonim (oppa)?”

 

“Ah.. I’m just wondering, who is that girl who helps to cure my mother there might be?” I answer without even looking at them, my eyes back to focus on the beauty.

 

Jinyoung walks closer to me and tries to see what I’ve seen, “Oh, she is Jaejin, the daughter of Royal Doctor who serve for your father” he answers and I just no without spare my eyes from her.

 

“You know her?” I ask again.

 

“Well of course. She is famous of her beauty and as a daughter of royal family too, she can be called a princess” he paused,

 

“Men are flocking in from all over the place in the hopes of being cared for by her. They say she’s as pure and kind as an angel”

 

“….”

 

“….”

 

“Did you fall for her?”

 

“WHAT??” his sudden question shocked me and I swear my face is getting red here.

 

“AH! That guy!!” thanks Mina

 

I turn to face my sister who just shouted and pointing to the scene I saw earlier.

 

“He is….”

 

“Yah! He is our step-brother Prince Jung Minwoo!” Mina says for the sake of me, “Orabonim, you really don’t know anything, do you?! That’s why you should go outside sometimes to see everything around. He is one of the most famous womanizers you know! He’ll chat up a girl as long as she is beautiful”

 

“Your rival has appeared! You need to go and talk to her too!!” again, Jinyoung pushes me an force me to go down the hill, meeting the princess.

 

“Hey, hey! No! I’m okay!” I say trying to get free from him.

 

“Orabonim, look!!” Mina makes me watching the very bad scene. Prince Minwoo just kissing her palm.

 

“Look!! Since Prince Minwoo stole a kiss from her hand, you go steal one from her lips!” Jinyoung encourage me. I just don’t know whether this guy understands that I am a royal prince or not. How can he ask me to do such ungrateful thing to a girl I barely know.

 

“HOW!! Are you crazy Hwang Jinyoung?!!” I shouted at him.

 

Little that I know, my shout from this small hill attracts her attention and she is looking at me that time when I am arguing with Jinyoung.

***

 

 

 

Pip..pip.. pip.. pip.. pip…

 

 

I woke up by the sound of my alarm. I look around and realize that I’m in my room.

 

“I had another dream about my past life….” Sigh, “I wonder why I am the only one who remembers my past life. Thanks to that, it’s a mass of confusion now”

 

I get up from my bed and start showering in my bathroom. I feel so lifeless today after waking up with such beautiful dream. I wear my uniform and I see my reflection on the mirror. A total mess.

 

“Ah.. Like I care how I look”

 

I ignore the mirror who’s telling me to cheer up. I just go down the stair to the dining room.

 

 

“Morning….” I say lazily once I arrived at the dining room.

 

“Yunho~ah! You’re late!”

 

Uh?

 

This voice?

 

I look up and there I see her sitting on the chair eating her breakfast and looks at me a bit annoyed but still beautiful as always. Maybe she is bored to wait for me.

 

 

“JAEJIN~AH!!!!! Ugh— ”

 

 

I can’t finish my sentence and I can’t hug her when suddenly my face meets the hard surface of the dining table harshly and makes the glasses and plates dinging.

 

“YAH!! GREAT STATE TO BE IN SO EARLY MORNING!!” someone shouts at me while burying my face to the table. It hurts.

 

I look up when he releases me. Yes, he is Jaejoong, not Jaejin. T_T

 

“Jeez…. How many times are you gonna mistake me for a girl, huh?” he says again now looking away from me with sulking face.

 

What a nightmare Jaejin….

 

“Why are you eating breakfast in my home, anyway? I believe you live next door, remember?” I say annoyed.

 

“Am I a bother?” he is pouting at me with sulking tone.

 

 

‘Oh God! No! Not at all!! After all, so long as I’m with you, my one true love, I wouldn’t care is we were both even exiled from Hanyang, why do I have to mind it if you eat in my home!!’

 

‘Yah!! Shut up you Jung Junho bastard!!! Just comeback to Hanyang already!!’

 

 

“IDIOT!!! I’m such an idiot!! I need to give up on Jaejin! She’s not here anymore, the only things I front of me is a man with Jaejin’s skin!!” I bang my own head to the wall and keep shouting like maniac.

 

“What a weirdo…” I hear him chuckles but I don’t care and keep crying to the wall, “My parents aren’t home today, so your mother invited me over to have breakfast with your family instead”

 

“Just don’t mind him Jaejoong~ah, you’re not a bother at all”

 

That voice….

 

I turn around almost immediately and see my so called father speaking to my wifeJaejoong.

 

“I’m so happy to be able to have breakfast with you” did he just trying to flirt with MY Jaejoong?!

 

I hate that guy!! For your information, that guy that I call father is my rival in the past life. You know Jung Minwoo right?!! Yes! He is reincarnated as my father, Jung Changmin! Damn it!

 

“Eat as much as you want Jaejoong~ah…. Just ignore Yunho” that sweet voice. It’s my mother voice. I love her so much.

 

And again just for you to understand, if you remember Jung Mina, my sister from my past life, she is reincarnated as my mother, ImYoona, or Mrs. Jung Yoona now.

 

“If I could, I’d just switch Yunho with you, Jaejoong~ah. That boy is useless” Yah!! Jung Minwoo!! Don’t tell me you’re after Jaejin too in this present life!!

 

I walk fast to the dining table and lean closer to Jaejoong to whisper in his ear, “Jaejoong~ah, don’t go near that man” I say loud enough for them to hear.

 

“Huh?” he looks confused.

 

My father fakes a cough and drinks his tea, “Don’t talk about me like I’m some ert. The only person in my heart is my wife” I swear I could see my mother’s cheeks blushing beautifully. She could hear my father clearly because she is standing right beside him.

 

“DON’T GO NEAR MY MOM EITHER!!” I shout to him.

 

“Kkyyaaa….!! Yunnie~ah…!! No matter how old you get, you’ll always be mama’s boy, won’t you?!!” my mother squeals happily.

 

“A mother complex, huh?”Jaejoong just rolled his eyes and back focusing on the food.

 

“IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!! Beside, when the heck did you two get close and get married without my blessing, huh?!!” I’m not wrong right? She is my sister and gets married to my rival.

 

“What are you saying to your own parents?!!” he shouts back at me and we are glaring to each other.

 

 

 

“Yunho~ah…!! I came to pick you up..!! Let’s walk to school together..”

 

“JINYOUNG~AH!!!” I run and hug him immediately.

 

“What?”

 

“Ah, yes.. You’re Tiffany” sigh “Tiffany~ah…. Your very presence calms me as always. Our friendship is eternal, isn’t it Jinyoung~ah?”

 

“Jeez…. What are you blabbering about in this early morning?!”

 

Suddenly I feel murderous aura from my back and feels life it’s stabbing me alive.

 

! I forgot! I hug her in front of Jaejoong!

 

I release her almost immediately and see Jaejoong is glaring at me with flame in his eyes.

 

“Oh Jaejoong~ah you’re here too? Then let’s all go together” she says sweetly to him and Jaejoong blushed immediately.

 

“Ah, okay” he stands up quickly from his seat.

 

 

 

After finishing the breakfast, we walk together to the school. My school, Shinhwa High school, and Jaejoong’s school Shinhwa Middle school, located at the same area since it’s still one. So we practically always go to school and comeback from school together.

 

The weather is really good today. I look up to see the clear blue sky and there I could see myself, Jaejin, Jinyoung and Mina playing together in the park full of flower like what we used to do in our past life. Without I even realize, the tears start to flow from my eyes.

 

 

Today too, I stand in the midst of this past and present mess of the world.

 

 

“Yah! Yunho~ah.. Please don’t stare up at the sky and cry. It’s creepy” Tiffany says and I wipe my tears immediately.

 

“Eh, look Yunho~ah!!” she points at something outside the window, “Jaejoong is out on the field playing soccer”

 

“So he is….” *sigh* Of course, to me it just look like Jaejin is running around all full of energy. Damn it, that’s bad.

 

“Aren’t you glad that Jaejoong transferred over here where the middle and high schools are together?”

 

*sigh* Even though I want to forget you, I can’t help but seeing you as Jaejin. It’s happy and sad at the same time.

 

“These hundreds years, I’d really been planning to marry Jaejin again even after being reincarnated!” I say desperately.

 

“Eh? But Jaejoong has the right to choose for himself, you know?”

 

“You can get so mean sometimes, Jinyoung~ah….” I say my head hung low. It’s not like I want to marry a guy, you know….

 

“Oh?! So Jinyoung was mean?!” she asks excitedly.

 

I look up and smile to her, “Jinyoung was always a bright and happy sort of guy, slightly meddlesome and a bit of prankster, even he has to act tough in front of his people since he is the chief of Royal Guardian” I smile to myself, “And Jaejin was surprisingly full of energy with strong heart”

 

I laugh alone when I remember the scene where Jinyoung encourage Jaejin to drink Soju again and again in his parents’ house even though she has been drunk but Jaejin herself refuses to stop. And when Jinyoung sneakily steals the food that Jaejin made for me.

 

“When the three of us got together in our secret place where no one around, we’d talk about the silliest things” I finished my story and turn to see Tiffany.

 

I frowned because she doesn’t look back at me like always when she is listening to my story. She is writing something on her note book.

 

“Huh? What are you taking notes for” I ask when she seems still focused on the note rather than me.

 

“Eh?” she stop abruptly like she has been caught stealing and hid the notes behind her back, “Oh, it’s nothing! Not important at all!” she says nervously and I just giving her suspicious stare, “Just carry on with the story Yunho~ah..carry on carry on”

 

“Hhhhmmm…. I see I see…” I nod and do not want to continue, “Well, the dream I had today was……….”

 

 

 

~After school~

 

I walk like a living zombie out of class alone. Tired like hell.

 

“Tiffany said she had her club activities today, didn’t she?” I sigh heavily wearing my shoes, “So I’m going home alone today….”

 

I finished wearing my shoes and when I look up, I see her. My love of life, Princess Jaejin, she is running to the building next to where I standing now. Her long hair dancing with the wind, her pink hanbok suit her skin. I waste no time and run after her. I grab her hand and make her face me.

 

“Jae- Jaejin~ah!!”

 

I turn her around and what shocked me was, “Who are you?!” she is not Jaejin. She is someone else wearing her dress.

 

“May I help you?” she asks.

 

“Eh? Oh no, it’s just that outfit….”

 

“Oh this….” She is checking herself, “It’s a costume for the Drama Club. I have to go to return it. You wanna come see it?”

 

“Ah, yes please..”The drama club?? Don’t tell me Tiffany….

 

 

 

“Prince Junho…. Prince Junho….”

 

“Aaakkhhhh….!!!”

 

“Ah, you Jinyoung and Mina” I greet him and my sister, Princess Mina.

 

“What were you spacing out over, Prince Junho”

 

 

What the ??!!!!

 

 

I’m standing near the front door of the hall and see the very very familiar scene and dialogue happen right in front of my eyes.

 

 

“Did you fall for her?”

 

“AH! That guy!!”

 

“He is….”

 

“Yah! He is our step-brother Prince Jung Minwoo! He is one of the most famous womanizers you know! He’ll chat up a girl as long as she is beautiful”

 

“Your rival has appeared! You need to go and talk to her too!!”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter