Scene 1

Not So Good Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hundreds years ago, at the city called Hanyang which is lovable and beautiful city, has to break down due to a very great war between the country and the neighborhood country. The city, no, the whole island is in the big hectic and panic, even the royal family has nothing to choose but to go against the enemy.

 

Amidst the fire, swords, and the darkness…. Among the escaping villagers, there was a couple with a very strong bond.

 

“My Prince Junho…. Are you really going out to the battlefield even in such condition?” says someone ever so sweetly to her beloved husband while hugging him tightly.

 

“I’m sorry my princess…. But I am the prince of this country, Jaejin. I have to go against the enemy and sacrifice myself for this. Now, you and the other royal family, please run escape from this country to the port. There is save place out of Hanyang, out of the island” the husband releases his embrace to his wife who is looked still so beautiful.

 

“No! I want to wait for you here!” she says shaking her head while closing her eyes.

 

“But, Jaejin…. I may or may not return. You know, I could be killed in the war!” he still trying to persuade his beloved wife.

 

Jaejin walks slowly aproaching her husband who got further and stop right in front of him, holding his arms and staring at his husband’s beautiful eyes.

 

“And so be it, if you do not return, I don’t want to live in this world even a second longer. I will never be able to live on without you” she says while smiling sweetly, encouraging her husband that everything will be alright.

 

“Jaejin~ah….” The prince lost in words, lost in those beautiful doe eyes of his wife.

 

“If you want me to live, then please comeback alive…. My prince…. My husband….” She smiles again ever so sweetly, “I live to live together with Jung Junho, that was the reason I was born to this world”

 

“Jung Jaejin…. My princess…. My wife….” He hugs the woman tightly in his embrace never want to let her go, “I’ll definitely comeback for you” he says to her, but he himself not sure about his words.

 

“Junho~ah….” She hugs back and lets the tears run down her smooth cheeks.

 

After that, Hanyang and the palace was completely in mess. The prince was killed in the war and the two never saw each other again. Upon hearing the death of her beloved husband, the princess break down and no one ever saw her ever again even after the war ended.

***

 

 

 

“Hhhmmmm….. is that so?” a girl with short hair says lazily with her eyes staring to the boy sits in front of her who just finished his story for God-knows how many times already.

 

“What melodrama or cheap soap opera you got the scene from?” she asks casually, not interesting and boring like hell.

 

 

 

SLAM!!!

 

 

 

“IT IS NOT A MOVIE!! IT IS MY PAST LIFE!!!”

 

The boy is getting annoyed and slam his fist to the table while shouting like a maniac to his female friend.

 

“Yeah…. Yes Yunho, I know” she says lazily while munching her pepero stick.

 

 

I heard it so many times already and now my ears are getting longer.

 

 

“So, your past live is in anchient Korea, right?”

 

“Right!”

 

“You were a prince living in Hanyang, right?”

 

“Right!”

 

“You died because you were murdered in the war, right?”

 

“Right!”

 

The girl sigh heavily and sits comfortably facing the boy, “You better not telling this story to anyone, Yunho~ah” or I’m pretty sure they’ll think you are crazy.

 

“Why can’t you remember it Tiffany!!!!!” he shouts again to the poor girl. Really annoyed and angry.

 

“I can’t even remember what happened last year, so how can I remember something from my previous live Yunho!!! The in’ hundreds years ago?!!!” she shouts back to the boy.

 

 

 

*Yunho POV*

 

God….

 

Why can’t anyone remember their past lives??? Why am I the only one who can? Yet, so many people from my past life surround me.

 

For example, this girl here is my classmate and my best friend, Hwang Miyoung or Stephany or Tiffany, she was my male best friend in my past life. How do I know this? I felt it! I felt it from the spirits. Even his face not change that much. Tiffany or was called Hwang Jinyoung and me were a very skilled sword partner and often drank together. Moreover, my father was my rival in the past life and my mother was my past life little sister.

 

I’m very confused of this life. Very confused.

 

 

“Yah…. Look! That is Yunho sunbae. He is really cool, isn’t he?” I heard girls giggling from the window of my class, they must be my fans. But I chose to ignore them.

 

“Yeah…. He is cool….” Another giggling, but I don’t care. This girl in front of me is enough to make me annoyed already.

 

“But…. He seems to be already dating someone”

 

 

WHAT??!!!!

 

 

No! No! these girls are making gossip here!

 

 

“IDIOT!!!”

 

I shout, slamming the table and turn to face the two girls standing at the window.

 

“I’M NOT INTO GUYS!!!!” I shout while pointing directly to Tiffany. She is a guy, right? Her spirit is Hwang Jinyoung.

 

“WHO THE HELL YOU ARE CALLING A GUY??!!!!!!” I feel hurt on my head. Tiffany hit me with her school bag. I wonder if she put a big rock in it, so hurt.

 

 

 

Aaahhh….

 

Beautiful Hanyang, I can’t ever forget it…..

 

Anyway, the only reason I’m alive here is so I could meet that person. My beloved princess, my beloved wife, Kim Jaejin. She will definitely reincarnate here, waiting for us to fall in love again. That is our fate….

***

 

 

 

“Annyeong haseyo…. Sorry to interrupt you….” A voice from the front door shocked me and my mother stands up from dining table to see the guest.

 

“We are the new neighboor who just moved to next door. We are Kim Family” Oh, a new neighbor.

 

I stand up too from my table walking lizily to see the guest.

 

“Ah, annyeong haseyo….” I see my mother stand up and greet a woman.

 

“This, we have a little gift for you…” she hands my mother a bag.

 

“Thank you very much, come in. I’ll introduce you with my son” my mother walk to the side and that time, my world seems to stop in front of my eyes.

 

 

Dheg

 

 

She is here….

 

 

“Oh, you have a son? Jaejoong~ah, don’t be so rude, please introduce yourself”

 

“Annyeong haseyo…. I’m Kim Jaejoong”

 

 

This is fate!!! She is here!!! This is our fate!!!

 

 

Jaejin~ah…. She is Jaejin my wife!! She is really Jaejin! All hail fate!! She just moved next door to me! Then, this means the God have fated us to be together! Why? Because our souls have become soulmate!

 

Yes! That’s it!!

 

 

“JAEJIN~AH!!!!”

 

 

I run to her and throw away the cup I’ve been holding this whole morning.

 

“I miss you Jaejin~ah….!!”

 

I hug her immediately when she is still standing confused in front of me.

 

“I have’t seen you in so long and you are still so cute as ever! But, maybe just a bit too thin” I keep mumbling and cannot stop pouring my heart to the one I love the most in this world. Finally I can see her, I will never let her go.

 

“You— ”

 

She wants to speak but stopped immediately because I tighten my hug on her, “But Jaejin~ah…. Come to think about it, your name is Jaejoong, sounds like a boy’s name. But oh well, name isn’t import— ”

 

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING???!!!!!!”

 

 

Eh?

 

 

I feel sharp pain in my cheek and my body feels like being thrown away to the hard ground. My hug on Jaejin released forcefully and the next think I know I’m on the floor with the corner of my lips bleeding. Someone just punch me on the face, huh? Jaejin just punch me on my face.

 

 

Eh…?

 

Jaejin~ah….

 

You are really strong….

 

 

“YAH!!! I’m indeed a boy!!! What do you think you’re doing you crazy??!!!!”

 

 

Eh?

 

What was that?

 

I can’t hear it clearly

 

 

I’m still lying on the floor with my tears flooding my painful face.

 

 

NO!

 

NO!

 

NO WAY!!

 

Not in thousand ways the love of my life I’ve been waiting for this whole time…. Reincarnated as a…. GUY?!

 

Jaejin~ah….

 

You are the most beautiful woman I’ve always dreaming. You are the ideal type of a girl I’ve always adored….

 

Something must have gone terribly wrong….

***

 

 

“Yunho~ah….” My father who sit across my chair giggles, I know what he wants to talk now, “I heard that you suddenly hugged the boy next door” now he is laughing mocking me, “You shouldn’t do that!” and he keeps laughing his off.

 

“You’re laughing, old man!” I got enough with this person!

 

“Because it is very funny!” he laughs again and I’m sure my face as red as tomato right now.

 

“He is so cute and you couldn’t resist the urge to hug him, right?” oh not you too Mom!

 

 

Ok! I’m so pissed right now!

 

 

“SHUT UP!! Stop butting into my business!!! You guys didn’t even get my blessing before getting married!!!”

 

I stand up, annoyed as hell and walk fast to the front door and slam the door. I need fresh air.

 

 

 

“Why do we have to get his blessing anyway….?” Yunho’s father looking at his son walks outside confused.

 

 

 

No one….

 

No one understands my feeling….

 

 

As I step my feet outside, she is there…. Standing so beautifully while caressing her long black jet hair calmly. She is looking at me with her beautiful big doe eyes that hypnotize me.

 

My world stops and my face is getting hot. I must be blushing like hell now.

 

 

Yah! Yah! Jung Yunho!! What are you thinking!!!!

 

 

I turn around immediately and hide my face in my palm.

 

 

‘He is indeed my Jaejin!’ I scream in my head.

 

 

“Ah… I remember. You are the ert from yesterday.”

 

 

What??!!!!

 

Did he just call me a — ”

 

 

“Wait. You are Jaejoong, right?” I try to sound intimidate to tell this boy who is the boss.

 

“Even though I did do something stupid yesterday, that is not how you should treat your elders!”

 

“You’re a ert so don’t even try to come closer to me!” he says with his straight face.

 

 

p- p- p- ert?!!!

 

 

“And who is Jaejin anyway? A manga character? You indeed a really dangerous guy”

 

 

What did you say you damn bastard?!!

 

 

“Jae- Jae- Jaejin is my previous lover….” I say while holding back my anger. This boy is really getting to my nerve!

 

“Oh, so she dumped you? Not so shocking news, you are actually a gay but had a girlfriend once. No wonder she is dumping you”

 

 

I can’t stand him anymore!!!

 

What?!! This bastard got me so pissed! He made me forgot my love for Jaejin just like that! Even if his soul is Jaejin’s, they are two different people entirely! Not only because he is a guy, but his attitude already pissed me off!

 

 

“Yunho~ah….” I turn around to see the one calling me. Yeah you are my saviour!

 

“Hey! Hey! I’ve come to play!!”

 

 

“JINYOUNG~AH!!!!!” I run and hug him immediately.

 

 

“Who are you calling?”

 

Oh yeah that voice, she is Tiffani, not Jinyoung. T_T

 

“You texted me yesterday and said that ‘Jaejin’ had appeared…. I want to see what kind of girl is she?” Tiffany releases our embrace and try to look for my Jaejin.

 

“That” I point to the small guy standing near my garden fence.

 

“Eh? Isn’t he a guy?” She says whispering, but I now she is shocked like hell, “Yunho~ah, didn’t you say that if you ever cross paths with Jaejin again, you’ll definitely marry her? Didn’t you?”

 

 

“SHUT UP!!”

 

I shout to her and calm my heart again, “*sigh* that kid is definitely not Jaejin. He has a really rotten attitude!” I grip my fist tightly holding my anger.

 

“Hhhmm…. But he is really pretty” Tiffany says from behin my back, still trying to check him out.

 

 

Before I could protest, Tiffany had walked to Jaejoong and bend down a bit to same their height.

 

“Hey! You are junior high schooler, right?” she says happily to him.

 

“Yeah I am. What? You want to say I am short?” that boy is definitely rude.

 

“It is alright even if you are short, guys will grow taller by the time being” she still try to act friendly to him, “If you grow up taler, I bet you’ll be really cool!”

 

“C- cool?”

 

“Yup!! It must be cool!”

 

I’m staring at Jaejoong who is blushing madly. I know he must be really happy someone is so kind to him even saying that he is cool. He is just a kid anyway. But that expression. Jaejin’s expression when she is shy. I can never forget that.

 

“I have to go now guys. See you Yunho! Jaejoong!” she says while waving her hand cheerfully and riding her bike.

 

 

 

“So, she is your girlfriend ‘Jaejin’?” his sudden question made me startled.

 

“No” my wife is you, idiot!

 

“But I see you are different when you shy. Look! You even blushing!” I try to and he is blushing again. Oh, I love this!

 

“I… I’m not shy!” he looks away from me, so cute!

 

“But…. I’m just….” He stopped and I look at him.

 

“Just what?”

 

He looks hesitan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter