Scene 4

Not So Good Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“TIFFANY!!!!!!”

 

A handsome man is barging into the still quite classroom with few students in it, slamming the door open and panting hard, seems like he’s been running out of his sense. His eyes scanning through the class looking for certain girl and ready to scold her in any minute.

 

“Hey Prince Jung Junho!! You’re so handsome!!”

 

The girl he is looking for is sitting on her chair while smiling her charming eye smile to him. She looks really happy and seems to ignore Yunho’s furious face.

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!!”

 

The man walks fast to the girl and pulling the costume he is wearing furiously. Smoke can be seen out from his ears as he is really pissed off.

 

 

Wait?!

 

 

Costume?!!

 

 

Yup!

 

Jung Yunho comes all the way barging into his class wearing Korean Prince traditional costume. The silky blue and gold shining material contrasted beautifully with his tanned complexion. He looks good, no! Scratch that, he looks AWESOME!! Some of the students even hanging their mouth open admiring Yunho’s appearance.

 

“It’s totally suits you Yunho! That’s the real thing for you!” The girl clapping her palms happily and scanning Yunho from head to toe. Nodding her head in satisfied smile.

 

“What the hell it is all about, Tiffany?! When I go to drama club to see you and Jaejoong, all of sudden I was dressed up like this! And they even saying something like ‘We are counting on you for Prince Junho’, just tell me already what the heck it is all about?!!” he shouts angrily.

 

The girl just sighs lightly and smile again, “Yup we are!”

 

“Huh? What?”

 

“Listen to me!” Tiffany grabs Yunho’s shoulder and makes him focus on her, “The kid wh was originally going to play Prince Junho is also in the soccer club, it seems he has an event conflict on the day of the play” she nods to herself.

 

“So how did I get stuck with this?!!” Yunho, again, pulling his silky costume.

 

“When I told the other member that you were the model for Prince Jung Junho, everyone gave their consent” she says scratching her not itchy head.

 

“Yah Tiffany~ah!!Did you do it on purpose?!” he asks suspiciously.

 

“Whatever you want to believe I don’t care. You’re going to be Prince Jung Junho no matter what happen” she says lazily.

 

“Is the idea of acting as my husband that offensive?”

 

They stop their argument and snap their eyes to the source of the familiar voice. There standing a very beautiful ‘girl’ with long black jet hair, doe eyes and the blue hanbok that make her skin is glowing under the sunlight.

 

Everyone gasp on the beauty, no, pure beauty displayed on their face. Yunho widen his eyes as big as it can go and he feels his heart beats uncontrollably.

 

 

Jae…. Jaejin~ah…..

 

 

No please…. He is Jaejoong!!

 

 

“Yah! Kim Jaejoong! What are you doing here?!!” he shouts right in front of the middle scholar face, “You’re still a middle scholar, remember?!!”

 

“So what if I’m here? More importantly, are you going to take the part, Yunho? Since Tiffany noona asked you” he says with innocent stare.

 

Yunho gulps his saliva hard. Jaejoong’s appearance now is not helping him at all. He is Jaejin. No matter how much the difference they had now, he is still his beloved wife Princess Jaejin.

 

“Yah! You rude little brat!! I’m older than you, call me hyung!!” he says but suddenly look away as he is looking closely at Jaejoong’s annoying face, “Well, it’s not like I’m a member of that stupid club anyway…. I don’t want to do this!”

 

“….”

 

“….”

 

“Oh Prince Junho..!! How can you say such a thing when you knew that I couldn’t live a moment longer with anyone but you….”

 

All of sudden Jaejoong just throws himself to Yunho and buries his face on Yunho’s chest while saying how much he love him and can’t live without him. He is pulling him into hug where Yunho just shocked out of his life and has his hands both up in the air, defeated.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! With anyone but me?!!! Oh, Princess Jaejin!! Out of all places why do you have to hug me here?? Everyone can see!!”

 

He’s in deep panic and saying random things. Yunho lost his mind once again and thinking that the one hugging him now is his wife, not Jaejoong. They indeed the same person anyway.

 

Jaejoong smirks and releases himself from Yunho before grabbing Yunho’s belt up to his neck and dragging him out from the class. He is once again won against Jung Yunho. With this trick.

 

“Okay Tiffany noona!! We’ll be practicing!!” Jaejoong says without looking back and keep dragging the weak Yunho by his neck.

 

 

“Tsk..Jaejoongie has really learned how to manipulate Yunho, hasn’t he?” Tiffany chuckles, “Something that surely will get Yunho on his knees” she nods and crossing her arms above her chest while witnessing the poor Yunho is being dragged easily to the drama club.

 

 

“What the heck was that all about, Tiffany?”

 

“Yunho was in a great sort of panic just now”

 

“That girl is cute”

 

 

Tiffany turns around and meets the curious faces of her classmates that want to know the truth after the very very good show just now.

 

“Eheemm..!!” she clears , “We are from drama club and we’re putting on a play! Jung Yunho will be playing the lead role!” she’s promoting her event to the entire class professionally.

 

“What?! That Jung Yunho is doing a play?! I’ll definitely go check that out, Tiffany!”

 

“Good!!” smiles to her friends and pulls out something from her bag, a poster?

 

She walks to the announcement board in front of her class. Her friends are following her and see what she’ll put on the board.

 

“It’s kinda like this~~” she looks at her masterpiece of work and smiles to herself. Satisfied.

 

 

 

 

“The setting is in Hanyang, ancient name of Seoul, hundreds years ago!”

 

“Isn’t it too much, Tiffany? And who’s those person on your drawing? Seems more into chinese than Korean?” she looks at her friend who stood beside her annoyed much.

 

The students start to gather to see the new poster on the board and began asking the same question. Tiffany clears and stands in front of everyone.

 

“The hero of our tale is a youth named Prince Jung Junho, who is born as the Royal Crown Prince of Korea. He falls in love with Royal Doctor’s daughter named Princess Kim Jaejin, and all the while interacting with his best friend, The Chief of Palace Guardian named Hwang Jinyoung and also his rival, his step brother Prince Jung Minwoo. It is thetale of one youth’s earnest life cut tragically short by the great war of Hanyang that brings the end of his life and the one he loved”

 

Tiffany finishes his promotion explanation to her curious friends. She sees them start mumbling about their curiosity. Much of them want to know how the star of basketball team Jung Yunho end up playing drama, and not little of them want to know who is the one who will be the princess since the rumor said the ‘girl’ is really pretty.

 

“I’ll definitely come”

 

“I really want to see Yunho messed up! LOL”

 

“I can’t even imagine that Yunho could actually play drama”

 

“That’s Yunho for you guys”

 

“The story sounds interesting”

 

“That girl is cute~~~”

 

Tiffany just grins widely to her friends’ various expression and comments. She excuses herself to the drama club to monitor the practice. She is the director anyway….

***

 

 

 

*Yunho POV*

 

Sigh….

 

I don’t know for how many times already I sigh. Tired, confused, and boring. The class has ended since 30 minutes ago and here I am still confusing with the whole situation. Tiffany was there with me but she is just silent and not going to say anything if I don’t ask her first.

 

“That’s all fine and dandy, but….” Sigh, “Why is it that every single time, I’m the one who is troubled over my past life?”

 

Tiffany finally stands up from her seat and moves to sit on the chair beside me, “Aren’t you happy that the real Prince and Princess get to act together?”

 

“….”

 

“Isn’t that the problem?”

 

“Right now I’ve got hold on my sense, but when the Jaejin I’ve only dreamed of is in front of me, moving and smiling, of course my heart will go into overdrive and I’ll be like ‘So what if he’s a guy?’ and I’m just so…. So worried that I’ll lose my mind?” I say desperately face palming.

 

“Aigooo~~ I think so….” She commented but seems like she doesn’t mean her words, “Ah, by the way Yunho, you know the last scene before the war, right?”

 

“Yeah….” ah yeah I just remember, “Are you really going through with that scene?” I think that scene will be the hardest thing I have to do.

 

“Of course we are!! That’s the money shot after all! And as a service to you, I’ll even throw in a love scene~~” she says excitedly. Her eyes sparkling and I’m just simply hanging my mouth wide.

 

“DON’T TOY WITH ME HWANG JINYOUNG!!!!” I shout right in front of her face but seems she doesn’t care.

 

“Ahahahhahaa…. Awww~~ Come one~~ I’ve been working so hard!”

 

“LIKE HELL I’LL DO IT!!!”

 

 

 

~Meanwhile~

 

Jaejoong is standing right in front of Yunho’s class and hid himself behind the wall. He hears everything. He doesn’t what to say and don’t have any idea either what he should feel. He feels shy but disappointed at the same time.

 

“Wae….?”

 

He sighs and walks away leaving the two of them and heading to the practice room of drama club.

 

 

Not long after he’s there, Tiffany comes and spotted him sits alone on the stage. There’s no one around at this hour already. Tiffany just come to fix something.

 

“Jaejoong? What are—”

 

“Why’d you say something like that?” he cuts her off.

 

“Huh?”

 

“About throwing in the love scene” he says lazily, not even looking at Tiffany.

 

Tiffany is startled but she manages to smile and walks closer to him, “Ahahahahah…. So Jaejoong doesn’t want to do one either?”

 

“Of course I don’t! But that’s not the point” he looks away from her, “You like him, don’t you, noona? You love Yunhohyung. So why do you act like you don’t have any feelings at all to him?”

 

Tiffany smiles and reaches her hands to grab Jaejoong by the shoulder to face her, “You’re asking why….?” She smiles and releases him when his attention fully on her, “Just because I’m a coward” she walks away to the door, leaving Jaejoong dumbfounded.

 

“But more than anything….” She stopped and turns to see Jaejoong, “I just want to stay by Yunho’s side, as his friend….” And she really is going after saying that.

 

Jaejoong sighs and looks don’t to the floor he’s sitting on.

 

 

Mianhaenoona….. I love you, I do…. But I really don’t have gut to ask you to be my girlfriend because you rejected even before I say I love you. Do I have to do this? Hurting your heart? But if it makes you happy…. I’ll do it….

***

 

 

And so two weeks passed just like that. In one more day, we could perform in front of the entire school. I don’t know what will happen tomorrow…. Just do it and everything will be alright.

 

“Cut!!”

 

I heard the director a.k.a Hwang Miyoung or Tiffany is clapping from her sitting place, I think she is about to scold me again because I messed up for the last scene.

 

“What’s the matter, Yunho? Every time you get to the before war scene, you go all stiff” she scolds me and I just sigh. I look at Jaejoong right in his eyes he looked confused too.

 

“….”

 

I don’t say anything and just keep silent and would glancing at Jaejoong who is wearing his costume once in a while.

 

“Is something bothering you, Yunho?” she asks me gently, “Do you want me to change the script a bit?”

 

“Oh no, sorry. I’m fine, really” I look away from her.

 

“So, if you’re so fine then why you can’t look me in the eyes at the last scene?” Jaejoong blurted out.

 

 

KNOCK OUT!!

 

 

What should I say to Jaejoong then?

 

 

“At any rate I really am fine, I’ll get it right tomorrow” I say and dismissing myself from the practice place heading to the backstage.

 

“Okay….”

 

 

We finished the rehearsal for today and the other crew seems excited and can’t wait to perform for tomorrow. I put my uniform back and not bothering when people walk around me and greet me. I just so in deep thought about that last scene.

 

 

How can I do that scene….?

 

 

“Yunho, I’m off!” I see Jaejo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter