Chapter 13

They Don't Know About Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Chapter 13; 1,300+ w; 4/12/2013]

 

-

 

“Sunggyu!” I heard Riseul called me.

“Sshh!” the librarian hushed.

I turned around and saw her panting. Did she run all the way here? “What’s the matter?” I asked with a whisper.

“I just want to tell you that you can choose any song you want to sing on your performance next week. I need it tomorrow, so that the band can practice it okay? We’ll be practicing the day after tomorrow, got it?” she explained and wiped a sweat off her face.

“Sure, any song would do right?” I asked again.

“Yes, but... Could you choose a lively song? You know, we’re not into solemn songs. We wouldn’t want the audience dozing off during our performance right?” she chuckled.

“Alright.” I said and smiled.

“I’ll be going then, see you!” she chirped then hurriedly left the library.

 

-

 

The next day…

“Good morning Gyu!” Myungsoo greeted me as he slammed his bag on his chair.

“Morning…” I greeted back. I’m not really in the mood right now. I didn’t get enough sleep, who thought that looking for a song can be hard?

“What happened to you?” Myungsoo asked worriedly, he even checked my temperature.

“Nah… I just stayed up late last night looking for a song.” I explained.

“Oh! What did you chose? I’m going to be the guitarist for that performance!” he excitedly said.

What? I didn’t know about that.

“I didn’t know that you belong to the band, Myung.” I said.

He frowned. “How could you not know? There’s this thing called ‘asking’ you know? So, what song did you chose?”

“I’m Sorry by CN Blue, you know that?” I asked. I always hear that song on the radio that’s why I chose it.

“Yeah! I always sing that song while taking a bath! Nice choice Gyu!” he loudly said.

“Isn’t it too early to shout?” a voice interrupted.

Woohyun.

“Good morning too.” I sarcastically said. I know exactly why he’s grumpy.

“What’s up with you? Sunggyu was like that earlier too.” Myungsoo commented.

“Well, this guy,” Woohyun pointed at me. “He’s the main reason why I didn’t get enough sleep last night!”

“Who told you to wait for me? I already informed you that I’m going to stay up late. It’s not my fault.” I reasoned. Myungsoo was just looking at the two of us.

“Still–” Woohyun stopped when he saw me pouting.

“Gyu… I’m sorry. It’s not your fault, it’s mine. I just want to hear your voice all night that’s why I insisted on waiting you to finish what you’re doing.” He said and even tried to hug me but he didn’t because I know that he know that we still can’t do things like that. Not here, and also because we’re still not in a relationship. We still have limitations. Limitations that I badly want to disappear.

“Sorry.” He whispered. Even with that single word, I understand what he wants to say. I know what he’s apologizing for. He’s apologizing for everything, I think. For not being able to show everyone how much he loves me, and for not being able to ask for Sungyeol’s permission to break the promise. We both know how much we wanted to ask Sungyeol if it’s okay.

I know that Sungyeol wouldn’t mind if I suddenly tell him that Woohyun’s my boyfriend, I’m perfectly sure he wouldn’t get mad. But I still can’t tell Woohyun about it. Why? I’m scared. I’m ing afraid of what’s in store for the two of us. I’m already fine with this more-than-friends-but-less-than-lovers situation that we have. I do love Woohyun. It’s just that I am scared.

 

-

 

After telling Ris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter