9

Camping

Yonghwa placed the plates on the table and sat down across from you. You smiled widely as thanks and dug in. He chuckled at your gluttony.
"What? That drop almost killed me, it was a close to death experience. It taught me to appreciate food more," you said defensively with half a hamburger in your mouth.
"I think it went well, you could've embarrased me a lot more," Yonghwa teased.
"Shut up." You glared at him. "If you ever tell anyone about ths little.. incident, I'll have to kill you." Yonghwa just laughed at you. Who could he tell anyway?

"By the way, I'm surprised your jailers haven't called you yet," you said and swallowed the last of your french fries.
"Who?" Yonghwa lifted an eyebrow.
"Your parents." You said it like it was obvious, well, for you it was... You glanced at the watch behind Yonghwa. "It's past three aready."
"Actually... I kind of told them I was going away today." Yonghwa looked everywhere but at you.
"What!?" You almost choked on one of Yonghwa's fries. "You didn't say what we were going to do, right?" You felt panic fill your body and mind. Now his parents would never approve of you! Wait, what were you thinking!?
"Of course not!" Yonghwa looked at you and you sighed in relief. Then he averted his gaze again. "Your parents haven't called either?"
"No, I left my phone at the camping," you said proudly. "Why?"
"Well... I kind of told my parents to talk to your parents..." He peeked at you. "Don't be mad..."

Your face was completely blank. How were you supposed to react to this? Your usual reaction would be to yell and storm off, but how the hell could you (or anyone) possibly be mad at Yonghwa when he looked at you with those puppy eyes? You sighed in resignation. When did you become so soft hearted? You looked back at Yonghwa and smiled.
"I guess they'll feel better that way," you said. Yonghwa half-smirked. "Stop that stupid smiling, will you? I still haven't forgiven you for making me ride that thing." You stood up, swung your backpack upon your back and walked out of the restaurant with Yonghwa close behind you.

You spotted the one you had wanted to ride before, before Yonghwa tried to kill you. You took a few steps towards it, but then you felt Yonghwa grab your hand and you froze in the middle of a movement. You looked down at your interconnected hands and the moved your eyes to Yonghwa's.
"Maybe we should start with something slower right after eating?" he suggested calmly. You just nodded and followed him to the other side of the park.

The two of you stopped in front of the 'Love Tunnel'.
"Shall we?" Yonghwa asked. You nodded hesitantly. Was this really happening? He wasn't planning anything, was he? If he tried anything you would... wait a minute! Was that... hope?

You pushed all thoughts of that kind away as you sat down in front of Yonghwa in the hollow log.
"Keep your arms and legs inside the boat and enjoy your ride." The guy responsible for the ride gave you thumbs up and winked. You blushed and looked down as the log floated into the dark tunnel.

In the beginning it felt really awkward, but gradually you relaxed. You pointed at the silly wooden figures along the ride and the both of you laughed at their stupid cuteness. What did they have to do with love anyway?

Yonghwa leaned forward to point something out for you and his lips brushed your hair as he talked. You giggled as his breath tickled your ear. You felt him smile into your hair before he pulled back, leaving you all warm and funny inside.

Yonghwa reached out a hand to help you out of the log, but you ignored it. You weren't one of those girls that couldn't do anything by themsekves. You took a few steps.
"Where's your backpack?" Yonghwa asked. You froze.
"Damn it!" You spun around. It was still lying at the bottom of the log that was floating onwards in that very moment. You made a move to run and get it but Yonghwa held out his arm.
"I'll get it."

Yonghwa smoothly hurried past an inattentive guard towards the log. The way was blocked by a fence.
"Just leave it. I'm sure the guards will pick it up when it reaches the line," you shouted, Yonghwa ignored you. He took one step into the water and waded to your log. Was he nuts!? He could get seriously hurt if the next boat caught up with him. The water slowed him down and you watched as the next log got closer, and closer.
"Yonghwa!" you yelled. He looked up and saw the approaching log. He hurried his steps and reached his goal. He gripped the rail and jumped. He landed inside just a the folowg boa bumped into the one where Yonghwa now were positioned. You let out a breath you hadn't realized you were holding. Yonghwa held your backpack up in the air with a triumphant face. That was close, way too close. You were sooo going to kill him...

Yonghwa was escorted to you by two angry guards. His proud smile faded when he saw your fuming figure.
"What?"
"Are you stupid!?" you screamed and snatched the backpack out of his hands. "There is actually a serious reason why you're supposed to keep all your body parts inside the boat!"
"Nothing happened," Yonghwa defended himself.
"No, but it could!"
"Were you... worried?" Yonghwa's smile slowly returned to his face.
"N-no! I just don't feel like being held responsible if something happened to you. What hapened to 'Yonghwa the Responsible'?"
"You were worried about me," Yonghwa smirked. You stomped your foot in frustration, then you swung your backpack over your shoulder.
"Let'sjust go home," you sighed.
"You call the camping 'home'?" Yonghw teased. What the...
"GAH! Our Preliminary Home. Is it okay if I call it that? God!" You helplessly threw your hands in the air before letting them drop to your sides. Couldn't he be just the slightest bit serious at this time. Something terrible could've happened. You sighed, turned around and walked towards the exit.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Actually , I don't like this chapter at all but this was all I had  "/ I think I'll be updating again soon though , and hopefully it'll be better ... ^^