4

Camping

After lunch your parents decided to drive to a nearby town for some shopping and perhaps some cultural activities. Boring...

You sat in the back seat of the car and looked out the window. This trip would only end up in a fight. You actually caught yourself wishing that you were to stay at the camping with Yonghwa. That lunatic.    -.-

Your father parked the car on an empty street and the four of you got out. Your family split up in in pairs. You went with your sister, but you soon got tired of the look-alike-stores with the same moony fashion.
"I'll sit by the river," you told your sister and then strolled away on your own.

You sat down on a rock and looked at the water that gushed in the river. You grabbed a handful of gravel and threw it in the river.

You heard steps behind you and turned your head. First your eyes grew wide in surprise, but then you felt annoyed. Was this a joke?

Yonghwa waved a little.
"Are you kidding me? What are you doing here?" you asked, your voice ice cold.
"My parents thought I'd enjoy some shopping... Would you like to go and get some ice cream or something?" Yonghwa smiled tentatively. You stared at him, stunned.

"Ice cream? Nuh, I don't think so." You turned away from him and threw another bunch of gravel into the river.
"Hey, I'm really trying here." Yonghwa stood in fornt of you. You looked up at him.
"I can see that," you said annoyed. "I just don't know what you're after..."
"Well, first of all I'm trying to get some foregiveness. And second..." Yonghwa looked at you. "Iäm only trying to be nice." You looked down and got surprised when you started to feel guilty. That didn't happen very often. You peeked at Yonghwa.
"You still want to have that ice cream?"

Yonghwa paid for the ice cream and the two of you walked along the river. It was a warm and sunny day and there where a lot of people outside. Two mothers with one baby carriage each was walking in the opposite direction. When they'd walked passed you, you heard one of them whisper to her friend: "Aww, didn't they look cute together? I hope my little baby here finds a perfect match too..."
You spun around angrily and looked after the two women.
"We are not a couple," you hissed for yourself.

Yonghwa sighed.
"There's no need to be so upset about that, is there," he said. You looked at him angrily and he chuckled, which made you even more annoyed.
"What!?"
"Nothing. Just eat your ice cream or it'll end up on the ground," Yonghwa said and ate the last of his own.

You sat down at the rock you'd been sitting on earlier and Yonghwa sat down at the one beside you. You swallowed the last of your melting ice cream.
"Argh." You put one hand to your forehead. Brain freeze.
"Ate it too fast?" Yonghwa asked and tried to hide a smile. You nodded and glanced at him, still with your hand covering half your face. You sighed watching him hold in a laugh.
"Just do it," you said and Yonghwa let out a quiet laugh. Was it really that funny? You were in pain.  -.-  But hearing him laugh like that made your lips turn up in an automatic smile. Yonghwa shot you a glance and flashed you a smile.
"Having a good time?" he teased. Actually, you were. 

"Could've been worse," you told him. He just smiled and you punched him friendly on his upper arm.

A phone started ringing and Yonghwa quickly pulled his from his pocket and answered.
"Mother?" Was that how he answered the phone? "I'll be right there." He hung up and rose from the stone.
"Something happened?" you asked.
"Not really, my mum wants me to go with them," he shrugged.
"And you're going to do it?" you asked. Yonghwa hesitated.
"I have to... I'll see y later," he said and ran off.

You looked after him. He was your complete opposite. You would never have ran to your parents side because they asked you to shop with them. You'd probably run the other way... And what was he, a dog, coming when his 'owners' called him. Didn't he have a will of his own? You hadn't even met his parents, but you already felt like you disliked them.

Your phone started ringing. It was your mum.
"Yes?"
"We're going home any minute now. Come to the car as soon as you can, honey," your mother said. You thought for a while. You didn't want to be pushed around like Yonghwa.

"I think I'll just stay here for a while. I'll get back by myself," said with smile and hung up.