8

Camping

It took you a long while to get to the amusment park (since you had walk...), but when you arrived it was still a few hours until it opened. YOnghwa sat down on a bench and you followed. You yawned loudly and leaned back.
"Maybe we should get some sleep before enjoying ourselves more today," Yonghwa suggested with a smile. You didn't object, you just closed your eyes and felt sleep take over your body.

You woke up to the sound of children laughing and screaming. You opened your eyes and looked around with a blurry vision. Kids were running around everywhere on the crammed parking lot while their parents tried to calm them down. You turned your head and looked up at Yonghwa who was looking out over the scene you had just been studying.
?
You rubbed your eyes awake. You were lying with your head in Yonghwa's lap. How did that happen? It was quite comfortable though... You lay still watching Yonghwa until he turned his gaze to you. He smiled softly.
"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty."

You quickly sat up and felt something fall off your body. You looked down in your lap. Yongwa's jacket? You glanced at him.
"I thought you might be cold," he said softly.
"In this warmth?" You crooked an eyebrow. Yonghwa's shoulders slumped a little when he shrugged and that uncommon feeling of guilt overwhelmed you again. You lended him his jacket.
"Thank you."

You grabbed a map over the park area and studied it into the smallest detail.
"Where to?" Yonghwa asked. You pointed in the right direction and then pulled him with you towards the worst carousels you could find.

"Wow! That was awesome!" you cheered as the two of you exited another spinning ride. "Ah! Look at that, let's ride that onw." You ran ahead towards the umpteenth spinning carousel for the day. Yonghwa stopped halfway.
"How about this one?" He pointed at a really, really, really tall tower. One of those where you go to the top in slow motion and have to suffer up there for a half eternity before it drops 100 meters. Perilously!

"No way!" Yonghwa turned to look at you with a surprised expression.
"Why not?" he asked. You hesitated.
"Too boring," you finally said. Yonghwa rolled his eyes.
"It gives the best adrenalin rush you can ever get, what is so boring about that?"
"I just don't want to ride it." You started to walk away but Yonghwa grabbed your tank top and pulled you back.
"You've been dragging me around all day, from one spinning thing to another, now it's my turn to choose." Yonghwa headed towards the line, dragging you along with a firm grip around your collar. Hard to get away like that...

The line was moving very slowly and that made your nerves twist in nervousness. You stepped around on the spot and twirled your hair around your index finger while wailing quietly.
"What's the matter with you?" Yonghwa looked at you.
"Nothing," you lied but, of course, Yonghwa didn't believe you.
"The truth, please."
"I'm really, really afraid of heights." You spit out the words rapidly. Yonghwa looked at you.
"Why didn't you say that to begin with? Let's get out of this line." Yonghwa gripped railing surrounding the line and got ready to climb over.
"No," you whispered. You had to think about your pride. If you were in line you couldn't back out. That was to act too much like a sissy...

"Are you sure about this?" Yonghwa asked as you were approaching your seats.
"Absolutely not, now let's do this." You sat down and quickly pulled the safety thing down before you changed me down. Yonghwa placed himself in the seat next to yours.

The ride started to move upwards and you dangled your legs in nervousness. Your breathing increased.
"Calm down. I bet all your spinning rides are way more dangerous than this one," you heard Yonghwa's comforting voice. You couldn't really see him through all the safety thingys, but he sounded as calm as a cow on green manures.

You just kept going up, towards the sky. Wasn't it enough already? You whimpered a little.
"Aren't we there yet?"
"Almost. Breathe," he reminded you. You came to a sudden stop and the carousel clicked and banged loudly. It's going to break!
"Let me down..."
"Trust me, we're going to get down," Yonghwa said. In panic you grabbed Yonghwa's hand. He gently squeezed your hand and you squeezed back, but forgot to loosen the grip again. You shut your eyes tightly to avoid seeing how far it was to the ground. Couldn't this horrible thing just drop you and get this torture-ride overwith? You becamed impatient and, if possible, even more nervous and your sweaty hand squeezed Yonghwa's even tighter.

There was a small clicking sound and then the world disappeared around you. The scream found its way through your throat and mouth and out in the world. Two and a half second, and it was over. You opened your eyes and shut your mouth. You were alive! You felt like lying down on the ground and kiss it.

You got pulled out of your seat by Yonghwa. He led you out and sat you down on a bench before kneeling down in front of you.
"Are you okay?" He your hand with his thumb (you were still holding his hand) and pushed your hair out of your face. "It wasn't that bad right?" You looked up and stared into his eyes.
"I hate you."
"See, you're already being mean to me." Yonghwa smiled at you and stood up. "Let's get something to eat."