Goodbye

Camping

You slowly out your things in your bag. you closed it and your father helped you carry it to the car.
"All set?" he asked. You nodded.
"Are we ready to leave?" Your mother eyed you closely. You looked away and nodded again.

"But shouldn't you..." your sister began. You interrupted her by shaking your head. You didn't want to leave, really. But you knew you had to and you couldn't take a prolonged farewell. You got in the car.
"ARE you sure about this?" Your sister sat beside you and you could feel everyone's eyes on you.
"Drive."

Your father slowly started the car and drove slowly across the camping lawn. All the time he kept looking in the rearview mirror and your mother kept looking back. You watched your father's reflection in the mirror and thought you sensed a smile take form on his lips. This was not a happy moment!

 

Suddenly someone jumped in front of the car with his arms stretched out. Your father stepped on the breaks. You pushed your hair out of your face and looked out the windscreen. Your eyes widened in shock and your heart cramped.
"I think you should go out to him," your father said softly. Your sister leaned over  you and opened the car door on your side. You took your seatbelt off and got out.

Yonghwa ran up to you and embraced you. He held you hard against his chest.
"Did you think I would let you leave without saying goodbye?" he whispered into your ear. You put your arms around Yonghwa and clung onto him with all your might, never wanting to let go.

He pulled away and looked at you, straight into your eyes. You meekly smiled at him, got on tour tiptoes and pecked him on the mouth. You glanced back at your family and busted them all staring at you with their noses almost pressed against the windows. When they noticed that you had discovered them they pretended not to have seeen anything and innocently looked away.
"Let them watch." Yonghwa smiled a little when cupped your cheeks with both his hands and bent down and crashed his lips on yours. His kiss was desperate, and you kissed him back, just as desperately.

You felt his lips leave yours. He leaned his forehead against yours, with his eyes closed.
"This is wrong. I shouldn't be leaving," you whispered with tears in your voice.
"It's just six hours. I could take the train..."
"We both know that will never happen. When school starts again we will both be occupied, and you might meet someone else..."
"I wont." Yonghwa pulled you close again. "I know you might think it's too early... but... I love you."

Yonghwa kissed you again.
"I loe you too," you whispered onto his lips, allowing his tounge to enter your mouth.

You sat in the car again. Yonghwa helped you put your seatbelt on. He pecked your cheek.
"I'll miss you," he said.
"Iäll miss you too." You held on to his hand. As he backed away from the car his hand slowly slid out of your grip.
"Goodbye." He closed the door and your father sped off.

You turned around and looked out the rear window at Yonghwa. He stood still, frozen on the spot, watching your car until it disappeared on the highway.

You leaned back in your seat. You looked out your window and felt a silent tear slid down your cheek. More tears were quick to follow. Your family respectfully looked away and let you cry it all out.

You would miss him.

 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

If this story was to have a sad ending then this would be the one. But.., I think I will post my Happy Ending later on... :)
(I'm a very Happy-Ending-Person.. ^^ )

<3