6

Camping

Yonghwa was already sitting on the swing waiting for you when you reached the playground. He rose and walked up to you when he saw you coming.
"Ready for some biking?" you asked. He beamed at you.
"I'm as ready as never before," he said cheerfully.
"Let's go." You led the bike towards the long driveway to the camping.

"Okay," you said to Yonghwa who was straddling the bike. "I'm going to hohld on to the luggage carrier and keep you upright, you just worry about steer and pedal. Got it?" You looked at Yonghwa and he nodded.

You took a firm grip on the front carrier and pushed Yonghwa to a start. He increased the tempo by pedaling and you began running behind him. He wobbled a whole lot but managed to stay on the road, and the bike.
"You're doing great, just keep going," you shouted. "When you're ready I'll let go."

You ran a few more steps before: "I'm letting go!" Yonghwa managed to ride a few meters before he lost his balance and he fell to the ground.

You ran up to him.
"Are you okay?" you shouted. He stood up and dusted off his jeans.
"Let's try it again," he said resolutely and pulled the bike up. So you gripped the bike again, and you wre off.

"Letting go," you said. This time he fell almost at once. You heard him swear. You went to raise the bike up and looked at him.
"Come on now, no one can do it the first time," you said with an encouraging smile. He gave a short nod and got ready for another round.

It had been almost three hours of nonstop running back and forth on the driveway before you sat down exhausted. The sun was blazing and you felt sweat running down your back.
"I need a break," you whiffed. "And water... and food." You lay down in the grass and Yonghwa sat down beside you.
"Me too. How about some lnch?" he smiled. You cheered at the suggestion.
"Let's go," you said and pulled Yonghwa to his feet. "Food, food, food," you sang happily and Yonghwa just shook his head.

You decided to meet at the camp kitachen in ten minutes, so you went to your tent to get some ingredients for a meal.
"Where have you been all this time?" your mother asked.
"I've been teaching a neighbour how to ride a bicycle," you said and roamed the cooler bag. Your parents looked surprised, but yet a bit content.
"I'm glad you're making friends," your moter said.

"Sure," you said and hurried to the kitchen.

You made a few omelettes for Yonghwa and yourself.
"Delicious," Yonghwa sighed. Exaggerating, or what...? 
"Just hurry and eat so we can get back to work," you urged him.

Back at the driveway.

There was another half an hour workout.
"I'm letting go." Yonghwa fell again.
"One more time," he growled. You ran behind him with your hands on the bike. Then you let go with one hand, and then the other one, but still kept running. You ran out of breath and stopped. You inhaled deeply.
"You did it! YOU'RE DOING IT!" You screamed.
"I-I am... I AM!" Yonghwa screamed back at you while biking forward, towards the tents.

"Hit the brakes! STOP!" you shouted as he approached the reception in a dangerously high speed. At first you thought he was going to crash, but he stepped on the brake and skidded to a stop. He dropped the bike to the ground and turned to you. He raised his fists in the air in a victorious gesture.

"You are the best teacher in the world!!!"