5

Camping

After your mum had called you back twice you turned off your phone and put it away.

You wandered around the city for abobut an hour but then you got bored and felt like getting back to the camping and your guitar. You thought about how to get home. You had no idea from where to take tha bus, then how about... a bike?

You smiled for yourself as you straddled the bike and trod off. People had such y locks nowadays. There had been absolutely no difficulties stealing the bike and get away. No one had seen you.

You headed out to the highroad you had arrived on and followed the signs back to the camping. According to the signs it was going to be a quite long trip back. You studied the signs closely so that you wouldn't miss any sliproads and discovered a guidepost that you liked. An amusement park out here? you thought happily. You just had to go there, but who would you drag along...?

The sky was almost dark when you skidded the bike to a stop outside the tent, and your parents flew up from where they'd been sitting, guarding the entrance to the tent. Your father roughly grabbed you by your arm.
"Where the hell have you been?" he yelled in your face.
"Didn't I say that I would stay in town?" you said with a calm but provocative voice.
"Why didn't you answere your phone!?" Small drops of saliva showered your face.
"I didn't hear it." You stared intently into your father's eyes. The two of you fought a silent battle before he let go of you and backed off. They couldn't really say that you had done anything wrong, because you hadn't. You just stretched a bit on your parents' limits. You had told them your plans and had followed them, they couldn't ask more of you and you knew that.
"Where did you get the bike?" your mother asked,
"I rented it," you said and shoved your hands in your pockets. That was obviously a lie, you knew that, and so did your parents.

Your mother sighed in resignation and disappeared into the tent without another word.
"Go to bed," your father said without looking at you and then followed his wife.

Your sister crawled out of the tent and stood up facing you.
"Here to yell at me?" you asked fiercly.
"No, that's not my job. My task is only to supprt you, and to hope that you some day will find a way to be happy." he reached you your vanity case and went back inside. That wasn't what you expected.

You absentmindedly went to the barracks to brush your teeth. You sat down on the steps, to the ladies' room this time, and stared out in the dark.

"Hey! Are you listening+" Yonghwa's vocie made you snap back to reality and you almost choked on the toothpaste-lather in your mouth. You spit it out in the grass.
"Don't scare me like that," you snapped at him.
"It's not my fault that you were unreachable," Yonghwa said and put his hands up in defense.
"Whatever..."
"Why are you back this late? I saw your family return much earlier." Yonghwa looked at you and put some toothpaste on his brush. "And, how did you get back...?
"Bike," you said tensely and kept on cleaning your teeth.
"Bike? Where did you get one of those?" Yonghwa asked.
"I stole it, okay?" you blurted. Yonghwa seemed startled and didn't say anything and just but the thoothbrush in his mouth.

Silence...

"I don't kno how to ride a bicycle," he confessed. You looked at him.
"Really?"
"I usually take the bus if I need to go anywhere at home." Yonghwa rinsed his toothbrush under the outdoor tap. You stood up and did the same.

"Do you want me to teach you?" you asked without really thinking. Yonghwa gave you a surprised look.
"Would you do that?"
"Why not?" You had already offered yourself to do it so there was no point in backing out now.
"What about your bad teachiing skills?" he asked with a mischievous smile. You shot him an angry glare.
"If you don't want to then just say so," you said annoyed.
"No, that's not what I meant. please, teach me," he smiled.

"Fine. Meet me at the playground at 10 am tomorrow," you said.