12

Camping

Your sister woke you up by poking you in the side.
"What?" you grunted.
"Yonghwa has walked past our tent like a million times! I think he's waiting for you," she whispered.
"What?" you said again, a little more awake this time.
"Okay, maybe not a million, but the half hour I sat outside he walked by eleven times..." Your sister smiled like a child on Christmas. You sat up.
"What time is it?" How many times can you say the word 'what' in one conversation?
"It's almost twelve, maybe he's getting impatient..." You slapped her shoulder but couldn't stop smiling. What was wrong with you?

You quickly got dressed, or as quickly as you possibly could in a damn tent, and then got out in the sun. The first thing that met your eyes was the sight of Yonghwa walking by. He glanced in your direction. You waved and smiled widely. You ran up to him.

"Morning princess," he smiled. You blushed a little.
"What are we doing today?" you asked.
"I haven't planned anything... but they have miniature golf here at the camping," Yonghwa said.
"Great! Want to play some golf?"

After eating breakfast and getting yourself ready you waited for Yonghwa to come by the tent and pick you up.
"Spending the day with Yonghwa again?" your mother asked. You nodded.
"He's a good kid..." Your father left the sentece hang in the air for you to interpret as you wanted. Your parents kept on praising Yonghwa, so when he showed up you attacked him and told him to take you to the miniature golf, before he heard your parents...

Yonghwa's and your talents in miniature golf turned out to be pretty equal. You were both terrible. Yonghwa laughed at you when you had missed the ball after trying to hit it four times in a row. You laughed at him as he hit the ball from the side, making it bounce like a pinball ball between the walls. You spent the day on the miniature golf course with making fun of each other. Until about five when your stomach started growling... When you counted the score it turned out that you had won by two hits. You jumped around on the spot in joy, singing praise about yourself.

"The loser has to treat the winner to something," you said.
"What? We didn't sa anything about that, when did we decide that?" Yonghwa asked confused.
"I did it just now, since I was the one who won." Yonghwa laughed at you.
"What do you want then?"
"I don't know, you come up with something."

You skipped ahead of him to the beach and out on the gantry. You stopped on the edge and soon Yonghwa came to stand beside you.
"I think I know something I can give you," he said and turned to you. You smiled and turned so the two of you were standing face to face.
"What is it?"

Yonghwa looked you in the eyes and took both of your hands in his. Your heart fluttered like a butterfly in your chest. What was he doing? His eyes slipped to your lips. He leaned in closer, slowly, as if to give you time to pull away. But you didn't. His warm breath brushed your lips and you closed your eyes. His nose touched yours.
"I have a boyfriend," you whispered.
"I don't care," Yonghwa whispered back. And neither did you when he lowered his head and the last inch between you disappeared as your lips met in a sweet kiss.