15

Camping

TWO MONTHS LATER

In School

 

You sat by yourself in the cafeteria while eating your lunch. It had been like that since school started after the summer vacation. You had broken up with your for boyfriend and stopped hanging out with your criminal friends. It didnt bother you much to be alone though, it just meant that you could grieve in peace

"Is this seat free?" You looked up and saw the new geeky girl in your class look back at you expectantly. You were just about to snap at her and say no, but you changed your mind.
"Sure."

The girl sat down beside you and started eating. She had no table manners, it was disgusting to watch. You looked away and saw your old friends enter the cafeteria. Great...     -.-

"Getting yourself a new friend?" your ex-friend asked you scornfully. You smirked at her.
"Meet my new bestie."
"You're dumping us to hang out with her?" your former friend looked at the girl with aversion. What's with the attitude? Did she have to be so mean? You protectively put an arm around the girls skinny shoulders.
"Let's just say that I've raised my standards."

Your former friend put her nose in the air and walked away. She would never win a verbal fight against you. You smirked and continued eating.

You finished your lunch and got ready to leave.
"Thank you."
?
The girl beside you looked up at you.
"You didn't have to defend me, but thank you for doing it."
Yeah, sure." You squirmed in your seat and really wanted to leave. The girl kept thanking you and giving you praises you didn't feel you deserved. You had only said it to protect yourself, mostly.

"It's fine, really," you interrupted the girl. You stood up and grabbed your things. "I guess I'll see you around." You left.

You got home and went straight up to your room. You dropped your backpack on the floor and plopped yourself down on the bed. You hopefully picked your cellphone from the bedside table. Nothing. It had been a while since you last heard from Yonghwa. You considered calling him. It must've been for the 100th time, but in the end you never called. He had probably forgotten about you by now. You went to bed early that night. You tried to cry yourself to sleep, but you were all out of tears.

The next day you were standing by your locker, collecting your stuff and getting ready to go home. A shrill voice called your name and you looked up. The geeky girl from yesterday. Wasn't she persistent...?
"I thought you had left already," the girl said. "I saw you on my way home yesterday, we live in the same direction. Mind if I accompany you on the way home today?"
"Umm... I guess I don't mind." Gosh, didn't she have any friends to pester? Oh, maybe not...

The two of you walked out of the school building and crossed the schoolyard. As you reached the the street you heard a car honk. You both turned your heads to look at the approaching vehicle.
"Someone you know?" you asked.
"It's my parent's car, so I guess it is." The girl looked closer. "Oh, it's my cousin. Come, I'll introduce you!"

The girl dragged you with her to the, now still, car. The driver was busy doing something so the girl walked around the car leaving you on the sidewalk. She tapped the car window.
"Cousin!" the girl shouted. "Get out of the car, I want you to meet someone."

The car door opened and someone got out. He stood up and turned to you. You gasped in shock and felt everything around you disappear as you met eyes with this familiar person.

 

Yonghwa!?

 

You almost out and had to sit down. You caught a glimpse of his face reflecting your feelings before sinking to the ground on the other side of the car. Was this really happening, or was it just your brain playing tricks on you?

You heard running steps and then someone kneeled beside you. He repeated your name several times before you looked up at him. You watched him carefully. You stretched out a hand and touched his cheek.
"Is this happening?" You looked him in the eyes. "Are you real?"

Yonghwa took your hand that was on his cheek and squeezed it tightly.
"Of course I'm real. I've never felt as existing before." Yonghwa smiled and put your hands to his mouth and kissed your fingers. At the sight of his smile all of your thoughts left your mind and you threw yourself over him with your arms around his neck. He fell backwards on the ground with you on top of him. You started to cry.
"You should've called me."
"I know, I know." Yonghwa your hair. You hugged him harder, pressing your body against his, making sure that he was really there.
"I've missed you," you whispered.
"I've missed you too." Yonghwa turned his head, his lips searching after yours. You tilted your head slightly upwards and let him kiss you.

"Am I missing something?" The girl interrupted your sweet reunion. Yonghwa pulled you to your feet with his arm around your waist. "You know each other?"
"You know the girl I told you about? The one I met this summer?"
"Of course I know, you talk about her all the time." The girl rolled her eyes. You glanced at Yonghwa. He was talking about you?
"Let me introduce her to you." Yonghwa pushed you a step forward as the girls eyes grew wide in surprise. You waved a little.
"This is my cousin," Yonghwa said with his eyes on you and pointed vaguely at the girl.
"Nice to meet you." You smiled.
"You... you too..." The girl seemed shocked, and you sure as hell didn't blame her.
"Get in the car." Yonghwa gave you a slight push. "Cousin, you go home by yourself, I need the car."
"O-okay..."
"Will she be okay?" You looked out at the girl as you drove away. She wasn't moving. "Maybe we should drive her home first..."
"She'll be fine. She does that when she gets excited..." Yonghwa flashed you samile. "Now you and I are going to spend some time together..."

 

You sat next to each other by a table in a small cozy coffee shop. The coffee on the table stayed untouched as the two of you couldn't concentrate on anything but each other. You didn't even notice as the waitress and a customer fell head over heels to the floor...

You played a little with Yonghwa's hands.
"When did you get here?" you asked.
"A few weeks ago." Weeks!? Why hasn't he been a good boy and picked his cousin up from school earlier!?
"And... how long are you staying?" You refused to look at him and focused on your entangled hands.
"I've transferred to a school where I study music, so at least for the rest of my time in school." You looked at Yonghwa and he winked at you.
"Really?" Tears started to form in your eyes.
"Really, really," Yonghwa assured you. He wiped one of your tears away and kissed your nose.
"You're doing it wrong," you whispered.
"What's wrong?" Yonghwa looked worriedly at you.
"You're supposed to kiss me here." You put one finger to your smiling lips.

Yonghwa gently pushed your hand away and leaned closer. You closed your eyes.
"What about your boyfriend?" Yonghwa whispered.
"We broke up."
"And why is that?" He was now so close that you almost could feel his lips moving against your when he spoke. He was such a tease.
"Because... I'm in love with you," you breathed.
"I hoped you would say that." Yonghwa softly pressed his lips against yours and smiled. You frowned. Not what you wanted to hear... You started to pull back, but Yonghwa stopped you by putting his hand on your neck.
"I love you," he whispered unto your lips and you contentedly kissed him back.

 

If this wasn't meant to be, then what was? He had actually moved to your city without knowing you lived there, and among all the million people in the city you just happened to bump into him.

If there was something called destiny in this world, this was it.

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

I couldn't stand letting Yonghwa be sad so I wrote this incredibly cheesy cliche happy ending too ^^ So you and Yonghwa ended up together after all , hope you liked it :)<3