13

Camping

"I don't even know where you live." You were lying on the gantry with your head on Yonghwa's chest. He played with a lock of your hair.
"About three hours, by car, north from here. You?"
"About the same distance, in the opposite direction..."

The only thing to be heard was the weak clucking from the waves. Was this all there was then? Would you go hom tomorrow and never see him again? You felt your eyes flood with tears at the thought. You quickly blinked them away. If it was to end here you wanted to do the best of the situation.
"Should we sleep here tonight?" you bravely asked.
"You and me? Here?"
"Only if you want to..." you trailed off.
"Of course I want to!" Yonghwa sat up and you would've slipped to the ground if it wasn't for him, embracing you tightly. You wanted to stay like that, forever.

Yonghwa and you met up at the gantry after eating and gathering all necessary things. You made a 'bed' on the gantry and then sat down beside each other on the blankets.
"This is not going to be comfortable..." you said.
"I hope you don't move too much in your sleep," Yonghwa said.
"I don't think so, why?"
"You'll fall into the water, or accidentally push me in..." Yonghwa gulped jokingly.
"Silly, I'll do that on purpose when I'm awake." You leaned your head on Yonghwa's shoulder and he rested his cheek on your head.

You sat like that, sometimes talking, sometimes just sitting quiet. Dusk fell.
"Why do people consider sunsets romantic?" Yonghwa asked.
"I don't know. I just think it's something that people have made up as an excuse for making out... Sunsets are just sad."
"Why?"
"It's our last day here. What will happen when we're home? Will this just be a memory among many others, or will we see each other again?"
"We wont know that until we're home. If we never see each other again this will be an outstanding memory to treasure forever. If we're meant to meet again, we will." His words made you want to cry, but you ignored the feeling and sadly laughed at him instead.
"That was so cheesy," you said and puffed his shoulder with yours.
"Maybe. But it's true."

You lay down and squeezed into the same sleeping bag. You lay tight together with your hands intertwined, watching the sun sink into the water, leaving the sky blushing from its beauty.

You snuggled yourself closer to Yonghwa, burying your nose in his neck as he put his arms around you and pulled you even closer. You closed your eyes as he kissed your crown. You had never been this happy but at the same time, your heart had never been in so much pain ever before.

"What are they doing?"
"Are they asleep?"
"Ssh, you'll wake them up."

The whispering voices were all around you. Didn't people know how to show some respect these days? Let people sleep! You flung your eyes open and angrily tried to sit up. Yonghwa held you down with his arm around your waist. He smiled a little without opening his eyes.
"Leave it," he said in a low voice as three children ran away from you.

"I told you they would wake up!"
"It wasn't my fault!"

You turned your head and looked at Yonghwa as he slowly opened his eyes and smiled at you.
"I wish I could wake up to this sight every day:" You blushed at his words and shyly looked away. He chuckled at your bashfulness and pulled you closer.

You lay close to each other, listening to the other one breathing, without saying a word. You trembled before having to get up and being forced out of your bubble of happiness. Pushed out to the reality. But no matter how much you tries to ignore the actuality, it finally caught up with you. Yonghwa lifted his head.
"Your sister is here."

You sat up and looked at your sister whi was standing hesitantly on the beach.
"I'll be right back." You crawled out of the sleeping bag and stood up to walk up to your sister.

"Good morning," you smiled at her. She didn't return your smile. Instead she glanced worriedly at Yonghwa.
"Mum and dad want you to come and get ready." She gave you a sad look. "We are leaving in one hour."