7

Camping

You wrapped your towel around you after a refreshing swim with Yonghwa. You felt happier than you had been in a very long time. No idea why...
"Are you going to return it?" Yonghwa asked as he ruffled his hair dry with a towel.
"Sorry, what?"
"The bike. Are you planning on returning it?" Yonghwa repeated. You felt your happy feelings fade a little.
"I haven't really thought about it," you said evasively.
"I'll help you, return I mean," Yonghwa said with a smile. You looked at him. "See it as a 'thank you' for teaching me how to ride a bike. Let's go, right now." Too excited...
"We can't go now!" you said anxiously.
"Why not?"
"We'll get caught." Dummy... You nervously twirled a lock of your wet hair between your fingers.
"Then what do we do?" Yonghwa asked. You thought hard for a second and then you got an idea. Brilliant. Not that Yonghwa would like it much, but...

"We'll early tomorrow morning." You smiled at the thought.
"How early, exactly?" Yonghwa asked, suspicious because of your scary smile.
"It'll take us about an hour to get to town since it's downhill the entire way. So, how about we leave the camping at 4am?" you suggested, expecting wild objections from Yonghwa. "There wont be anyone awake to see us at that early hour."
"Okay." He didn't even protest at the murderously early hour?
"What about our parents, what will they say?" you asked.
"Maybe it's time for me to misbehave," Yonghwa shrugged. Really...? That's my boy. You started to feel excited.
"So it's settled?" you asked eagerly. 
"See you at the playground at four." Yonghwa winked and left.

The alarm went off at a cuarter to four. You quickly turned it off before your family woke up from the vibration of your phone. You carefully crept towards the exit. Your sister lifted her head.
"Where are you going?" she whispered drowsily.
"Bathroom. I'll be back in no time," you whispered back.

You grabbed the backpack you had prepared the previous night and headed to the bathroom for a change of clothes.

You were a little late when you arrived at the playground. Yonghwa looked up when he heard your footsteps.
"I thought you had bailed on me," he smiled.
"No way. Let's go." You quietly led the bike to where Yonghwa and you had spent the day yesterday.

You straddled the bike.
"Hop pn." You motioned for Yonghwa to sit behind you on the carrier. The weak morning light showed his reluctant expression, but he did as you told him without protesting.
"Hold on, the road is a bit bumpy," you said with a crazy smile. Yonhwa put his hands on your waist and you took off.

The road was completely empty so you had no problem in making your way to the city. You felt that inexplicable happy feeling from yesterday sneek upon you and you couldn't help but let out a loud, happy laugh. You woobled a bit and felt Yonghwa harden his grip around your waist.
"Take it easy," he murmured anxiously into your back. He wasn't used to getting a ride you assumed.
"Calm down, nothing is going to happen," you assured him without warning him about an upcoming slope.

The bike flew down the hill. You screamed in excitement while Yonghwa pressed his lips together and squeezed your waist in horror.

When you entered the main street in town you ran the bike upon the sidewalk and stopped to let Yonghwa off. He seemed a bit unstable and you held in a laugh.
"Good for you that we are returning this bike, or it would be the end of your masculinity," you teased and tittered a bit. You started to walk. Yonghwa grunted and followed you with shaky steps.

The two of you entered the abandoned ally from where you had stolen the bike. You put it back in the bicycle rack.
"We're just leaving it here?" Yonghwa asked. You just shrugged. "What about locking it?
...
Innocent or what?
"Haven't we been kind enough for one day?" you asked.
"We are returning something you have stolen. How is that kind? It's what is right."
"Ugh. Stop being so damn righteous. I could've just kept the stupid bike. How many thieves do you see returning their swag?" You raised your voice. Yonghwa anxiously looked around and tried to hush you.
"Now you're hushing me!?" You got really annoyed.
"Someone might hear us..."
"Gah! Wy did I let you talk me into this?" You closed your eyes in frustration.

"Who's there!?" a voice called from above. "What are you doing!?" Yonghwa and you looked up. An angry man was leaning out from a window on the second floor. He stared at you who were still standing next to the bike.
"Let go of that bike. Thieves!" the man yelled. "I'm coming down!"

"!" Yonghwa grabbed your wrist and pulled you with him. "Run!"

Yonghwa and you ran away from the angry man while more windows were opening along the alley. You didn't turn around to see if he was following you or not. Why take the risk?

You started to run out of breath.
"I don't think he's following us," you said between breaths. Yonhwa slowed down and then stopped. You bent forward in exhaustion and took in deep breaths. Yonghwa looked around with a haunted look.
"I told you not to scream, I knew that..."
"Shut up!" You interrupted him. You snapped your wrist out of his hand. "Don't even start."
"Fine." Yonghwa held up his handin surrender. "What are we doing now?"

It didn't take your brain long to come up with another brainwave.
"How about, an amusement park...?"