Mask off

The Transfer Student

Jongup was waiting in front of the park’s gates. When his phone rang. “hello?” the brunet answered. “ Hey son how are you doing on this fine day?” came the voice of his father on the other line.

 

Jongup rolled his eyes “ I’m doing fine on the other side of Korea with my spirit slowly degrading and vanishing due to the fact that I’m stuck in this pathetic excuse of a school” Jongup answered in one go.

 

 He heard a sigh on the other end of the phone. “ I see you’re doing just fine, with that sarcastic tone of yours” His father continued “ anyways I wanted to tell you that no one’s home for the holidays I’m going overseas and honestly I don’t trust you alone in Seoul, so stay in Busan and don’t cause trouble.” His father ended the call not waiting for a reply.

 

Jongup was furious he needs to go back to Seoul, otherwise he will suffocate for damn sure. He was about to dial the number again when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Hey, Moon. Whatta doin?” Daehyun chirped from behind, still having his hand on the brunets sholder while trying to sneek a peek of who Jongup is talking to.

 

Jongup hurriedly stuffed his phone in his pocket before muttering rather in a nervous tone “Nothing”, afraid that Daehyun might have over heard him.

 

“ Oh well, whatever.” Daehyun dropped his hand motioning to a group of 2 guys standing not far way from where they were. “They’re the friends I told you about”

 

“ Yo, name’s Himchan” one extended his hand as he introduced himself. Jongup couldn’t understand what was more creepy the way this guy smiled or the big tattoo that was on his pale neck. Is that a scorpion?

 

The brunet was brought back to earth when Daehyun nudged him to shake Himchan’s hand. “ Oh, s-sorry . Jongup. Moon Jongup” he apologized as he shook hands with him.

 

A deep voice startled Jongup “Bang Youngguk” the other said in a boring tone, not really interested in introductions. But man he looked dangerous. The brunet took a mental note of these two. They don’t look like the type to go to an amusement park.

 

Something’s happening. And Jongup felt the danger pierce in his very core.

 

 

For the first hour nothing really happened. Except for a very hyper active Daehyun, a flirting Himchan and a very un amused Yongguk.

 

But for damn sure Jongup didn’t miss the subtle looks of the new due. Himchan and Youngguk would whisper to each other, sometime with Daehyun. While eyeing him suspiciously.

And true enough the brunets suspicions came true. When Daehyun asked him to go to buy them some popcorn from an isolated looking booth shielded by the trees.

 

The place was deserted that was the first thing he noticed. The second thing he surly was confident in was the group of guys following him since he left Daehyun and the others.

 

He fastened his pace then sprinted for a run startling the guys who were after his trail. He cursed his luck cause he wasn’t familiar with this place otherwise he would have an escape plan ready to be used.

 

Just as he thought his luck couldn’t get any worst. A dead end. A ing dead END. Now he has no way of escaping. So he sighed and turned around resigning himself to fate. He was going to engage in nasty fight for sure. The guys looked well acquainted with street fight, and the weapons consisting of bats couldn’t help either. How unoriginal. The brunet rolled his eyes in irritation. He was reaching to his glasses when he suddenly stopped.

 

He noticed that there was this tattoo. Scorpion tattoo. To be more specific.  On each and every one of his attackers bodies. The brunet eyes widened in realization.

 

His eyes scanned the area and sure enough. There behind an old vending machine hid Daehyun and his so called friends. Observing what would happen.

 

A small smirk played on Jongup’s lips. Huh, they wanted to make sure if I worth anything. Good thing he realized earlier. Otherwise they would have seen him in action. And that would have exposed him. Which he didn’t mind by all means. But the threat he got from his fathers an hour ago didn’t help his case.

 

So he did the next smart thing or rather stupid thing. He took one hell of a beating till he fainted. Or actually pretended to fall unconscious. First so these es would stop hitting him. And second so he can hear the conversation that was happening in front him right now.

 

 

“ See Daehyun he isn’t worth much if anything at all” Complained Himchan.

“ Dude you just wasted our ing time. We actually called the best fighters from the gang to beat the kid up” yelled a very furious looking Youngguk.

 

“ He couldn’t even put up a decent fight. What a loser” Himchan exclaimed before adding “ are you sure he’s the one who broke Erick’s arm?”

 

“ Sorry hyung. I really thought it was him. Beyane ehh” Daehyun tried to cover for his mistake by acting cute to his hyungs.

 

Himchan was going to reply when they heard a small chuckle that turned into a fit of laughter seconds later.

 

They all turned their heads to the source of the sounds only to find the nerd clutching at his stomach while trying to catch some breath. Stunned they didn’t move a muscle. Till Jongup stopped laghing and stood on his feet while wiping tear on the corner of his eye.

 

“aah… heh so that’s what you were plotting all along” Jongup finally said as he took of his glasses and tossed them on the ground. Before locking his gaze onto Daehyun’s.

 

“ you did quit a number on me” Jongup clarified as he was dusting his pants a smirk on his face.

 

“ And now you’re going to pay for it” Jongup said. Smirk falling and voice seething with unbelievable rage.

 

 

 If looks could kill they all would be buried six feet under.

 

 

 

 

(A/N): Hey guys. This chap is slightly longer that the previous hehe. Enjoyed writing it hopefully you enjoyed reading it. I'm still looking for a poster and I don't know where exactly to find it ;A; If it's not any trouble can you tell me where to look for. thnx :)