I'm Only With You Because...

I Just Can't Let You Go

She returned to her apartment with a sad and heavy heart, despite blasting upbeat and catchy songs, her mind was too distracted with the image etched into her memory. She punched in the code to her apartment and quickly slipped in. She slowly removed her heels and put on slippers, her feet were aching, but somehow, not even that managed to get her out of her current depression, she just went into her room and plopped herself onto her bed. 

For a while she just laid there. Thoughts coming and going, but all on one person. Kris. Why? Why did he not how affection to her like he would with other girls? Was she not girly enough? Was she not feminine like those other girls he would usually flirt with? Why? She wanted him to show more love towards her, just like she would show him. Her heart ached every time those images would pop up.

No, it was not just that time that he flirted with other girls. He had done it many times before, sometimes she was present, other times it was from a distance, but the majority was done in secret. It was quite surprising that he did not question her not questioning him about those other girls. Maybe it was just because she was too easy that he continues to stay in the "relationship," it could actually be a good excuse to not go out with other girls.

Tears began to form, but not a single one would she let fall. Crying was not going to get her wishes, it was hard work, and she had to work harder for his affection. She stood up, and went on over to her bathroom, she first began to remove the excess make-up that hadn't blown off during the day. Then it was a quick shower, before changing into a clean and comfortable shirt and sweatpants.

It was quite a relief for her body since she still isn't used to dressing up in those girly blouses and dresses. Taking out her laptop she began searching for more make-up products, and better articles of clothing. Although it was a bit of a strain on her wallet, she was willing to risk it if it meant she would get noticed. After about two hours of searching it was time to get work on her assignments given to her by her... not so kind professors.

She took out her notes, books, and kept the laptop to continue playing music. She was one of those people who couldn't concentrate in a completely quiet enviroment. She just needed something to prevent silence. And plus, she liked her music. 

~~~~~~

The next day she woke up to the sound of her alarm's annoying beeps. Quickly pressing the snooze button and doing her usual morning routine, shower, hair, make-up, clothes, breakfast.

Today she was sporting a pastel colored blouse with puffed long sleeves and a white ruffled skirt that stopped an inch just above her knees. Her hair was in soft curls and put into a low side ponytail with another simple white lace headband that pushed away her side bang. The make-up was kept simple, foundation, a matte brown eyeshadow, with eyeliner, her brows were filled, she had on a light blush, and lip gloss. 

Soyou was one of those naturally good looking girls, although she had a few imperfections here and there, it was not usually on her face. She worked hard to learn all those things she did, because it was all for him. No matter how much of a hassle it was every morning, and how tiring it was to work out to keep her figure, she wanted to do it for him. She spent money to buy the clothes she has for him. All of the effort was for him... She just wished that for once he would notice her.

She looked at her watch and noticed the time was about 20 minutes till her first class. Grabbing her things and rushing out the door,  barely making it to her bus.

She quickly ran into her classroom right before the professor entered the room. She sighed in relief, and took out her notebook beginning to jot down notes.

~~~~~~

At the end of her first few classes it was the afternoon and she didn't have her last class till 2:30 leaving her with about two hours of nothing to do. She spots Kris with his same group of friends (Kai, Chanyeol, and Sehun), how can he be so loyal to them and not to her? She walks over to them, a few of them seem to notice her and gesture towards her, she feels a bit awkward but continues walking towards them. Kris turns to her, with another one of his infamous poker faces. 

"Afternoon sunbaenims." she gives Kris' friends a polite bow before turning to Kris with another one of her cute smiles, "Hi Kris. Do you think I could talk to you, alone?" she asks shyly.  

Kris gives her a nod, his face showing no signs of softening. His friends snicker and she hears one of them chuckling, although she isn't really sure which one it is. He sends them a glare causing them to quiet down. She begins walking away from his friends, Kris giving them one last glare before following after Soyou quietly. 

The two walk in silence, Soyou's heart is beating at the fastest rate she thought possible, even faster than the time she confessed to him. They stop at a secluded part of the university, she turns to him, playing with the hem of her short skirt.

"Why did you wanna talk to me?" his voice sounded cold and annoyed, a tone that usually isn't what boyfriends use towards their girlfriends.

"I-I just.. I just wanted to ask you.. Why in the world did you accept to going out with me?" she was all stuttery and her voice was at a very aqueaky and high pitched tone. She could hear him sigh in pure annoyance, something she didn't want, but she had to know. 

"Look, to be honest here, I don't know either. I don't know why in my right mind I would go out with you. I guess..." he paused trying to think of the next words to respond with, "I guess I just needed someone to use so I could get out of dates with other girls."

Soyou's heart shattered into pieces, tear were forming once again, but not one fell. She was silent for a moment, then she could feel his strong hand on her shoulder, "Look, I don't really wanna be in a relationship, that's it. I guess I needed an excuse, if you wanna "break up" its okay with me." he sounded quite burdened at this and... guilty?

Somehow, the pain worsened at those words of his and she shook her head, "No no no. Its fine. I didn't really think we were in a relationship, anyway, you can use me as an excuse, I don't mind. As long as it doesn't mess up with my studies its okay." 

He sighs in relief, which hurts her even more, but she puts on the best smile she can muster, "Thanks a lot." he scratches the back of his neck, "I'll make sure I'm not in your way for your studies." his voice was back to being cold, which she was quite surprising, usually people would be guilty, but it didn't sound like that in the least, or at least not like before.

She nods, "You should go back to them. I'm sure their looking for you." motioning for him to leave. He leaves without another word leaving the poor girl alone, with a broken heart. 

"Why didn't I break up with him while I could?" she questioned sitting down on a nearby bench. Tears threaten to fall, but once again she doesn't allow them to, she pats them away with a tissue she grabbed from her bag and sat there for the rest of her free time.

~~~~~~

Kris returned to his friends who seemed to be flirting with a few other girls. When they saw their model friend returning with his chat they shooed the girls away and proceeded to hanging out with him.

"What's she want to talk to you about?" Chanyeol asked. 

"She just asked why I agreed to dating her." he replied coldly.

Kai smirked, "You realize that's because of a bet right? The next girl to confess to you, you'd date. The longer you stay with her the more money we give you." he reminded him, "Its a good thing it was a cutie like her, or else you'd probably be stuck with one of your fangirls." 

Kris nodded, "Yeah."

An idea popped into Sehun's head, "She still a ?" he asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I think so." Kris replied nonchalantly.

"Well, how about we make this bet more interesting?" he gave him one of his evil looking smiles, somehow when Sehun had this sort of smile it scared everyone else, well, except for Kris.

"How exactly?" Kris asks a smug grin on his face. 

Sehun walks closer and whispers something into his ear, when he finishes, Kris just begins to laugh.

___________

 

Well, I'm sure the majority of you have figured out how exactly the bet is going to go down and what Sehun said ^^ so yeah. We're just going to leave it at that, until the next one. Thanks a lot for reading!