I Already Have Him

I Just Can't Let You Go

The two get closer as every single day passes. Soyou smiles more, and she no longer feels alone. 

Despite being pretty, she's never had any close friends, she's chatted with a few people in her class, but they've never really gotten close, and ever since she's gotten together with Kris, people seemed to be avoiding her, especially the girls who gossip behind her back saying that  she's probably paid him or she seduced him into going out with her. 

It wasn't really her fault that Kris was so popular, or that he agreed into going out with her. It was his choice. She could remember how everyone was shocked that of all the girls he could have accepted, it was her. Even though she was over the moon, there was a price to going out with him. She suffered humiliation, but it was never to the extent of breaking up with him, usually people would hider her books, maybe a few hate filled comments or getting tripped over. 

But Soyou isn't just any other girl that would just cry out. She can take such things like those. In the past, she's suffered more than what happens to her in university. And plus, she just sees them as immature five year olds. But going through two years of university alone, is still lonely. She's had friends, she's talked to some people every once in a while, but Jongdae's the first person to ever become close to her like this. They've only known each other for a short time, but despite that, they've gotten along so well. He respects her and she respects him. 

Jongdae's felt that Soyou's the only one who's seen him as himself, rather than some heir or the son of a large company's CEO. She's only seen him as Jongdae, and he's happy that she does, but inside there's also that sense of fear. Fear that she could be just like any other person in his life who's masked their true self just to get on his good side. But other than that, he's definitely enjoyed his time with her, and she, too feels the same way. 

Kris has noticed during their dates, that Soyou's seemed to be distracted more times that he has been. He would sometimes catch her just staring into space and then begin to giggle, that's when he realizes, it's because of him. Jongdae's been getting to her and he despises him for that. So, he's definitely been stepping up his game, he's made sure he spends more time with Soyou, giving her more attention, and only recently has been getting her gifts. 

On a specific day, Soyou and Jongdae are just wandering the streets of Seoul, going into small shops, and just chatting when Jongdae asks a question, "So, what exactly do you see in your boyfriend Soyou?" he asks curiously looking down at her.

"Hm? What do you mean?" she asks raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I mean. What made you want to go out with him?" 

"I.. uh. Well.." this question sort of got her stuck. She didn't really know what to reply with. Jongdae noticed this and felt guilty. The two were meant to have a fun day together, and he didn't want her to think too much on it.

"I-I'm sorry.." he apologized profusely, "You don't have to answer it if you don't wanna.." 

"Oh.. okay..." she said. 

After that the two were silent for quite a while, not one of them speaking a word. They were left quiet for a while until, "You know. This is the first time I've seen you in something that isn't extremely girly and your hair isn't curled either." he pointed out as the two exited another shop. 

Soyou raised her  eyebrow and looked at her outfit, all she was wearing was a t-shirt, her favorite knee-length shorts, and she was working a  pair of black converse. Her hair was kept in a ponytail and she also had on a navy blue cap. These were the types of clothes Soyou was usually seen wearing before she began her "girly" era.

She chuckled, "Yeah.. This is more comfortable than those stupid skirts and blouses."

Jongdae was quite surprised with her reply, "Then, why bother wearing them?" 

"I guess... its for Kris. Most guys don't like girls with styles like me, or at least if I'm wearing it, they usually go for the girly girl types. So, I just really wanna look good for Kris." she replied, her expression was almost as if she was in some sort of daze and she just had a dopey smile on her face.

"You should dress like this more often, suits you better." this statement caused Soyou to blush lightly and she hit him on the arm.

"Yeah yeah yeah." she rolled her eyes playfully. 

Jongdae sarcastically placed a hand on his arm and made an overreacting hurt expression, "Owww." he whined, "What was that for?"

"That was for being an idiot." she chuckled. 

The playful atmosphere between the two began to return and they soon began joking around and just having fun, and Jongdae could really see her personality. She was really fun and outgoing, and she was not really like what she was in university, she wasn't shy or anything like that. He really enjoyed this side of her.

"Ohh! Let's go get ice cream!" she points over to a cute ice cream shop and he chuckles before she takes his hand and drags him in with her. 

The store had a wide selection and after a few minutes of pondering and asking each other what they were going to get, Soyou just went for chocolate mint, and Jongdae on Apple Pie.  The two took their cones and walked out happily. 

"Soooo.... You got any interests on campus? You know, interests with the opposite ." she asked a sly grin on her face as she moved closer to him. 

Jongdae chuckled before replying, "Nah. No one's caught my eye yet." he said shaking his head. 

"Reaalllyy??" she asked moving even closer to him, making Jongdae's heart race at the contact, but he did his best to calm himself down by eating his ice cream. 

"Yup." he replied simply, but Soyou was not the one to take such an answer.

"Come on Jongdae. There are a lot of hot girls on campus. How could you not be interested in them. Unless, you're gay?" 

Jongdae stifled a guffaw and placed his ice cream on her nose, "Cool down missy. Why are you so interested in my love life hm? Unless... You're interested in me aren't ya?" 

Soyou pouted and wiped away the ice cream, "Yah!" she called out when she saw Jongdae beginning to run down the street, and began chasing after him. She was going to get her revenge she swore, and when Soyou swore about something she'd give it her all. 

Jongdae was laughing and running at the same time, and quickly entered a large park, Soyou quickly following behind him, her ice cream was already melting, but she didn't care, it just gave her more material to use when she was gonna smother his face in it. 

Finally catching up to him, she tackled him onto the ground and sat on his stomach to prevent him from escaping and placed the ice cream against his cheeks, and placed some of it on his nose. She laughed as she saw the sea green liquid on his face. Chen managed to get her off and pinned her to the ground, both of their ice creams melted and on the grass. 

The two faces were only about a few inches apart and they were both breathing heavily. It was a quiet park and people barely passed by leaving the two together alone. As if automatically Jongdae began to move closer, and as their lips were about to touch, Soyou gently pushed him away, turning her face away.

"S-sorry.. I already have Kris." she shyly said, her face was red, and Jongdae could feel himself turning red too. He sat up and moved away from her.

"I'm sorry.." he apologized. Soyou stood up, wanting to leave but before leaving she gave him a nod and a bye, and left the park. Her heart was racing and she couldn't stop thinking about him, but she also felt guilty, she felt as if she was cheating on Kris.

Jongdae on the other hand was a mess, his face was flushed, and he just couldn't believe that he was about to kiss a girl, that already had a boyfriend. He felt so guilty, he didn't want to ruin his already growing friendship with Soyou all because of a kiss. 

He stood up and walked away from the two soggy and melted ice cream cones, the only remnants of their date.

________
 

 

Update! Yehey! I hope yuo guys comment more so I can have more encouragement ^^ I just loooove readng comments. More comments = faster updates! PWEASE! I really need some encouragement you guys D: I'll be giving you guy more SoRis in the next chapter hopefully, so yeah... took me the whole day to do this because I kept going back and forth, sometimes I watch vids and forget then I go back, then get distracted, and back... So yeah. Vicious cycle of back and forthness.... lol.

Anyway, upvote, comment, subscribe, and invite others if you like this story :D Thanks for reading!