Being With Him

I Just Can't Let You Go

"Kris-oppa!" the sweet voice of a girl calls out. She runs towards a young man, tall in height, thick eyebrows, full pink lips, mesmerizingly dark brown eyes, and the body of a god. He was practically any girl's dream boyfriend, which he already is. He was surrounded by his friends who were giving him smug smirks and mocking snickers. 

Soyou had a bright smile on her face, she was panting heavily from having to run over to him and his friends. She shyly hands him a worn-out notebook, it looked as if its pages were filled with so much writing and its two cover pages were also just as worn out as the pages that they concealed, "You forgot this in your classroom. One of the girls in your class picked it up and asked me to give it to you." 

"Thanks." Kris looked at his girlfriend's bright eyes, she felt herself turn a bit red as she looked back at him. He carefully takes the notebook from her hands their fingers grazing each other. She was greatly effected  by this and turned a darker shade of red, whereas he had no expression on his face and proceeded to going through his notebook. The girl gave him a curt nod then left her boyfriend with his group of friends. 

She turned back to see that his expression was much brighter than before when she was there, she expected him to be much happier around her, just as she was with him, but somehow that never seemed to work out. She began to walk on over to her next class. 

~~~~~~~

She could barely focus in class, as she stared at the professor blankly. She kept fidgeting around in her seat trying to get comfortable with the insufferable and itchy skirt she was wearing. She wished she could be in jeans, but she committed that she would start dressing cutely for Kris. Although it caught the eyes of many other boys, she only had one in her heart. 

The memory of her asking Kris out began to go through her mind. It was her first year in the university and he was on his second. She often heard girls squealing over him, and she could hear them giggling and gossiping every time he passed by with the rest of his other handsome friends. It was like love at first sight for her. Every day, she watched from a distance as he flirted with other girls, hung out with his friends, or play basketball. 

Back then, her wardrobe choices were far from what she wears these days. She often wore comfortable baggy jeans, a shirt and either a hoodie or cardigan over it and sneakers. It was plain and simple, but to her it was the best outfit and she wore it every day. Sometimes during hotter days she would go for her knee length shorts.

One day she set in mind that she would ask him out, and if he accepted she vowed she would change her wardrobe, she would start wearing girlier things, she would put on make-up more often, and she would take better care of her looks. When he did accept, she was overjoyed and the first thing she did after her last class was go and start buying new clothes. 

"Miss Kang!" her teacher called for her, rudely bringing her out of her sweet memory, "Would you please answer the question to number 5?"

'Shoot...' she cursed mentally.

~~~~~~~~

She was exhausted when she went out of her classroom, it seemed she said an answer, but it was far from being the right one giving her a scolding from her teacher after class for not listening. She began her walk to the coffee shop located in the university's grounds. She took out her phone and sent Kris a text:

Annyeong ^^ 

How about we meet up in the coffee shop?

Satisfied with her short, but informing text she pressed send and continued her relaxing walk towards the coffee shop. A few minutes later she received a reply from him:

Sure. See you there.

She sighed sadly, she hoped it would have been more affectionate, but somehow when you've been in a relationship for almost a year with him it was somehow normal to get texts like this. It could actually could have been worse. Worse applying that he never replied and just left you there. 

When she entered the shop the smell of coffee beans instantly filled her senses, she smiled, somehow the smell of the bitter beans relaxed her, she always enjoyed going to coffee shops especially this particular one, since it was the place where she asked Kris to go out with her. Walking over to the counter she ordered an americano and after waiting for a number of minutes she quickly took the hot drink and sat at her usual seat by the window. 

The coffee shop was on the second floor of one of the many buildings in the university and it had windows all over the place which had a view of the entire campus, it was quite comforting to look at the entire university, while sipping on a coffee. Sometimes, it would be moments like these where she would take out her camera and start taking pictures. 

She sat there for about an hour, when she sent him another text asking where he is. Another 30 minutes had gone by and he was still not there, it was already late and the last class should have ended by now, and she could see that students had begun entering after class to try and give themselves a temporary pick me up after an exhausting day. There were even some couples who were snuggling with each other and being romantic in secluded corners of the shop, some even shamelessly shared kisses. 

She then called him, but he never picked up. Soyou felt disappointed that he couldn't meet up, and wondered where in the world he was. She stood up, grabbing her coffee, and left the shop and headed home. But on the way there she saw something quite interesting. It was Kris with his friends hanging out with a few girls. Somehow, this didn't seem to surprise her. She just stood there watching in the distance as Kris whispered something into a girl's ear which caused her to giggle. 

She wished she could be that girl. Not once did he treat her like the other girls, but somehow, no matter how painful it was to watch, she still stayed with him. Her love for him was so great that even if he were to have with another girl, she would choose to stay by his side. To many rational people she seemed stupid and blinded, but she didn't mind it one bit. She loved him and that was all that mattered to her. She exerted so much effort into looking good for him, and she loved doing it, even if he didn't seem to notice, she still loved him. 

She sighed, and watched them until they were out of sight. It hurt her heart, but not once did she ever think of wanting to break up with Kris. She loved him dearly and even if the tag that she was his girlfriend and he was her boyfriend didn't mean a thing to him, it meant everything to her. A sad smile creeped onto her face and she continued back on home.

________________

First chapter ^^ Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. This was just an introduction to Soyou and Kris' relationship and what happens on an almost daily basis. Chen will come in later on. So please be patient.

Oh and do you guys know anyone who is willing to give their time to make an awesome poster for the story? If you can please have them contact me!