Gaze

722

Note: Whole thing is in Sunny's POV

Today is my birthday. As usual, I celebrated it with the girls. We rented a cozy room in this posh restaurant. Who chose the restaurant? Well, you didn’t have to ask. It was Sooyoung of course. The odd thing was. She wasn’t here. The girls tried to cheer me up as much as they could, despite having two missing members. It just wasn’t the same when we weren’t complete.

After the meals and dessert, we started drinking. I noticed this thing hours ago, but only after drinking did I find confirmation. Jessica and Yoona were stealing furtive glances from each other. It was evident to me that something was brewing between them. All the other girls must be too damn dense not to notice this. I must have been too preoccupied to not have spotted this earlier.

Once the girls got drunk, chaos ensued. Hyoyeon was dancing her ajumma dance and she had Taeyeon join in with her. Seohyun kept on laughing as Tiffany climbed on the table and sang Christmas songs. Yoona and Jessica were standing opposite ends of the room simply staring at each other. Looks like the alcohol turned their previously covert glances into overt gazes. Jessica then noticed me looking at her and she quickly averted her gaze from Yoona. She fell asleep. Once I checked that the girls were safe from sharp objects and whatnot, I went outside briefly to call my parents and tell them I’m fine. I called them on my phone and returned inside.

After a brief period that they were out of my sight, the girls had already created a ruckus. The tv was a few inches away from falling, Hyoyeon was on Seohyun’s back having a piggyback ride. Taeyeon and Tiffany were dancing on the table and scattering the food everywhere, and Yoona and Jessica were making out. Wait, WHAT?! Yoona and Jessica were making out! Yoona was no longer in the position she was in when I left her. She and Jessica were lying on the long couch with their lips locked together. I thought should I break them apart or not? Was there any need to in the first place? Eh, they’ll just forget in in the morning. I was about to pull Taeyeon and Tiffany from the tables when Taeyeon accidentally knocked me out with the Tupperware she was brandishing around. I lost consciousness immediately.

After a while, I felt someone fanning me and checking on me. I opened my eyes and saw two figures. One was blonde while the other one was a brunette. The blonde one said something. She was wearing a sweater, so I was sure it was Jessica. I couldn’t make out who the other one was though. After a while, my eyes managed to adjust to the brightness of the light and I realized the other figure in front of me was Yoona. “Where are the others?” I immediately blurted out.

“All of them are knocked out.” Jessica replied.

“Wait what’s the time?” I asked. Jessica was signalling Yoona not to respond. Unfortunately for her, Yoona didn’t get her gestures and she answered promptly, “2:30am”

“Aha! Neither of you are drunk!”

“Jessica facepalmed herself and Yoona was aghast.”

I tapped Yoona’s forehead. “No need for your flounderfish expression.”

“Yah! This isn’t my flounderfish expression.”

Jessica slapped her arm. “Really, Yoona?”

“What?” Yoona asked.

I quickly interjected before these two quarrel.

“You didn’t need to hide it from me. You know you could trust me right?” I looked at them. It looks like Yoona gave in, but Jessica was still reluctant.

“Come on. The other girls aren’t here. You can tell me. How long?” I asked them.

“3 months.” Yoona answered.

Jessica slapped her arm again. “Ouch! Stop it!” Yoona was whining cutely. Jessica just looked on amused. She was about to give Yoona a peck when she realized I was there. It looks like she was about to act on impulse, but something reminded her not to.

“Oh, come on, Jessica. We have been friends for so long. Spill.”

She finally gave up and sighed. “Fine, what do you wanna know?”

“So, what exactly is between you two?” I asked eagerly.

“We’re in a relationship.” Jessica answered vaguely.

Sunny rolled her eyes. “Can you not be cryptic for once Jessica?”

Yoona suddenly wrapped an arm around Jessica and pulled her closer. “She’s my girlfriend.” She gushed fondly with a smile as she fixed her gaze on Jessica. Jessica blushed profusely. They were just so adorable. How stupid of me to not have noticed it earlier.

*flashback*

Yoona and Jessica were sharing a soft gaze of affection between them. It would have gone on for fifteen minutes or more if their leader hadn’t interrupted them.

“Uh-hmm. Guys, huddle up. We have some important matter to discuss.”

The girls formed a small circle. Yoona and Jessica were supposed to be beside each other when Sooyoung suddenly wedged herself in between. Jessica faced her with a smile while Yoona had a displeased expression on her face.

----

While we were practicing our choreography for the new Japanese song, Jessica kept whining. Every time she complained, Yoona would stand up hurriedly and get her a drink or turn up the AC. The other members were too tired to notice.

----

Next was-I think their bond was deeper this time- during a photoshoot in a cold area of Japan.

Jessica was looking at Yoona. She was wearing thin clothes and sporting a look of discomfort. After a few moments, Yoona left and hurried back with thicker jackets and a cup of hot cocoa. Jessica was so thankful that she hugged Yoona. Yoona had a look of pride on her face as they chatted while they waited for their turn on the photoshoot.

A while later, Jessica and Yoona got separated. As their gazes again found each other, Yoona left and returned with Jessica’s phone. It was amazing the way they communicated with their eyes. They needed no words to pass between them so that they could understand each other. It was simply incredible.

----

This time was during our performance for the Romantic Fantasy It was the ultimate proof that something was between them.

During the individual performances, the girls stayed on the front row seats to watch. The whole time that Jessica was singing Someday, her eyes were focused intently on Yoona-not counting the times she had to face the crowd. The gaze they shared was simply magnetic. It was evident that it meant more than sisterly affection.

In between break the two of them would play. At times that they had to be away from each other, their eyes would look for the others. Both of them couldn’t avoid breaking into smile every time they shared a long intimate gaze. From an outsider’s point of view, it was simply breath-taking. Breath-taking not because of how pretty the girls were, but because of the intensity of the gaze and the depth of the connection the two shared. It was rare to find and I envy them for being having that.

*flashback end*

It was as if all those memories flashed in my mind. There was something obscuring me from realizing it sooner. It must’ve been the stress and preoccupation with work and whatnot. Now, that I’ve figured it all out though I’m happy for these two.

I wrapped the two of them in a tight hug. “I’m so happy for the two of you.” Despite my partially-inebriated state, I meant those words sincerely. I showed them a full grin. They must’ve thought I was just drunk, or that the impact might’ve altered my mind, but I knew that was not the case. They chuckled lightly and reciprocated my hug.

So, that was what their gaze meant. Their eyes spoke volumes whenever they were directed at each other. It was an undeniable connection that I’m glad  they managed to discover.

They then carried me to one of the vacant couches not occupied by the other sleeping girls. They waited until I fell asleep. I was about to succumb to slumber when Sooyoung and Yuri suddenly barged in. Sooyoung then looked for me and gave a kiss on the forehead.

“Bunny, I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it to your party.” I cutely rubbed my eyes and faced her.

“Don’t worry Soo, we had fun.” The rest of us who were still awake then dragged the other unconscious girls and returned to the dorm. Sooyoung and I were on the seat behind the driver, Yuri was on the passenger seat, while Yoona and Sica were behind whispering sweet nothings to each other.

Sooyoung gave me an inquisitive look and I just returned a knowing smile. Knowing Jessica and Yoona shared something special was a good addition to the birthday gifts I got from the girls. I then leaned my head on Sooyoung’s shoulder as I drifted on to dreamland.

----

A/N:

Lol,  super late update for Sunny's birthday. :)) Ok, guys, I won't ask you to choose what I should work on next. As much as I want to involve you, I end up feeling more pressure. Anyway, rest assured thatn Laundrylady is near completion. It'll be out on or before Yoona's birthday.

Comments are very much appreciated. Thanks for reading. Guys, do comment on difficulty. I want to know what you think.

Please vote here too (for those who have ssf accounts, especially Yoonaddicts). The competition still lacks participation and it's nearly ending.

http://www.soshified.com/forums/topic/89549-contest-yoonas-fanfic-competition/

Thanks. Also, for Yoonsicretives, add yourself here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/YoonSic/596251550392315/. We might probably have a gathering (for those in PH)