Wash

722

Yoona was at the wash. She’s been motionless for more than half a minute. Sooyoung was making the most of it. Sooyoung’s been waving her hand in front of Yoona’s face for some time now to no avail.

She was too obtuse to notice the state her dear friend was in. Another wave of a hand and she stopped. It was wet. Her hand had gotten wet. She stopped making fun of Yoona and looked her straight in the eye. Tears were falling.

“Oh my gosh! Are you alright?”

Yoona stood up with a start and hurriedly wiped away the tears. “I’m fine. I’m fine. Don’t make an issue.”

“What do you take me for?”

Yoona just looked at her in disbelief.

“Whatever.” “What the heck has gotten into you?” Sooyoung pointedly exclaimed.

“God, Sooyoung. Keep it down will you?”

Sooyoung shot Yoona a questioning stare as she led the both of them to sit.

“Okay, I’ll tell you….. It’s Jessica.” Yoona relented.

“What, Jessica, my housemate?” Sooyoung was at a loss.

“Yeah, Jessica my seatmate last year.”

“So?”

“She sits beside me from time to time.”

“And?” Sooyoung prodded.

“I wish she wouldn’t.” Yoona voice softened.

“Why? But you’re friends?”

“Yeah, we are. But it hurts whenever she talks to her other seatmate.”

“Which one?”

“Yuri.”

“Oh, Yuri. Yeah, she flirts with almost everyone.”

“Yeah, I feel so out of place when they do that. They’re groupmates in that nasty subject.”

“Ohhhh, and?”

“And what?” Yoona was already frowning by this time.

“And…” Sooyoung wasn’t entirely sure Yoona would like where this was going. “…you’re jealous.”

“Am not.”

“Oh my God. You are.”

“That’s not true.”

“You’re blushing like a tomato Yoona.”

“I am not.”

“You’re statement is not valid. I have proof.” Sooyoung pulled out a mirror.

Yoona took it and turned even redder.

“Oh, just shut it Soo.”

“Why were you crying then?”

“I don’t know. The wash just kept turning and it kinda told me it was okay to cry.”

“You do know that doesn’t answer my question.”

“I don’t know how to answer your question.”

“Oh God Yoona, just tell Jessica to go back to her seat.” Sooyoung almost shouted.

Yoona clamped her hand on her mouth. ”Shut up.”

Sooyoung pulled off her wrinkly hand. “Ew, your hand is really gross. Just tell her to stop sitting beside you. Tell her I’m your new favorite seatmate.”

“I can’t do that. She misses me.”

“God, Yoona. You’re so daft.” Sooyoung hit Yoona’s head with flick.

“Aww, that hurts.”

“Are you sure she misses you. Or is it the other way around?”

“God Soo. She keeps messaging me that she misses me. I tell her that I miss her too. I feel obligated to reciprocate.”

“But do you really miss her?”

“Uh,……she’s the only one I talk to in class regularly, the entire year. I’m like her confidante.”

“Shut up Yoona. You’re evading everything and just making things up. You’re making castles out of rotten cement.”

“I absolutely do not understand how that was related, but thanks anyway Soo. I’ll take our laundry up now.”

“Oh, you prick. I’ll tell Jessica to go back to her seat.” Yoona’s glare made Sooyoung feel like she was literally in hell.

She raised her hands up in surrender. “Fine, just get our laundry.”

-----

A/N: This is another take on the same thing. A humorous attempt? I hope

Sucky ending. I know. I didn't know how to end it.

Thanks for bearing with me. I miss aff. Can't even read my favorite fics.