Presents

722

 

Note: This is a genderbender story and Yoona is male in this fic.

 

I feel like I’m treading on dangerous grounds. This was not supposed to happen.

 

-A few hours ago-

 

“Jessi, come with. It’s like the party of the century. Taeyeon always throws the best parties. It’s Christmas break, you have to let loose and enjoy yourself.”

 

“Yoona, I’ve got to prepare for my trip on Sunday. My parents might kill me if I forget to buy the things they asked me to.”

 

“Suit yourself. It’s just it wouldn’t feel right partying without you. You know someone needs to keep me in check.”

 

“So you’re asking me for a favor then. You want me to go ‘cause you need me.” Jessica was willing to go, however, where would be the fun in it if Yoong didn’t plead.

 

“Alright, alright, Jessica, please go to the party with me ‘cause I need you.”

 

“Wait, isn’t Fany coming to the party?” Jessica suddenly remembered Yoong’s girlfriend of two weeks.

 

“She is, but she’s going there with friends.”

 

“Oh, she’s going already. Then you already have someone there to stop you from doing idiotic things if you end up wasted.” Jessica was still trying to find a way around it.

 

“Come on it’s Christmas, please pretty please. Do it as your Christmas gift for me.”

 

“For your information, Im Yoona, I already left my gift for you under the Christmas tree and you can’t ask me for another one.”

 

“Please, Jessica, make it my birthday gift then.”

 

“Your birthday’s not until May.”

 

“An advance present.” Yoona begged with an adorable pout and puppy dog eyes.

 

That did the trick. Jessica just can not offer any resistance to Yoong’s aegyo. “Fine, fine, pick me up at 6, okay?”

 

“Yes!” Yoona pumped her fist in the air. “Thank you Jessica.”

Yoona left and Jessica just chuckled at her friend’s antics. She couldn’t avoid letting out a disappointed sigh as she observed Yoona’s figure disappear from view.

 

Truth is she had been in the best friend zone for quite a while now. It was evident to others that they both had feelings for each other. They just didn’t have the guts to have themselves undergo a risk and in the process lose their friendship. Jessica, for one, felt it was wrong to like her best friend. She had spent numerous sleepless nights ridding herself of inappropriate thoughts that involved her best friend. She had been successful, or so she thought.

 

The party was a blast as usual. The majestic air exuded by the house was lost in the smoke and noise produced by the guests. Jessica and Yoona had arrived at the porch and had just entered the house.

 

Jessica was ahead by one step and she would’ve gotten into less trouble if she hadn’t noticed the mistletoe hanging by the doorway leading to the living room and the numerous guys standing underneath it. She instinctively grabbed Yoong and they passed by the doorway at the same time.

 

“Not so fast guys.” Taecyeon suddenly interrupted.

 

“What seems to be the problem Taecyeon?”

 

Taecyeon pointed up to the mistletoe.

 

“You passed by a mistletoe, genius.”

 

“So?”

 

“So, you know, you need to…” And here Taecyeon made kissing sounds.

 

“You can’t force us to do anything against our will.”

 

“Why, does your girlfriend keep you in a tight leash?” Taecyeon and the boys snickered.

 

“I don’t have time to play games with you, Taecyeon.”

 

“Why, is little Miss blondie here not good enough for the tall and mighty Im Yoong?” Taeceyeon said smugly.

 

Yoona didn’t know how to answer that question. He turned to Jessica and saw her questioning eyes aimed at him too. He had no idea how he should respond without Jessica getting offended, so instead of answering, he kissed her.

 

It sent electrical waves to both of them. There was an unexplainable spark that both of them were unaware of. Jessica was surprised, but later relaxed into Yoong’s embrace and responded to his kiss. It was going well and neither of them even had thought of stopping until.

 

“Uhm. I think that’s enough.” An oddly familiar voice cleared and said.

 

Yoong and Jessica abruptly pulled themselves apart and turned to look at the owner of the voice.

 

“Tiffany, it’s not what it looks like.” Jessica was the first to regain her composure, as difficult as it seemed.

 

Yoong was simply nodding like a fool with fear in his eyes and guilt gnawing at his insides.

 

Tiffany pulled Yoong’s wrist and left Jessica unsure of what to do. She simply strolled to the drinks table to grab a drink and went to the balcony to reflect on what had just happened.

 

Jessica was simply staring at the stars deep in thought.

 

Yoona had been standing meters away from her simply adoring her pensive countenance. He thought it a sin to interrupt such a scene that looked as if it was taken from a priceless painting.

 

Jessica was about to go back to get more drinks and possibly go home when she found Yoong staring at her with a smile on his face.

 

“Yoong, what are you doing there standing there?”

 

Yoong struggled for a quick excuse. “Oh, I was just looking for you.” He scratched the back of his nape in embarrassment.

 

“But you look like you’ve been standing there for quite a while.” Jessica was honestly baffled with Yoong’s actions.

 

“Ah, Tiffany and I talked.” He thought he should just cut to the chase. “We called it quits.”

 

“Yoong, I’m sorry. I cost you your relationship. I’m sorry, it was my fault. It was, it was…..” Jessica was about to say mistake.

 

Luckily, Yoong cut her off with a hug. Jessica instantly felt butterflies in her tummy.

 

“Don’t say sorry Jessica. If it was anyone’s fault, it was mine. I’m sorry I kissed you without permission; I’m sorry you had to face Tiffany’s rage; I’m sorry I got carried away and I’m sorry I’ve been a wimp.”

 

“Huh?” Jessica pulled away briefly to observe Yoong’s countenance and gauge the situation. However, it just left her more perplexed than ever.

 

“Jessica, Tiffany and I talked and she made me realize just how in love I am with you.”

 

This left Jessica speechless, jaw hanging, mouth agape. She never expected this sudden turn of events.

 

Yoong chuckled at her cute expression. “You can just reply with “I love you too, Yoong.” or you can tell me to back…” Yoong wasn’t able to finish his sentence as he felt soft lips on his. They both kissed like it was their first time. They kissed gently and slowly and every single worry was washed away from their thoughts.

 

When the need for air became a pressing matter, they finally moved apart. They smiled contentedly and leaned on each other for a while. Neither of them spoke a word and simply enjoyed the other’s company.

 

“Isn’t it pathetic that Tiffany was the one who had to point out our undeniable attraction for each other?” Yoong received a smack on his head.

 

“Simply attraction?” It was Jessica’s turn to pout.

 

Yoong simply smiled and kissed Jessica’s cheek. “It’s a lot more than that.”

 

Jessica, contented with Yoong’s answer, returned a genuine smile of her own

 

“Well, aren’t we too dense that it took a mistletoe for us to realize that we love each other immensely?”

 

“A mistletoe and Taecyeon and his gang that is.” Yoong tapped Jessica’s nose with his finger and intertwined their fingers together.

 

“Let’s go Sica, we need to get you prepared for your trip.”

 

“Really?” Jessica asked with a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

 

“Really.” Yoong answered with a sincere smile.

 

It turned out that going to the party was a Christmas present for both of them.

 

------

A/N:

My Christmas present for all you Yoonsicretives and even those who aren't, but just stumbled upon this fic.

Hope you like it and Advance Merry Christmas to you all!

Comments, suggestions, and complaints are appreciated.