Endorsement

722

A/N: I was actually watching this to keep me awake while studying when the idea entered my mind.

----

Jessica’s voice was ringing throughout the venue as she sang and danced with vigor. With every wave, bounce and gesture, Yoona’s smile kept inching into oblivion. This girl never failed to surprise her.

The company couldn’t have asked for a better endorser.  The girl made it appear like she genuinely loved the brand. As an idol, fans were plentiful. The company knew that and they used it to their advantage. They capitalized on the fact that whatever the idol used, fans would follow suit. As they saw the number of people in attendance, the executives now understood the pull this idol had and they assured themselves that they had chosen the right person to carry their company’s name.

The dancers paled in comparison to the main girl. She captured the audience’s attention. She took to the stage with confidence and she wowed every single person from the crowd. She owned the stage. Each smile, sway of hips, movement of lips; basically, everything she did was met with the fans’ voracious eyes. The attention was on her and it was not in her vocabulary to shy away from it. She just followed the steps and acted jolly. That was what the script said.

As her ending pose came, Jessica was very relieved to leave the spotlight. She had agreed to this but she didn’t know that this many people would be watching her live performance. As she left the stage, enthusiastic clapping was heard and she bowed in gratitude.

Yoona was very much satisfied with the performance. She couldn’t stop herself from clapping minutes after the show was over. She was still left in awe that she stayed in her position for quite some time.

Jessica’s eyes roamed around the area. The person she expected to see the first thing she reached the backstage was nowhere to be seen. She sighed in disappointment as the company’s Publicity Head approached her and offered her some tissue paper to wipe off her sweat.

“Thanks.” Jessica smiled as she accepted.

“Can we talk about the contract?” The executive led her to a room as he leaned on the side of the table.

Jessica looked at him expectantly. He had a cocky smile plastered on his face as he striked up a conversation. “Why’d you take it?”

“What?”

“The endorsement.”

“Why not?”

“You’re evading the question.”

“It’s good money.”

“You don’t really strike me as a greedy lady.”

“Is this still about the contract?” The guy tilted his head as he moved his lips to form a futile excuse.

“Technically. I read up your contract and there seems to be a lot of clauses in it.”

“Yeah. They’re my requests.”

“Yeah. I was wondering about that. The performance?”

“What about it?”

“Well, normally, the girls are supposed to be throwing themselves on the rapper. Why aren’t you?”

“You said you’ve read the contract.”

“I have. I’m wondering why.”

“I’m Jessica Jung.”

“And?”

“I don’t roll that way.”

“Oh.” The guy had a disbelieving expression on her face that Jessica would’ve wanted to wipe off.

“Really? Why’d you take the offer? From rumors, in the corporate world, I’ve heard that you’re a very difficult model. You don’t just take any offer. Plus, I’ve heard from the grapevine that another unnamed car brand offered you a higher price.”

Jessica frowned. What was this guy up to?

“Why, Jessica Jung? Why?”

It’s none of your business. She was about to reply.

To her relief and elation, her knight came to her rescue. Yoona slipped in unnoticed as she smoothly held Jessica’s waist and pulled her closer.

“It’s upon my request. She wouldn’t take it if not for my prodding.” Shock registered in Jessica’s eyes. Nobody knew about them and Yoona insisted that it was to remain that way. She was perplexed at the sudden revelation.

Yoona rubbed her back in comfort. The guy was taken aback. He was at a loss for words. “Uhh,.. Y-You…” He pointed to Yoona then to Jessica. “a-and..her?” He was not taking it so well.

“Yes. And if it wouldn’t be too much of a bother, we’d like some time alone. Right, pumpkin?” Yoona blinked her eyes cutely as she placed a chaste kiss onto Jessica’s lips.

The guy was awfully taken by surprise. Still befuddled he staggered backwards till he felt the door and hurriedly left with what seemed like a disgruntled and slightly repulsed expression.

Once the guy left, Jessica faced Yoona and wrapped her arms around the girl’s torso.

“Was that guy hitting on you, sweetie?”

“Not really.”

“Tell me. I’ll have him fired.”

“There’s no need. I won’t be seeing him anyway.” She lightly hit Yoona’s shoulder. “What took you so long?”

“I’m so sorry. I was so taken in by your performance that I froze to the ground.” Yoona smiled.

“Quit joking around.”

“I’m not kidding. I was standing there for a good five minutes at least.” Yoona told her with a genuine smile. “Wouldn’t have moved, if not for one of your fans who kind of recognized me from one of your photos. He talked to me asking me to apply to your fanclub.” Yoona chuckled.

“For real?”

“Yeah. I was about to fill out the form when I remembered you.”

“Not that.” Jessica conveniently ignored Yoona’s statement.

“Huh?”

“You stood there for five minutes?”

“Yeah, I swear. Take a look at the cctv records.” Yoona placed Jessica’s hand on her heart. “Why would I lie to you anyway? Love means never having to lie.” Yoona looked at her intently. Their gazes locked.

They were moving closer by each second until Jessica moved away. “Wait, where’d you get that from?”

“Huh?” Yoona ended up scratching her nape. “You do realize you ruined a moment there.”

Jessica seemed clueless. “Whatever, you picked that line up somewhere.”

“What?”

“Love means never having to lie. Where’s it from? Wait, it’s from Love Story isn’t it?”

“Fine. But I made it up. Technically, it’s my line.”

“You copied it.” Jessica started jabbing at her chest.

“ert.”

“Hey, you’re changing the topic. Tsk tsk.” Yoona looked at her disapprovingly. “Fine, let’s drop it.” Jessica relented.

“Wow, you sure are a girl full of surprises. I thought you were lazy. Your performance proved me wrong. I thought you were always stubborn. Clearly not.”

“Love changes us.”

“Whoa.”

“Now, that’s what I call my own line.”

Yoona stuck her tongue out. Jessica just scoffed. “Now, you just ruined a moment.” Jessica shook her head in disappointment. Yoona couldn’t help her snickers.

“You sure are one odd girl.”

“Whatever. Let’s go Miss Marketing Manager. I’m sure your President has a bunch of praises for you.”

“And questions too, like how’d you get a hold of Jessica Jung? And I’d answer him with ‘what do you mean get a hold? I hold her to sleep every night.’” Yoona pretended to say that with a smug grin on her face.

A light slap was sent her way. “Yah! Stop bragging!” Jessica whined.

“I’m kidding.”

“Aren’t you worried he might tell?”

“He won’t. He just got rejected by the prettiest girl in all of Korea. Trust me, that guy’s full of himself. Not one word will come out of him.”

“Fine.” Jessica sighed.

“Thank you.” Jessica smiled. She loved that about Yoona. The girl never failed to say thank you for every little thing.

“You’re more than welcome dear.” They rubbed their noses against each other’s. “That reminds me. How come my contract has a lot of clauses, you know requests and stuff. Oh that was all me. Those were my demands. Won’t have my girl violated by a guy who doesn’t know how to keep his hands to himself.” Yoona looked like she was about to wage war as she said that.

“Oh Yoongie, you’re so cute.” Jessica pinched her cheeks, And with that, they left the room to attend to guests.

----

A/N: Was pretty upset a while ago. I had aready written three paragraphs when my laptop suddenly turned off. It turns out my sister had accidentally moved my extension wire, cutting off my power. Good thing I still had the words in my mind.