Concede

722

A cursory glance fills me in with the many details of your precarious relationship. You always had this tinge of neuroticism in you, yet nobody really minded. It just added to your assets. Lots of people are enamored of you and you know that perfectly well. I wouldn’t exactly say you were pig-headed since you only bragged on certain occasions; moreover, the manner with which you boasted is jovial and indifferent.

You chatted lively with people around you. You always had this ability to lure people in, to make them listen, to shower their attention to you. It was a natural gift that wasn’t bestowed on just anyone. You had that power and we were completely under your spell.

The distinctly content smile etched across your features tells me that she was enough. That your relationship might not be at all stable, but that was enough. No sweet gestures radiated between you two , but the underlying bond was there. The palpable trust that lies between you two triggers envy to shoot up within me.

As the conversation pools in and the alcohol seeps through our veins, topics begin to waver and quickly shift. The way she so confidently observes and stays put leaves me in awe and admiration. She wholeheartedly gave her heart to you despite knowing your tendencies. She blindly placed her trust in you conveniently ignoring your history. The gravity of this knowledge coerced me to concede.

There was just no stealing you away from her. There was no sweeping you off your feet. She was all you needed and more. I could never compete. She gave you her world, but all you gave her were distress. She gave you anything and everything, but you couldn’t even give her a teeny tiny bit of consideration. You were impossible-difficult-to handle, yet she stood by you. She stayed beside you. How was I to compete with that? It suddenly made me wonder if I could last with you. It was known that you were always a handful and here I was thinking my love was different, that I could throw away everything for there to be an us.

But with what my eyes see, I now know there is no other option but to quit. I lost to her. I cannot continue on this quest when I’ve already hit a concrete wall a long time ago. You were my dream, my wishes, my all, but it seems that you may as well have been a star: something so dear, yet unattainable. That’s how you are and always will be.

----

So you don't get confused, this is in Yoona's POV. She's talking about Sica and the other girl is Tiffany.

----

A/N: Guys, you have to deal with the fact that I have the inherent need in me to be cryptic. Please use your imaginations when all else seems unclear. Sometimes I intend it to appear that way. Just know that all these are yoonsic. Some may end well, other not so much. This fic, for example is about Yoona letting go.

Thanks for reading. I haven't updated in a while. I have to keep up with acaademics since I plan to get into a good med school.