Cold

722

The freezing cold weather unceremoniously wakes me up from my slumber. Looking left and right, I pick out from my memories the things I’ve got to do this morning.

Extremely low temperatures by far have been recorded everywhere and anywhere. Climate change will definitely change our way of living. As I sneeze and shiver, I am suddenly reminded of you and your idiosyncratic fondness for the cold.

Where might you be? I shake off thoughts of you and decide to start the day with a full breakfast. I sluggishly head to the kitchen only to be surprised by the delectable waft of pancakes.

I hurriedly walked into the dining area to find Sooyoung and Tiffany flirting with each other again on the kitchen counter. The pile of pancakes sitting gregariously on the table, untouched.

Right now, I have two options: one, yell at Sooyoung severely for bringing Tiffany home again, I’m pretty sure her Dad, my Uncl,e will chop my head off soon; two, stealthily crawl towards the pancakes and get the whole plate. For this instance, I chose the latter. I was too groggy to put up a decent fight with Sooyoung and I was really famished. Fortunately, the two of them were too engrossed with each other to notice that I took half of the pancakes they made.

I carefully retired to my room. I switched the radio on to my favourite station in hopes of squashing the growing hope within me. The flame inside of me never did die down. No matter how much effort you put into demeaning me, I never took offense. I knew what you were doing. As painful as it was, I still appreciated it.

Every time the cold came, it always reminded me of you. Against my will, a whirlwind of emotions engulfs me and places me in a state of melancholy which I am unable to escape from. The stinging in my chest is magnified as tears unconsciously fall down my face. I wallow in memories of us that is and always be what they are, simply memories. I know I’m only hurting myself, but what else is there to do?

A resounding question echoes in my head: Jessica, why must you leave me in desolation?

----

A/N: A short piece. I'm beginning to write again :)