Endless Eclipse

722

 

The sun was attached to the earth and the moon was found near Jupiter. They were distant celestial bodies yet fate had them meet coincidentally.

 

The sun and moon once had a love affair. The sun fell in love with the moon and wanted to profess his love for her. However, the moon, fearing the gods’ anger, eloped with Sirius, another star. She hoped that this would deter the sun. She chose Sirius for he had fewer responsibilities than the other stars and she had hoped that this would appease the gods.

 

She couldn’t have been more wrong. The gods had gotten so upset that they had the moon chased out of her orbit and even out of the Milky Way. Sirius left the moon and didn’t even bother defending her for he didn’t want to meddle in the gods’ business. The gods had gotten incensed because the sun had fled and left the earth without any heat. The people had gotten bemused with the sudden occurrence and ceased praising the gods and providing them with tributes. The moon was left to suffer the gods’ wrath since she was the cause of the oddity and the sun was nowhere to be found.

 

The sun, greatly worried with the moon’s well-being, hurriedly appeared. He surrendered himself to the gods and took all the blame.

 

“I am willing to accept any form of punishment you are to bestow upon me. The moon is not to blame. I acted solely of my own accord and she had no knowledge whatsoever of my actions.”

 

The gods, greatly touched by the sun’s willingness to sacrifice himself, conferred upon the sun and the moon the punishment of providing light to the planet earth. Unlike before where the sun had the sole responsibility of providing light to Earth, there were now two bodies assigned to do this task. The moon was utterly surprised with the gods’ decision, but nonetheless, accepted it without complaint. The sun was simply relieved and happy with how things went.

 

The moon still felt awkward with what she did to the sun so they remained apart, alternating in their task to provide light. One day, the moon decided to fix things and crept behind the sun to settle things. She felt so loved that she gave him a backhug. The sun was startled, but elated that the moon finally reciprocated his feelings. Under the roof of the galaxy, they confessed their love to each other. From that day on, they were always together and could never be apart. And that is how, the endless eclipse came into being.

 

A/N:

This is some spur-of-the-moment drabble. It's obviously not Yoonsic, but you can be imaginative and see it as one. :)) Thanks to the readers