Mochi

722

It was a Saturday and on Saturdays friends usually hung out in malls. These particular two people were friends and so they were roaming about inside the mall. Yoona and Jessica were strolling around the mall when Jessica suddenly saw a Mochi stall.

“Ooh, I want one.”

“Okay, let’s get you some.”

They then walked towards the stall and talked to the lady in charge.

“Hello ladies, which ones do you want?”

“I’ll take one red bean and one sweet potato. How ‘bout you Yoona?” Jessica said as she faced Yoona with an enthusiastic countenance.

“Wow, you’re really this excited about mochi.” Yoona chuckled which earned her a light slap on the arm from Jessica.

“Yes, I am and I’m wondering why you aren’t.”

“I have a box of those at home.” While they were having a playful banter, the woman was patiently waiting for Yoona’s order. When Yoona took notice of her attentive stare, she quickly gave out her orders.

“Oh, we’re sorry for taking too long Ajumma. I’ll just have the red velvet one.” Yoona told her with a smile.

“Okay, just read the guidelines in eating a mochi while I pack these.” The ajumma told them.

The two of them continued to tease each other while the ajumma placed their purchases in a bag.

“Here you go. Enjoy the mocha.”

“Thank you.” They replied in unison. Yoona just stuck her tongue out at Jessica.

----

Upon reaching the park, they sat on a bench and took out the mochi.

Jessica excitedly took out hers and immediately placed it inside before Yoona could stop her.

“Oh my, Jessica! What are you doing? That’s going to stick to your tongue!”

Luckily, Jessica bit on the delicacy. However, instead of getting stuck on her tongue, it got stuck to her upper teeth. Jessica had braces on which made it more painful.

“Take it out, Yoona.” Jessica yelled in a muffled voice.

“What? I can’t understand you.” This time Jessica gestured with her hands.

“Oh, you want me to take it out?” Jessica nodded fervently.

Yoona tried to take it out with her hands, but the mochi was stuck to deep and it stung her fingers causing it to turn red.

“Jessica, it’s too cold!”

“If you think it’s cold on your finger, what more on my teeth!” Jessica yelled, but Yoona didn’t understand a thing. Jessica then gestured to . Yoona looked at her with a perplexed countenance.

Jessica texted her, “Use your teeth. They say teeth is stronger than bones.”

“What? Are you serious?”

She again received a text, “I’m serious. This is painful and uncomfortable!”

“Fine, fine.”

Yoona then moved the bag away and tried biting on the mochi. It was still cold, but its temperature had already risen up a little. The mochi kept on slipping from her teeth so she moved forward to bite on it more. Jessica was intently looking at the mocha that she didn’t notice Yoona’s proximity.

Yoona was already biting and pulling with all her might. Jessica was also moving her head up to assist her. Unfortunately for them, Yoona’s friend Sooyoung chose that moment to surprise Yoona. She slightly shoved Yoona’s shoulders without looking at what the girl was doing.

Due to Sooyoung’s force that propelled Yoona forward, she and Jessica ended up in an accidental liplock. Jessica was frozen, while Yoona lost her grip on the mochi. Jessica’s subconscious kicked in and she stayed slack while Yoona still struggled to get the mochi out. Since Jessica was threatening to close , Yoona had to push it open as she nearly took the mochi out with her teeth and tongue. Once she successfully engulfed the food into , she gave Jessica a quick peck and pulled away.

She then ate the mochi and faced Sooyoung with a hard stare. “Look, what you’ve done to her?”

Sooyoung shrugged nonchalantly. Yoona shook Jessica twice and clapped her hands which successfully took Jessica out of her momentary stupor.

“Hey, I took it out already.” Jessica’s face was slowly turning into a color of deep crimson. Yoona knew how she felt.

“Come on, it’s alright. Let’s go home.” She then pulled Jessica up and went to her house with Sooyoung.

She ushered Jessica inside her house and gave her the bag of mochi.

That was the only time the girl finally spoke up. “No, no, no, I’m not having any of these again. You take them.” She pushed the bag towards Yoona.

Yoona looked at her uncertainly. “O-kay. We’ll be going now.” Before she left she heard Jessica’s soft whisper. “Thanks, I guess.”

Yoona no longer took a glance in Jessica’s direction since she was pretty sure the girl was as red as a tomato right now.

Once she and Sooyoung got out of earshot, Sooyoung spoke. “Aww, it’s pretty sad that you won’t be eating mocha anymore.” She was obviously teasing Yoona.

“Why?”

“You won’t be able to kiss her anymore.” Sooyoung gushed with a teasing smirk.

Yoona stuck out her tongue at her. “I don’t need mochi to do that.”

Sooyoung only looked at her with a puzzled expression and they just continued to walk on.

----

A/N: Something brief to entertain you while I finish the last parts of Laundrylady. Sorry about the awkward thing again, I guess I'm a bit fond of it.

Btw, I made a Yoonfany one-shot collection, if you are interested: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/453806

To Yoonsicretives, join this group for updates and possible gatherings: https://www.facebook.com/groups/YoonSic/

Thanks for reading. Comments are appreciated.