Pest

All Over Again
2 Pest 
 
"Have you heard? There's a new kid!" Chanyeol leaned over intentively, listening in on their conversation. He immediately got up and walked away from the bench. He didn't know why everyone was getting so worked up over the new kid. There has been plenty of new kids coming and going for a long time. He sat down under an apple tree, that now was covered with blankets of snow, and skooted 3 centimeters to the left. Chanyeol knew what was coming if he didn't skoot. An icicle fell from a branch above him, and landed right beside him. He knew too well what was going to happen.
 
He leaned his head back against the tree's trunk. As his eyes shut, thoughts would cloud his head. It's not new that all he could think about was Kris, Kai, and Kyungsoo. Their faces filled his head. He remembered everything. Kris, with his arms wrapped around him. Kai, teaching him to dance. Kyungsoo, taking him out for icecream. 
 
They're all gone. He reminded and mentally punched himself. If only there was someone there to tell him that it was going to happen again. Maybe he wouldn't be hurt like he was now.
 
"May I sit here?" A loud voice broke his thoughts. He looked up and saw Baekhyun standing there, smiling.
"Find somewhere else to sit." Chanyeol said softly, but commandingly. Baekhyun looked around all the places he could sit at, but he didn't want to sit anywhere else.
"Please! Let me sit here!" Baekhyun begged.
Chanyeol had a change of heart. "Whatever, just sit." Baekhyun eagerly clapped his hands and sat down next to him. Chanyeol smirked and closed his eyes, waiting.
 
Baekhyun started screaming, "OW!" He felt his head hurt. 
"Why didn't you tell me the icicle was going to drop on me?" Baekhyun asked with innocent eyes.
Chanyeol bursted out laughing, stood up and slowly walked away. He laughed at the way Baekhyun screamed out when that damn icicle fell on top of his head. Chanyeol, a change of heart? There's no way. Not this quick.
 
As he neared the main quad of the school, he heard the band playing music. And...people partying. He saw what everyone was so happy about. The pep rally for the basketball team. 
 
Basketball, that word haunted him over and over again everyday. Basketball. Basketball. Kris. Basketball. Kris played basketball. Kris is one of his best friends. No scratch that. Kris was one of his best friends. 
 
Seeing the basketball team celebrating without Kris, pained Chanyeol. He wished Kris was still here. He wished Kris would still have his arms around him, protecting him wherever he went. His face appeared in Chanyeol's mind for the hundredth time. His features were unfrogettable. From his orange hair to his sharp manly eyes. 
 
Chanyeol, just couldn't believe that they were no longer friends. He still cared for Kris. It's just that he didn't see Kris anymore.
 
"We should go get food!"  Some shouted at Chanyeol's ear. He turned around, surprised. It was Baekhyun.
"I heard they have sushi! Let's go!" Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's arm and pulled him towards the food section. Chanyeol immediately pulled his arm back. He didn't want to be anywhere near the basketball players. Nor did he want to be here at all. All the memories of Kris were killing him. 
 
Chanyeol walked away from Baekhyun and the crowd and sat down on the green bench.
Kris, Chanyeol said to himself in his thoughts, why did you leave.
 
He couldn't understand it himself. They used to do everything together. Kris would take him out for yogurt. He would invite Kris for a sleepover. They would have a flashlight signals since Kris lived across the street. One flash would mean 'S.O.S.' Two flashes would mean 'come over.' 3 flashes would mean 'let's sneak out.'
 
They used to do all that together, until Kris got went missing.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
 
» This chapter is so uncerative, ugh. ):