Chronicle

All Over Again
18 Chronicle 
 
As the Frost Tree grew inch by inch, Chanyeol was rapidly shattering into pieces. He sat on his couch on that day and had thoughts of sadness. He had just lost another one of his best friends, and it didn't feel so good.
 
He grabbed his coat and ran out the door.
 
"Where are you going?" His mom hollered. He ignored her and ran in the deep snow. Nothing could stop him from running towards Baekhyun now.
 
 
Chanyeol had a feeling he knew where Baekhyun got crashed. He ran and glided on the ice as he bumped into people. Everyone around looked at him in a disgusted way because he was acting very rude. Chanyeol had no care in the world at the moment. 
 
As he approached the destination, his boggled with curiosity. What did Baekhyun need to tell him? That he was going to die and leave just like this?
 
Chanyeol had arrived at the crime scene in less than ten minutes. The thought of having metabolism when Baekhyun just died scares him. He pushed through the crowd and saw Baekhyun lying there, in an odd position. Scars have formed all over his body. And a couple drop of blood was dripping too. The police officers were talking to the bus driver that crashed Baekhyun.
 
Chanyeol couldn't believe it. This was just like Kai all over again. Kai and Baekhyun were both late for their meet up with Chanyeol. Chanyeol squatted down on the ground. Baekhyun was the most comforting friend he's ever had. No one could replace him, but now he's gone.
 
Why couldn't things just work out right for Chanyeol whenever he made a new friend? Why do things always end up like this in the end? 
 
The police officers were telling people to continue walking and stop staring. Chanyeol slowly turned adnd trudged against the snow. Tears were starting to form in his eyes. He clasp his face with his right hand and fell in the snow. Luckily, no one was there to witness what he was about to do next. He got on his knees and started to scream. Streams of tears were now falling down his face.
 
His hands formed into a fist and he started punching the snow. He cried and sobbed for Baekhyun to come back. 
 
"You bad person!" He yelled out to the sky. "You promised me you'd always be here for me!" He slowly lie down on the blankets of snow, watching the stars.
 
"Where are you now?!" Those were the final words that Chanyeol screamed out.
--
It has been a week since Baekhyun died, and Chanyeol has been miserable. He stays in bed all day and gets up for a sip of water a day. His mom definitely knows what's up but doesn't bring it up. 
 
"I want you to go out for at least an hour." Chanyeol's mom firmly said. "No ifs, ands, or buts." She gave him his coat and pushed him out of the house.
 
Chanyeol shivered. He hadn't been out in a wild and had forgotten how cold it still was outside. It didn't surprise him that is was still snowing. He had been watching the snow through his window. And he would sometimes have annoying kids throw snowballs at his window.
 
Chanyeol tucked on his coat and wrapped his scarf carefully around his neck. He decided to go for a walk around the neighborhoods.
 
He missed Baekhyun so much. From his phone calls to him randomly showing up at Chanyeol's house. He missed his goofy smiles whenever he saw Chanyeol. What still really irritated his was the fact that he never got to find out what Baekhyun was hiding from him. As he thought about all of this, he didn't realize that the neighborhood he was walking through was Baekhyun's neighborhood. Chanyeol's thoughts suddenly erupted by the sound of people moving boxes around.
 
There were workmen carrying boxes out of Baekhyun's house. Chanyeol could tell they didn't want to be working on a freezing, snowy day. He walked over to see what they was in those boxes they were carrying. He took a small peek at each of the boxes. There were Baekhyun's stuff such as stuffed animals and books. He even saw the alpalca he got Baekhyun at the festival.
 
Then, something caught his eye. It was in the boxes full of books. It has a rainbow binding and picture of a unicorn on it. Chanyeol slowly opened the book on the first page.
 
"His diary..." Chanyeol gave a small gasp.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»Thank you for all of your kind words! I really appreciate it!