Downer

All Over Again
12 Downer 
 
"Sorry I didn't pick up." Baekhyun's voice muffled over the phone. Chanyeol grunted his voice. He had called Baekhyun a lot of times before, but Baekhyun didn't answer his phone.
 
Chanyeol hesistated before answering. "It's all right. What happened the yesterday that you had to run out on me like that?" Chanyeol's deep voice intimidated Baekhyun.
 
"My mom needed me." Baekhyun told Chanyeol. Chanyeol felt relief wash over him. All this time, he htought Baekhyun was hiding something from him, but really he was just overreacting.
 
"You should've told me. I got worried." Chanyeol chuckled and held the phone closer to his face. 
"Sorry." He heard Baekhyun laugh.
"Stop apologizing. Just don't scare me next time." Chanyeol commanded with a bold voice.
--
Chanyeol walked to school with a big smile on his face. He glad to know that nothing was going on with Baekhyun. And that nothing was going to change between them. The bell rang all of a sudden as Chanyeol started walking to Baekhyun, who was at the bike rack.
 
"Hey." Chanyeol greeted him with a smile. Baekhyun, all at once, stood up straighter.
"Hello." He simply greeted. His smile was a bit faint but Chanyeol didn't care. 
 
Baekhyun seemed to be thinking of what to say. A while passed and Baekhyun finally spoke. "You should go to class." He said, barely above a whisper, and walked away. Chanyeol stood there, not knowing what to say. Baekhyun had just told him to go away, and he didn't cling onto him as usual. As stunned as he was, he just walked away.
--
"Come on now class! You could line up straighter than that!" It was second period and they were getting in line for a school assembly.  The way the teacher kept on nagging about them lining up annoyed Chanyeol. Since the school was so huge, it didn't surprise him much when kids started rubbing on him and tried to walk through.
 
 
Strangely enough, even through the crowd, he easily spotted Baekhyun. It wasn't hard though. Baekhyun was always jumping up and down and playing around with other kids. Chanyeol eyed them joking and laughing with each other. Of course, he couldn't come over  right away since the crowd around him was packed tight. It made it difficult to even move an inch.
 
He strained and made and effort to push wimp by wimp to get to Baekhyun. Once he got to Baekhyun, he accidently squished him into the wall. Baekhyun struggled and walked away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol was shocked. Had Baekhyun seen Chanyeol at all? Chanyeol was as tall as a senior could get. He swore Baekhyun casted a very quick glance at him before he walked through the crowd. Did Baekhyun really see him? Or was he thinking it was a stranger?
 
Chanyeol made an effort to call out Baekhyun's name over the crowd. Baekhyun turned his head around a couple of times, but he never faced Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed in frustration. He really wanted to sit with Baekhyun during the assembly, but today wasn't the day. As the kids slowly sat down, so did Baekhyun. Chanyeol sighed in defeat and sat down, far on the other side from Baekyhyun.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»I recently wanted to sit with my friend at a school assembly, so true story here.