Wonderland

All Over Again
9 Wonderland 
 
It has been two days since Chanyeol's birthday. And he sat home, not knowing what to do. He was thinking of calling Baekhyun and taking him out for icecream, but it was too cold for that. He was a bit tired but he couldn't go to sleep. He stayed up all night thinking about that night at the hospital. Did that night actually mean something?
 
He wasn't sure, but he was going to find out sooner or later. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Chanyeol got up and walked to the door. He turned the doorknob and saw Baekhyun standing there, in the snow, shivering.
 
"Let's go for a walk!" Baekhyun jumped up and down, no longer shivering. Baekhyun grabbed his jacket from his room and ran out in the snow with Baekhyun, locking the door behind him. 
 
"You should've called me before came." Chanyeol said, in a barely whisper voice.
"Sorry." Baekhyun shrugged, pursing his lips. "I just wanted to see you today!"
 
Chanyeol didn't know why, but Baekhyun saying that made his insides feel warm. He couldn't help but suddenly smile, showing his teeth.
 
"How come you won't date any of the girls at out school? I mean...you just turn them down..." Chanyeol asked out of thin air. He just wanted to make conversation. He didn't want anything awkward between them.
 
"I just don't think they'll make me happy." Baekhyun slowly said. "You should do what makes you happy right?"
 
Chanyeol had never thought about that before. Yes, you should do what what makes you happy. But Chanyeol had never really done things that made him happy. Happy things just came to him. Like when he met Kris, Kai, and D.O. Whenever he spent time with him, he instantly got happy. But it didn't strike to Chanyeol as happiness. To Chanyeol, it was something deeper, something more passionate. Chanyeol didn't know what it was though. He couldn't explaian that feeling.
 
"What if the thing that makes you happy might hurt other people?" Chanyeol slowly asked, with fog coming out of his mouth with every word.
 
Baekhyun took a moment to think about that. "I would just do what makes me happy." He simply replied.
 
Chanyeol wondered in awe. He expected Baekhyun to say that he would do what would make other people happy, but guess not.
 
"How about you?" Baekhyun shoved Chanyeola bit as they walked. Chanyeol slyly laughed and continued walking.
"Maybe. I don't know." Chanyeol slowly replied. "I have a bad habit of making myself happy, but in the end, it always affects other people." Chanyeol choked on the words he was saying.
 
"Mrs.Kim thinks I killed Kai." Chanyeol looked at the ground. Tiny drops of snow was melting from his teardrops. Baekhyun walked a bit slower. Then, he faced Chanyeol.
"She thinks you shot him or something?" Baekhyun's voice squeaked.
"No, with words." Chanyeol shoved his hands in his pocket. "A tongue can kill many people. You can hurt people with the words you speak."
 
Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol. "Don't worry about it." Chanyeol smiled. He wished time could just stop right at that moment. That moment when he was with Baekhyun. That moment when they walked in the snow. That moment when Baekhyun comforted him. He knew nothing lasts forever.  But if it could, he would change a lot of things.
 
But for now, this has to be enough.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»I'll try updating a lot more from now on!