Remember

All Over Again
4 Remember 
 
The wind was blowing furiously outside, causing  the window to open and disrupt the class. Chanyeol thanked the lord that just happened. He was on the verge of falling off his seat from being so sleeping and unaware of what Mr.Hwang was talking about. 
 
"Chanyeol! It's really cold isn't it?! Should we go ice skating after school?!" Baekhyun was pratcially jumping up and down in his seat.
"Ice skating in the cold...?" Chanyeol wanted to smack Baekhyun of his cluelessness. Who on earth would go ice skating in this freezing weather.
 
Chanyeol looked out the window. Ice skating. He remembered ice skating when he was younger. His mother would always tell him to sign up for ice skating class so that he would stop falling. But he insisted on learning on his own. After many bruises and pain, he was finally able to ice skate without struggling and falling. It was perseverance that kept him going. But he stopped ice skating after his mom's death. Ice skating held too much memories of his mom.
 
His perseverance was dead, just like his mom. He couldn't even imagine going ice skating with Baekhyun.
 
"Mr.Park!" Mr.Hwang suddenly yelled. Chanyeol, startled, sat straight up. He looked up at Mr.Hwang and raised his eyebrows.
"Please repeat what I just said, to the class please." Chanyeol had no idea what he was explaining during class. His eyes moved down to his desk. What was he talking about? He didn't know. He stared at the drawings on his desk. There was a dinosaur chomping what looked like a chicken. Next to that was a doodle of Pikachu zapping a blob.
 
"Psst..." Chanyeol looked up. Baekhyun seemed to be trying to get Chanyeol's attention
"Assisting people with nothing in return, " Baekhyun whispered in a soft voice that only Chanyeol could hear.
 
"All right then, next time, pay attention!" Mr.Hwang turned around and was about to continue his lesson. But then he turned around and looked at Baekhyun. Mr.Hwang didn't look mad, just scary.
 
"And also, Mr.Byun," Baekhyun stared at Mr.Hwang, "don't help Mr.Park next time." Mr.Hwang raised his eyebrows and continued to teach the class.
 
--
 
"I think it'd be great if we raised baby chicks!" Baekhyun jumped up and down next to Chanyeol. He tried walking away from him as fast as possible, but he knew that Baekhyun was too clingy to stop.
 
"I have an idea!" Chanyeol said in a tone that was higher than his usual voice, though his expression didn't change. Baekhyun looked curiously at him.
"Why don't you do it on your own?" Chanyeol gronaed and walked away. Earlier in class, Mr.Hwang had assigned them partners for his stupid project. It was expected that they do a project that shows how anything in the world was changing for good. They would have to present to the class one month from today. Chanyeol didn't care about projects. He would rather have failed that class than spending time with the annoying Baekhyun.
 
Chanyeol honestly found the whole thing really dumb and unnecessary. People know that the world was going the wrong direction. Society isn't anything anyone expected. It's a crash in on your lovely, peaceful dreams. Chanyeol would say that he used to be a dreamer himself. He dreamed of growing up and growing wings to fly. Of course that never happened. So he turned down dreaming. Everytime he has a dream, it would immediately turn into a nightmare.
 
He sat down at his usualy spot, under the apple tree. He skooted over three centimeters, and patted the ground. The ground was harder than usual. It wasn't that soft anymore. His bottom ached after awhile.
 
"If you don't want that, we could grow an apple tree!" Chanyeol groaned and looked up. So Baekhyun had followed him after all. Why couldn't Baekhyun just leave him alone? But the thought of growing an apple tree was not bad. He absolutely adored his aplpe tree, anyone could see that. But to be able to grow another one, and getting the project done at the same time was great. He wouldn't have to sit through another one of Mr.Hwang's lecture.
 
"All right then. We'll grow an apple tree." Chanyeol blandly said. Baekhyun now decided to sit next to Chanyeol. He had fortunately learned his lesson from last time. He sat down on the other side of Chanyeol before an icicle fell down and landed right next to Chanyeol hand. Chanyeol slightly shivered from the cold that splashed onto his fingers and palms. He accidently rubbed on Baekhyun a bit. Baekhyun, who felt his shoulder shivering, took off his scarf and wrapped it around Chanyeol neatly.
 
Chanyeol was very surprised by Baekhyun's actions. Baekhyun reminded him of someone. Someone who recently left him.
DO Kyung Soo. That name rewinded over and over in his head.
 
Kyungsoo was the new kid, like Bekhyun was. When he came, Chanyeol didn't accept him as a friend until he saw Kyungsoo being bullied by the jocks. That was when Chanyeol started showing compassion towards him. To start him off to feel like a real friend, Chanyeol gave him a nick name; D.O. He remembered when he took him out to hook him up with some girls at the mall. The called him cute and 'very dashing.' D.O was very overwhelmed by their remarks that he swiftly took Chanyeol's hand and squeezed it, not knowing what to say the girls. Unfortunately, the girls thought he was gay and backed out.
 
It gave Chanyeol and D.O something to laugh about over the next few months. D.O was very grateful towards Chanyeol. For Chanyeol's 17th birthday, D.O baked cupcakes and gave him the whole tray that afternoon. Chanyeol insisted that D.O have some too, knowing that he couldn't eat it all alone. He and D.O gobbled up the whole tray within twenty minutes.
 
Chanyeol's heart was sore remembering everything.
 
Especially the ending of their fairytale, when Chanyeol walked into D.O's room, and found nothing but D.O on the floor, lifeless.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»OMG, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE MY FANS. I will now call my fans 'Exquisites' (;