Back Off

All Over Again
7 Back Off 
 
"And what would you like to order sir?" The waiter faced Baekhyun after writing down what Chanyeol ordered.
"He'll like anything weird, thanks." Chanyeol crossed his arms, stretched his legs and stared at the menu while leaning onto the seat.
"I'll have the spicy orange chicken! Thank you!" Baekhyun jumped up and down in his seat. The waiter walked away with the order in his hand.
 
It was finally Friday night, and Baekhyun had dragged Chanyeol to a fancy restaurant near his house. Baekhyun nagged Chanyeol on how he should get fresh air once in a while. 
 
Chanyeol couldn't gelp my stare at Baekhyun rhe whole time he was looking at his menu. Baekhyun grinned and picked up his fork.
 
"We're not eating yet." Chanyeol shut his eyes. He wanted to go to sleep in his comfy bed, but instead he had agreed to go to this damn noisy place.
"We'll eat, then you could go home!" Baekhyun jumped in his seat excitedly.
 
A couple of minutes passed, and the waiter came out with food. He set the plates of food in front of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Baekhyun immediately stabbed his fork in the spicy orange chicken and gobbled it up.
 
Chanyeol, however, just sat there. He only ordered a drink. But he stopped eating to the point where when he was hungry, he couldn't tell. He spent the whole time watching Baekhyun eat and once a while,he took a sip of his milk tea.
 
After Baekhyun finished eating, he claimed that he didn't bring money. So Chanyeol ended up paying the bill.
 
"I'm sorry! I forgot about money!" Baekhyun wined while chasing Chanyeol.
"Whatever." Chanyeol speed up and turned a corner.
"I know what happened!" Baekhyun continued to tail Chanyeol around the corner, but Chanyeol continued to speed walk.
"I know what happened to Kai!" Baekhyun yelled out. Chanyeol stopped his track. He clenched his fists and turned around.
"What...did you say?" Chanyeol slowly approached Baekhyun.
 
"I know he got murdered..." Baekhyun slowly backed away. He was scared that somehow Chanyeol would release a rage fury on him.
"Do you know who murdered him?" Chanyeol's eyes seems to be sending a message. It was full of rage and depression that washed over him.
Baekhyun seemed to be stuttering nonsense sounds. He finally blurted out. 
"I don't know! But I heard some girls talking about it at school today!" Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut, not knowing what's going to come next.
"Did you ask them...?" But soon, right after Chanyeol had asked that, he felt his legs weakened. He couldn't stay standing, due to the fact that there could possibly be people who had known who had murdered Kai.
--
"Why isn't he picking up..." Chanyeol mumbled. He clicked the call button on Kai's name on his cellphone again.
Again, the call lead to voicemail. It wasn't like Kai to not pick up during this time of the day. Plus, Kai promised that he would be at the tea lounge extra early. 
 
Chanyeol decided to just go to Kai's house to see why he was so late. While he was walking there, he saw a mass of cars being lined up because of traffic. That was strange too. There was never traffic in this area of town. He decided to ignore it and walk on. But as he neared Kai's house, people were running by him like a tornado was chasing them.
 
He knew they weren't excercising because none of the people that were running, were wearing their track outfits. Suddenly a girl about his age, slowed down next to him. She eyes him from head to toe an started whispering.
 
"Why aren't you running to the scene?" She ran a bit closer to him.
"What scene?" Chanyeol had no idea what she was talking about. "Wait, is someone shooting a movie?" Chanyeol asked.
"No silly! CRIME scene!" She raised her voice a bit higher. "Anyways, bye!" With that, she ran off to whatever 'scene' it is.
 
When he approached Kai's house, a whole mass of people were crowding around something. There were as many cameras as there were people. Chanyeol decided to join the crowd and see what's up. Maybe there were free samples of kim bop. Or maybe they were having a raffle event for winning a car.
 
Chanyeol soon knew that he was assumptions were very wrong.
 
 
He pushed through the crowd, wanting to know what all the gasps and commotions are about. When he got to the front of the crowd, he didn't gasp or start talking. He just felt like fainting. Blood was drained from his face and his eyes couldn't blink or move. He clenched his teeth and tightened his fist. Tears formed in his eyes and he didn't make a move to wipe them away.
 
All around, in a circle, there were caution line tapes and orange cones. In the center, was Kai, lying there, on the ground with blood spilling out of his body. But that wasn't the worse part of it. Kai was just lying there. And there was nothing Chanyeol could do about it. He couldn't put all that blood back in Kai's body, and he couldn't make him alive again. 
 
Chanyeol had the urge to scream out loud for the whole world to hear. But he couldn't move. 
--
"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun shouted as Chanyeol collapsed on the pavement.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»It takes me a long time to find background musics, okay.