Ambush

All Over Again
17 Ambush 
 
Chanyeol's fingers immediately started to punch his phone screen. He texted Baekhyun back.
 
Okay. Same place? Chanyeol typed rapidly.
 
Chanyeol quickly pressed 'send.' He wondered what they needed to talk about. Maybe Baekhyun would tell him why he and two mysterious figures were talking about him. Yes, maybe that was it, and then they'll be fine again. Chanyeol smiled at the thought of them being on good terms again. Chanyeol wouldn't have to worry anymore when things get sorted out.
 
Chanyeol was cautious while running home, slipping on the ice covered sidewalks and face planting imself was not part of his plans. As he slowly glided on the ice, he wondered if he should tell Baekhyun that he had eavesdropped on him and his two friends.
 
He reached his front door and entered in his house. The living room was as clean as ever. Chanyeol tooka  wild guess that his mom had been cleaning around the house today, just like every other day. He threw his coat on the couch as he sat down. Nervously, he rubbed his chin. Waiting for Baekhyun was waiting forever.
 
Chanyeol stared at the hands on the clock as it ticked away slowly. Chanyeol grumbled in frustration. Minutes have passed and Chanyeol grew very impatient. Baekhyun was taking forever.
 
To make time pass faster, Chanyeol the TV. A kid show was on. Chanyeol watched and laugh at the kid show. Time passed by, and Baekhyun still didn't come. He picked up his phone and sent another text to Baekhyun.
 
When are you coming?, Chanyeol rushed and clicked 'send.'
 
Chanyeol stopped thinking about Baekhyun and decided to cheer himself up by continuing to watch TV. But as he watched TV, he didn't focus, all he could think about was Baekhyun. What if he went missing like Kris? If not, why wasn't he showing up? It wasn't like Baekhyun to show up late.
 
A couple of hours passed, as Chanyeol looked out his living room window. The sun was starting to set, but it didn't matter because snow was starting to fall hard now. His phone started to buzz. Chanyeol immediately picked up his phone and stared at the screen. It was Baekhyun.
 
Soon, it said. Chanyeol sighed in relief. Baekhyun was just fine, even though it took him hours just to type that. He found that a bit strange but he let it slide.
 
As Chanyeol waited on the couch, the snow outside started to fall harder and harder on the sun as it was seen no more. Chanyeol yawned and his eyelids started to droop. His mom came and plopped down next to him on the couch.
 
"If you don't mind," his mom slowly perked, "the nine o' clock news is on." She grabbed the remote from Chanyeol and switched the TV channel. Chanyeol was wide awake now, even though he didn't care for the news. He was still waiting for Baekhyun.
 
"Oh my! How terrible!" Chanyeol's mom piped at the TV. Chanyeol wondered what terrible thing was going on in the news. There was always something terrible on the news, all day, everyday.
 
"We don't know what exactly happened, but eye witnesses had said that the bus hadn't been able to control the speed because of the ice on the ground." The news reporter said. Chanyeol sat up straighter. 
 
"It has been said that when the bus crashed the teenage boy, he flew  up in the air and landed on the ground in a painful way." The news reporter continued. Chanyeol felt a tug on his heartstrings. A bus crashed someone? He felt horrible for some reason.
 
"And what is this teenager's name?" The female reporter asked the male reporter. Chanyeol had a hinch of hope for some reason.
 
"Byun Baekhyun."
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»Gasp, what is this? A twist? Oh no!