It's Okay

All Over Again
8 It's Okay 
 
Chanyeol awoke to the sound of a big bang in his ears. He opened his eyes and saw Baekhyun sitting next to his bed. He warily rubbed his eyelids and lokoed over at Baekhyun.
 
"Hey." Chanyeol yawned. His arms stretched in the uncomfortable bed he was lying in. "Where...are we?" He asked sleepily.
"In the hospital." Baekhyun showed no interest in whatever he was saying because his eyes were glued to the TV. The XFactor USA was on. Baekhyun seemed to enjoy American shows. Even though he didn't understand it, there were captions on the bottom that made it a bit more understandable.
 
"What happened to me?" But after he asked that question, he clearly knew what had happened. He was at a restaurant with Baekhyun. While walking out, Baekhyun mentioned that he knew what happened to Kai. Then, Chanyeol had a dreadful flashback about Kai and collapsed on the ground. 
 
Chanyeol turned his attention to the TV. It wasn't the finale of the XFactor, but it was the Top 8. They suddenly showed Demi Lovato's face. Chanyeol thought she was utterly gorgeous. And who said only Korean girls were gorgeous?
 
But then his attention turned to Baekhyun. Baekhyun was concentrating so hard that Chanyeol swore he saw Baekhyun's eyeballs pop out a bit before he blinked. He wouldn't be surprised if Baekhyun fell off his chair right now.
 
Suddenly, the door opened and the nurse came in. Well, she seemed like a nurse. Everything about her was nurse-like. Her uniform, her hat, her hair. She clutched a file of papers under her armpit while holding a tray of food. Chanyeol lowered his head a bit to show his respectful bow.
 
The nurse walked past Baekhyun and approached Chanyeol with the tray of food.
 
Chanyeol slightly shook his head. "Oh no, I don't..." He tried to find a way to say it without hurting her feelings. "I don't eat."
 
The nurse placed the food on the food on the mini table in front of him. "You don't eat this type of food?" She looked at him concerningly. "Well, what type of food do you eat? American? Mexican?" She took out a notepad from one of her side pockets of her uniform. On her other pocket, she took out a pen, ready to write down whatever Chanyeol wanted to eat.
 
"I don't eat...at all." Chanyeol said in his nicest tone possible. The nurse put away her notepad and pen. She shoved the plates of food towards him.
"Eat. You're going to have an eating disorder if you don't." The nurse raised her eyebrows, then looked at Baekhyun. "Make sure he eats." The nurse said to Baekhyun. With that, she walked out.
 
"Yes ma'am!" Baekhyun playfully stood up and saluted. He then sat back down to continue watching XFactor. Chanyeol pushed the food to the bedside table—sure of the fact that Baekhyun wasn't going to make him eat. He didn't want to eat anyways. The effort he would have to make ot just grind and swallow food while Kris was still missing.
 
He felt a finger tap on his shoulder. His head turned to look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun was holding a spoon with rice on it, trying to feed him. Chanyeol didn't know why, but his lips suddenly parted a bit and the spoon Baekhyun was holding flew into his mouth. He mentally smacked himself. His teeth suddenly started chewing. For the first time in years. 
 
Baekhyun, obviously proud that he got Chanyeol to eat, grinned from ear to ear. Chanyeol couldn't stop himself. He ate spoonfuls after spoonfuls. Soon, after the XFactor episode ended, Chanyeol had finish all of the food on the tray. From kimchi, kim bop, a big bowl of rice, and Korean meat (BBQ), he finished all of it. Baekhyun pressed the number on the hospital remote to tell the nurses outside that the patient is done with their food.
 
"Don't torment yourself. Everything will be better soon." Baekhyun said without looking at him. Chanyeol didn't bring himself to believe him. He had told himself that for over 3 years. Nothing ever got better. Well, not the way he wanted.
 
"Oh yeah! I have something for you!" Baekhyun jumped off his chair and turned off the lights. It was pitch dark without lights. Chanyeol wasn't scared, he just felt insecured. The door opened and a little light made it's way to Chanyeol. It was on a cart of some sort, and he soon realized what it was. He just rolled his eyes. Baekhyun the lights and smiled, feeling satisfied. Of course, a birthday cake. Chanyeol was very surprised that anyone knew his birthday, especially since the person that brought him a  cake was a new kid.
 
"Happy birthday, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun jumped up and down and started singing. Chanyeol just sat there, in bed, and rolled his eyes.
 
"Thanks." He mumbled. He blew out the little flames on top of the number 18. That night, Baekhyun and Chanyeol stayed up late and talked about what Chanyeol's life was going to be like in his 20s while Baekhyun stuffed himself with cake. The nurses had to come in every 5 minutes to tell them to keep it down and how they're 'not the only ones in the hospital.' And the other patients would often come yell at them for making too much noise during the night.
 
But during that night, Chanyeol had realized something. Baekhyun has been cheering up his mood since D.O suicided. Baekhyun had fed him food when he didn't want to eat. It was Baekhyun who remembered his birthday. 
 
Maybe Baekhyun was right, maybe everything will be okay. Since he has a a new friend now. Maybe everything will work out. Chanyeol hoped it would.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»I'm trying to put bromance in every possible sentence. Deadline is coming soon, I gotta hurry!