“You won't tell anyone, right?”

Home
Try.
 
Junhong regretted ever agreeing to work at the hotel. He was so certain he was going to fail. He bit on his lower lip, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. He watched the man beside him, who seemed fully focused on driving. He wanted to make Yongguk pull the car over but he couldn't even get himself to speak.
 
He'd never seen the man so dressed up. He was dressed to the nines, just for work. His suit was perfectly tailored and he knew he looked like a fool next to someone so well put together and elegant. He looked down at his own clothing. There was nothing special about them, just an old tee shirt and baggy blue jeans.
 
He hated the man for making him feel like this. He never use to care so much about his appearance; that had always been the last thing on his mind. He shifted uncomfortably.
 
Yongguk glanced his way before focusing back on the road. Behind his cool and calm expression, he was feeling just as nervous.
 
“Yongguk?”
 
He glanced over. “Hmm?”
 
“My clothes. . .” The boy trailed off, his eyes downcast.
 
It took him a moment to understand. He had been so preoccupied with other things that he'd forgotten to explain things to the younger boy. “You'll have a uniform.” He paused when the younger nodded. “Today you're mostly going to be with me behind the check-in counter, learning how things work.”
 
He felt hesitant about his next words. “I have to leave at 2pm for a meeting. I should be back in an hour or so but while I'm gone, a very good employee will show you around the hotel.”
 
Junhong didn't like the thought of being left with a stranger. It made him even more nervous than before and the older man could easily sense that. He didn't know what to say to put him at ease and things went silent again, both lost in their own thoughts.
 
His breath caught when the hotel came into view. It was so tall, extravagant and beautiful even just from the outside. He didn't like this. He didn't belong here and he knew that. He subconsciously wrapped his arms around himself, chewing at his chapped lips as he got out of the car. 
 
He was scared. He was scared of failing and looking like a fool in front of the older man. He was scared of being judged by the beautiful, rich people he knew he would see inside the hotel. His hands were shaking as Yongguk put his hand on his back and gently guided him inside the hotel.
 
It was breathtaking. He had thought the older man's apartment was so extravagant but seeing this almost made his apartment seem plain. He felt like everyone in the hotel lobby was staring at him and judging him; all he wanted to do was disappear.
 
The man guided him towards the elevators. They stepped on and the older man pushed the button that took them to the sixth floor. He watched as the man unlocked a room at the end of the hall, opening the door and motioning for him to go in first before following behind.
 
“Let me get your uniform.” He murmured and disappeared into a room, leaving Junhong standing awkwardly in the middle of the room as he waited.
 
He took his time to look around. This definitely didn't look like any hotel he'd ever seen before. It almost looked like a full apartment. He rubbed his arms, wondering what he was doing here. He swallowed thickly, wondering if the man had been embarrassed to be seen with him earlier in the lobby. He tried to tell himself he was being ridiculous, breathing in deeply.
 
He noticed this room smelled like the older man. He wondered what exactly the man used this room for. Before he could think more into it, Yongguk finally came back holding a pile of neatly folded clothing. He held them out for the younger to take.
 
Junhong hesitantly took them into his own arms. He thought this uniform probably cost more than his entire wardrobe. He stared down at the clothing until Yongguk broke him out of his trance.
 
“The bathroom is over that way.” He pointed towards one of the doors on the other side of the room. The younger nodded slowly before walking towards the bathroom. He sighed when the door closed. He could almost feel the boy's insecurities. He hoped this would help him come out of his shell more, especially working at the front desk with him.
 
He sat down on the couch, lit a cigarette and placed it against his lips as he waited. He gently flicked the ashes into the cigarette tray on the coffee table. He looked up hearing the door opening. He smiled as he looked the younger up and down. “It fits almost perfectly.” He stood up and met the boy half way. “You're so tall.” He murmured. “Just like a model, I'm so jealous.”
 
Junhong snorted, his lips twitching upwards as he met eyes with the older man. He refused to admit how much the man's compliments meant to him. “I don't know how to tie this.” He held up the tie.
The man took the tie in his hand and moved closer, carefully tying it for him. Yongguk was completely entranced as he stared at the younger. Their bodies were so close and the boy wondered if he was the only one slightly affected by it. He wanted to back away but he couldn't get himself to move as they stared at each other.
 
The man snapped out of his trance, suddenly remembering the time. “Let's hurry down.”
 
And with those words, all of his nervousness was suddenly back.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Junhong was surprised by how simple it actually was to work at the front desk but he wasn't exactly sure if it was so easy because Yongguk seemed to be doing all the work. Either way, it seemed really simple. He felt extremely awkward and uncomfortable the first few guests before he finally realized no one was barely giving him any attention, they all seemed completely smitten with the older man.
 
It made anger bubble up inside him as the beautiful women checking in would flirt with him but he held himself back and quietly watched. He didn't understand why it made him so angry. He knew it shouldn't.
 
“Are you a new employee?” A woman asked, breaking him out of his thoughts.
 
He looked up from his hands in his lap, glancing at the older man before nodded his head slowly.
 
The woman smiled but before she could continue to speak again, Yongguk cut her off and handed her the package that contained the hotel room keys and information. “Have a nice stay.” He smiled and Junhong could tell it was fake.
 
The woman looked annoyed as she took the package and turned around, heading towards the elevators, her sky high heels clicking loudly against the floor.
 
Yongguk rubbed his forehead. “I should have talked about this with you earlier.” He sighed softly.
 
The boy looked at him in interest as he waited for him to continue.
 
“These people. . . they all look elegant and perfect, don't they?” He asked but he didn't wait for a reply. He knew exactly what the younger thought. “They're not. Trust me. Some of the people here are not good people.” He looked around the quiet lobby as he tried to think of an appropriate way to phrase things. “You have to be careful around women like her.”
 
“Why?” He asked hesitantly. He didn't have any intentions on actually speaking with her again; he was just interested.
 
“She wanted you.” He turned to face him.
 
Junhong furrowed his brows. His face contorted in disgust. “You don't mean. . ?”
 
The older man nodded. “Yes.” He sighed softly. “Men will attempt too.”
 
Men?” He couldn't help the surprise in his voice. He couldn't understand why another man would ever attempt something like that.
 
The man chuckled. “Yes, men as well. Especially since you're so attractive and younger. You'll have to be careful, okay?” He put his hand on the boy's shoulder, watching how the boy looked down in embarrassment at the word 'attractive'. “No sleeping with the guests.” He said it playfully but the younger could tell by his eyes- he was completely serious.
 
Yongguk suddenly looked distant. He was suddenly wondering if bringing the younger into a place like this was a good thing. The boy was undeniably attractive and he was so shy; those two combinations were deadly together. He knew the younger boy would be a perfect target for any ert.
 
But, then he remembered this was only one side of Junhong. He almost had to remind himself the younger was a bully in school. It seemed like such a strange idea even though he'd witnessed some of the boy's anger.
 
He made a promise to himself that if anyone was ever to harm him, he would kill them with his own two hands.
 
Junhong was starting to see the people in the hotel with different eyes. He had a feeling the man was talking about drugs, ion and everything in between. It wasn't like he had never been around those things before; no, he'd grown up with those things around him. He had just never even imagined these perfect people could ever be like that. He looked at the man in interest, wondering if he was as perfect as he seemed.
 
The man noticed him staring from the corner of his eye. He looked over and gave a warm smile.
 
Junhong felt his pulse speed up. He swallowed thickly and looked away. He thought that Yongguk would always seem perfect no matter what. He was the only one to ever even give him a chance. He was the only one who actually seemed to care.
 
Yongguk glanced over at him before looking at his watch and sighing softly. He felt hesitant to speak. “I'm going to have to leave soon for the meeting.” He frowned slightly when the younger looked at him, the nervousness obvious on his face. “You'll be okay.” He smiled warmly. “I believe in you, remember?”
 
The boy bit his lower lip, his eyes downcast before he finally forced himself to look up. He decided he really wanted to try. He wanted to give this everything he had. He was going to try for the older man and. . . even himself, he decided. This was an opportunity most people, rich or poor, never got. He was going to try and grasp it with both hands.
 
He just hoped he wouldn't fail.
 
- - - - - - - -
 
Junhong watched closely as Jung Daehyun, the hotel's most popular bartender was nothing like he'd originally thought the man would be. He was loud, playful and almost flirty. He seemed to know everyone that would come in and everyone seemed to know him.
 
He wasn't anything the younger was used to being around. He had immediately gone completely silent, ignoring each and every word the man would say to him.
 
He felt awkward as he watched Daehyun chat with a guest from a quiet corner behind the bar. He sighed softly, wondering when Yongguk would be coming back. He looked around the quiet restaurant. It was relatively empty except for a few guests sitting at the round tables, enjoying their lunches. He frowned deeply when he noticed the woman from earlier.
 
He broke out of his thoughts when he heard the bartender's voice.
 
“Who're you looking at?”
 
Junhong shrugged. “Nothing.”
 
Daehyun pursed his lips before looking in the direction the younger had been. He was quiet for a moment before moving closer. Junhong felt surprised as the man started giving him information about each and every person in the restaurant.
 
“What about that woman?” He asked softly. “The one. . . staring.” He shivered when he realized how the woman from earlier was staring at him.
 
“She's a cougar.” He replied. “She always brings young boys in here. You should stay away from her; she's nothing but trouble.”
 
“Why don't you guys ever report these things to the police?” He couldn't help but ask.
 
“Money.” Daehyun looked at him. “It's business. We just pretend like we never see these things. If we were to report everything wrong, honestly, we wouldn't have much business.”
 
Junhong frowned deeply. “The police probably don't care anyway.” He murmured.
 
“They don't.” The older man confirmed.
 
Junhong glanced up at the woman before immediately looking away. He didn't like the way she was staring at him.
 
“Ready to tour the hotel?” Daehyun asked.
 
He nodded.
 
- - - - - - - -
 
The hotel had far more than Junhong had ever expected. A bowling alley, a gym, some of the largest pools he'd ever see were only some of the things he could count. He never expected to feel so tired by the time they'd made it to the top floor where the spa was located.
 
And just like everything else, the spa was beautiful and over the top. He breathed in the scent of lavender as Daehyun pointed out some important things in the spa.
 
“Daehyun.”
 
Junhong looked towards the person who had just spoken before looking back at the bartender. The man smiled brightly. “Having a nice day, Youngjae?” He asked.
 
It wasn't difficult for Junhong to tell there was something between these two. He didn't know what exactly but it was definitely different than the other guests.
 
“I suppose so.” The man smiled back. “Will I see you tonight? Do you remember what room I'm in?”
 
“Of course.” Daehyun replied, glancing nervously at the younger boy.
 
He was finally able to put the pieces together and he was more surprised at the fact that he wasn't surprised. These two were in some kind of romantic relationship.
 
Youngjae followed his eyes, suddenly realizing someone else was with him. Junhong looked down at the ground, wrapping his arms around himself. He didn't like how the attention was suddenly on him. The man looked back at Daehyun and mouthed a 'sorry' before hurrying off to his massage.
 
“You won't tell anyone, right?” He asked the boy. It was a strict hotel policy that relationships with the guests were not allowed.
 
The younger shook his head. He had no intentions on ratting out the bartender. He thought back to what Yongguk had said, about men trying to seduce him. The idea of men having relationships with other men seemed so far fetched and made him extremely uncomfortable.
 
Junhong thought maybe it seemed so strange to him because he'd never known anyone gay before. In the back of his mind, he knew there was more to it than that.
 
It terrified him.