Chapter 2

Between You & Me

 

[ Tiffany POV]

 

"Do you have any cuts on your lips?"  Taeyeon's soft voice resonated in the quiet, dark room.

"No," I reply honestly, a bit confused by her question. "Why?"

 

She twisted uncomfortably under the sheets. "Oh, no it's nothing really, just curious." She turned away and gently pulled her hand away from mine. It hurt a bit. I never would've thought I enjoyed her company so much, if not for her hot and cold relationship with me. She sighed heavily and sunk deeper into the pillow. I felt as though Taeyeon remained a mystery to me. Even with the passing of these years, she had kept up an invisible wall, not allowing anyone to penetrate through it. I also knew Taeyeon was constantly changing. I blamed the role of 'leader' being pushed onto her. Because of all the pressure she was facing, I felt as though she had lost some of her happiness. Why?

 

"You sure?" I manage to ask without my voice crackling under my emotions. 

 

She nods curtly in response. 

 

That signalled the end of our conversation.

 

 

x---

 

 

Admitting defeat, I turned around and shut my eyes. Wishing sleep would cure me of my suffocating thoughts. But before sleep met me, my troubling thoughts came. I'm afraid of us drifting apart. That frightens me the most. 

 

What if one day we disbanded? What if after we disbanded we change too much for each other to recognise? What if we break under all the pressure? What if we fail to please our fans? What if we're not trying hard enough? What if something stupid breaks this unbreakable bond?

 

Despite the pretty words we spoke on variety shows, talk shows, radio events and more, the fear of change remained locked deep in the depths of my heart. And at times when I'm terrified, the reason why I can stand and smile, laugh and be happy is not only because of So Nyuh Shidae but because of Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon had guided me patiently and kept me under her protection, she sang wonderfully and purposely spoke slowly because she knew I could barely understand her, let alone, when she spoke quickly. All these years I have been under her care, she had given me her undivided attention and helped me rise to my full potential. I can't understand why she would bother with another person when she can do the same to herself. That Taeyeon has not changed, she is still the Taeyeon I love and cherish with every passing day and moment we spend together. I learn to be grateful for all the time we have, because I know it won't last forever. As much as I wish for it to. 

 

If "Hello" is the beginning of "good-bye", when must we part? If I can spend more time with you, I will never say hello to you again. Just as long as we can be together for a bit more. Just the two of us, undisturbed, meaninglessly happy. 

 

x---

 

I sighed softly. 

 

We were very close. If I just moved slightly we would be touching. But I'm afraid to move. Because I know if I move closer to you, I would become greedy. I've always disliked sharing. I wouldn't want to share you with anyone else. So, for us to both be happy, to preserve this relationship we have now, I must hold back. Not for my sake, but for yours. 

 

"Because that isn't love."  I remember her saying so fiercely, "Love isn't about sacrificing things for the other person. It's about considering their needs before yours. A relationship where only sacrificing exists, serves no purpose." 

 

That was what you said, right Taeyeon? 

 

I wish I could be that selfish trainee I was. To cling onto you and thoughtlessly continue to call you my wife. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know where I'm going. I don't know who I am. I don't know why I feel this way. If only there was a manual. Or you could just call God and ask Him what was happening, or just to let him hear your troubles, your doubts, your fears. I sighed again and shut my mind clear of thoughts. 

 

But it wasn't working. Taeyeon was still on my mind. 

I can never get her out of there. So, with Taeyeon still present in my mind, I felt the warm embrace of sleep. Even in my dreams, not once did Taeyeon slip my thoughts. 

 

 

x---

 

 

"Wake up sleepy heads~"  Sooyoung's voice hit me straight in the face, I hid myself under the covers. I heard Taeyeon stirring beside me, whining in complaint at the blinding sunlight.  

 

"Why so early?" She must have gotten up as I felt the covers shifting. 

 

"We have juicy gossip." Hyoyeon chimed in, "Sica went on a late night drive with someone last night."

 

"What does that mean?" I grumble in annoyance, irritated that they woke us up before our alarm sounded. 

 

"Aish, Fany, You're so innocent." Sooyoung laughed,

 

"It could mean they did something." Hyoyeon carefully points out.

 

"What?" I slowly sit up, "What's wrong with that?"

 

"C'mon, I take Fany out with me at night all the time." Taeyeon says casually, "We don't do anything."

 

"But you two are girls." Soo argues, 

 

"So it's weird if two guys go out at night?" Taeyeon retorts.

 

"Noooo. I'm saying it's suspicious." The tall girl sighs, "I'm just saying."

 

"Seriously? Where else do you think they'll do it? Not hotels obviously. Or the dorms. That's just disgusting." Hyoyeon shivered to the thought of members on the couches with boys from other bands.

 

"I'm shivering just thinking about it." Taeyeon cringed.

 

"Are you two doing it?" Soo asked carelessly with a playful wink, nudging Taeyeon in a teasing manner.

 

"No! What makes you think that?" The Kid Leader, obviously a bit grumpy from her loss of sleeping time snapped. 

 

"Well, she's your wife. You must not neglect her." Hyo jumps to Sooyoung's defence, the two smile deviously. Just as Taeyeon was about to talk again, the two quickly slipped out.

 

"Where are you going?!" Taeyeon yelled angrily, 

 

"We're waking up Sunny and the rest!" 

 

"Aish, those two…" She grumbled, dragging herself out of bed. "Fany-ah, wake up. We should get ready too." 

 

"Five more minutes." I murmur.

 

"Good morning~ Fanyy." She yawns and flops on top of me. 

 

I smiled.

 

Of course we didn't get up. We waited until manager-oppa forcefully dragged us out of bed. On the way to the radio show, I couldn't help smiling. 

 

I had to be optimistic. 

 

It's another day with Taeyeon.

 

Another day I must cherish because… Soon, she won't be all mine.

 

 

x---

 


 

A/N: Don't know about you guys, but SONES have heard about Jessica right? :c #getwellsoonjessica. Another chapter in one night. Accomplishment~!
It's a rather quick chapter done in about 20mins or so. I'm really tired now. Good night guys~

EDIT// Ack guys sorry, I forgot I had hidden the first chapter x'DD Well, it's un-hidden now, so you should be able to see it. o - o Sorry for the confusion/mistake.