Chapter 1

Between You & Me

[Taeyeon's POV]

She was asleep. Her eyes gently closed with a serene expression on her face. Even when she was alseep, you could still tell she had beautiful eyes, a  beautiful figure and most of all, a dazzling, breathtaking smile. Her breathing was deep, relaxed and rhythmic, so peaceful I couldn't resist a smile. There was barely any movement, not a twitch, not a spasm, only her tranquil expression. The room was absolutely silent, minus the quiet ticking of the old grandfather clock and my fleeting heartbeat.Her flawless procelain skin resembling that of a high-class doll, her hair silky, sleek and perfectly-styled was swept aside on her pillow. A small smile was present on her shapely lips. I found myself staring at them. Those luscious, glistening lips. 

How I wish they belonged to me.

I'm disgusting. I thought to myself. So disgusting. What would she think of me now?

I sighed. 

It was another tiring day. For these past few years, I've been more confused than ever. What am I doing? What do I want to accomplish? What are these feelings? I just wished to find myself again. To be sure of myself. This way I can restore my friendship with Tiffany. That way I can break down those awkward barriers when we're alone. Surely she doesn't realize it but I do. I find myself captivated in her endless eyes, jumping to her light but certain touch, smiling like a dork to her sweet, gentle voice. It's so complicated. 

The bed-sheets sounded, I flinched and instinctively averted eyes. It's okay. I reassured myself. She's asleep. Gathering my courage again, I stole another glance toward her way. This girl. I didn't want her to be taken away from me. Again, my heart twisted with guilt. When that ignorant boy rejected her, she cried her heart out. 

 

x---

 

'It couldn't be helped.' I remember murmuring to her.

I still remember her eyes locking with mine. Limpid, crystalline pools that reflected her aching heart. 

You make her shed tears for you. Lucky bastard. Hope you know that. I thought. You'll never find a girl who loves you more than she did. 

'But it hurts when our schedhules don't match up.' She hiccuped, burrying her face in my chest. I felt guilty for enjoying this. I liked her embrace. Her warm breath tickled my skin, her trembling arms pulled me close. Somewhere in my heart, I was relieved this happened. I didn't want anyone snatching her away from me. Not even the boy she truly loved.

I placed myself in a box with a label. I pushed everyone away. I didn't like being tied down. I didn't like having expectations- because in the end, you're always let down. Because in the end, those people care nothing but themselves. But then, you came. You refused to go away. You took off this label on my box and instead, filled it with so many new emotions. In a way, you brought some light into this dark, lost box of mine with your spirit and smile. This once empty box now is full of you. 

 

Hey Tiffany, I wonder what this emotion is. 

I closed my eyes briefly and remembered that incident...

 

x---

 

[Taeyeon and Tiffany aged 15]

On the rooftop of our dorm. In the middle of spring. In our trainee years when we were both 'innocent'. The only thing on our minds was working harder to achieve fame together. The cool breeze brushed our skin, Fany's hair danced in the wind. The sky dyed a stunning azure, there, the girl I cared the most for spoke the words I never anticipated to hear.

"I... I like you... No, I love you! No that's not right, I really like you so..."

Her voice angelic, soft, sweet and truthful. She shifted her weight from one foot to another awkwardly, she held the eye contact for as long as possible before flushing three shades of red and stuttering again. Her eyes overflowed with emotions and she bit her lip nervously. Fany is so oblivious. She doesn't know that what she does drives me crazy. Eyelashes curled, light mascara with eyeliner, bb cream and newly painted nails... I just wanted to hug her. This boy had passed up on this faithful, one and only girl. 

"Sorry." I manage to force myself to say calmly, though my heart tightened and clenched together tightly. This girl. I wanted to hug her. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to shield her. But do you feel the same way for me? Or am I just a replacement for him? "I don't think this is love."

Her facial expressions revealed her inner emotions. She forced a weak smile. No eyesmile. 

What am I expecting after I told her so bluntly? I must have been hoping for something.

Gullible Tiffany. If only you were less naive. You would read between these lines and see the fear in me. 

"Sorry." She dips her head in an apologetic stance. 

Why are you apologizing? Did you not mean it? 

"You must have appeared at a convenient time... I mean... You were here for me when I needed it most."

I shrugged it off with a fake smile.  Innocent Tiffany. Uninentionally ripping my heart out and stomping on it. 

"Don't worry." I cut in quickly, "There's plenty of fish in the sea. As many as the stars in the sky."

Tiffany spins on her heels, facing the bright sun. She laughs, in a sad way. "But I'm here on Earth, y'know. I'll have to wait for one to fall."

"If all else fails, I'm still here with you on Earth."

That second, she turned to face me and gave me one of the warmest smiles. I smiled back. This box of mine, you opened it up to a new world. This box of mine, you unlocked it. This box of mine, is filled with you. 

It's okay. As long as I'm with you, I'll be okay.

 

x---

 

Sighing again, I flicked off the lights and crawled into my side of the bed. Careful to not waken the sleeping (or so I thought was sleeping) Fany.
"You still awake Taeyeon?" Tiffany's sweet voice melted into my ears. "Yeah." I hear her shift around in the bed. My eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness, now I could just make out her figure. Moonlight streamed in through the closed creamy curtains, bathing this room of ours in an enchanting light. The dorm was mute. I could feel her breath on my cheek. My heart hammered against my chest, so loud I was afraid she would hear it too. 

"Are you okay? Normally you would be asleep by now." Her voice displayed her genuine concern. In the blind darkness, I felt her soft hand clasping onto mine. 

"A bit tired." 

She giggles.

This Tiffany. Sweet, cute and beautiful. I want to know what this feeling is. What should I do? 

"Hey Tiffany..." I begin softly, giving her hand a little squeeze. 

"Mhmm?" She was closer now. 

"Say, do you have any cuts on your lips?"

"No." She replied curiously, "Why?"

 

Then... Can I kiss you?

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Took me about 20 minutes to type up. Not checked. It's late and I'm tired. Sorry but I just had to update this first chapter today! Okay, I'm out now. -sleeping- Hope you enjoy~ c: