1.8

Lux Indeficiens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eight

 

---

 

A week later, Aeradias is in a cheerful buzz as the girls chatter non-stop about what would take place in an hour. All of them, as excited as they could be, were rushing down stairways, combing their hairs, checking their appearances on any possible reflecting items, making sure that their uniforms were clean, neat and crisp. The teachers, notably BoA and Yunho were by the main entrance of the school; waiting, checking, pacing around and laughing at how excited every student was. “They remind me of myself few years back. I was just as excited as this when the days of the Eleutherius boys’ visit would arrive.”

 

Yunho frowned slightly, a hint of jealousy in his eyes as BoA merely shrugged. “What, I’ve never seen you before in any of the trips. It’s your fault for not being around then.”

 

The chattering continued as the girls positioned themselves in groups, and leaned against the walls with windows showing the exterior of the school. It took only a loud squeal for the others to be notified the arrival of the Eleutherius boys, and then everyone began to squeeze into the frames of the windows, desperate for a glimpse of their one-day guests.

 

“Move, you!” Yoona managed to elbow her way to a window, and when she returned minutes later to her two friends who were merely standing by the side (and laughing), cheeks flushed and eyes shining, all she could deliver was; “They are mighty hot!”

 

--

 

“Mr. Uhm, it is a delight that we meet again after all these months. How have you been?” Headmistress Jung greeted the Eleutherius Deputy Headmaster politely as they exchanged a handshake. “Mrs. Jung, I am absolutely fine and healthy. It is a delight as well to be invited here once again, and as much as I am delighted, I am sure my students are equally delighted as well.”

 

Headmistress Jung laughed. “Have a seat, Mr.Uhm. I’m sure you do not need to worry about your boys.”

“I’m not worry about them, no,” Mr.Uhm shook his head. “I am actually here to discuss a matter with you, as informed by Headmaster Yang in advance to you I hope?”

“Yes,” Headmistress Jung nodded. “I wouldn’t exactly be positive about my assumption, but I fairly could guess what the message is about.”

The Deputy of Eleutherius nodded his head once and glanced around, as if afraid that there would be eavesdroppers. “Well, it’s about…them.”

The gaze of Headmistress Jung settled onto his worried expression, and that was all she needed to be sure that she had guessed their worries correctly. “Proceed.”

 

--

 

As soon as the bell rang, sighs of relief washed over the hungry students as Yoona slammed the cover of her textbook shut with all her strength. She stretched her arms up high in the air and threw a grin at her fellow friends. “Break time! Finally!”

Sooyoung chuckled beside her and whispered loudly to Seohyun. “Not sure if it’s food she’s looking forward to or boys she’s after,” For someone as pious, Seohyun laughed rather loudly upon hearing that statement and Yoona couldn’t help but punched her friend’s shoulder in return. She stuck a tongue out cheekily and rose from her seat. “I don’t see why I can’t look forward to both,”

“I don’t see why not too.” Sooyoung agreed with another laugh as she linked arms with her two best friends. “It isn’t everyday boys are in our school, right, Yoona?”

“Of course!” Yoona said brightly, “And not those that are as dashing as the ones here today, no. Do you agree, Joohyun?” The mention of her real name was on purpose, it was a question Yoona already knew the answer to yet she still asked for the fun of it.

Seohyun shrugged and said nothing, her smile still on her face.  Yoona mirrored her action and said, “Thought so.”

 

--

 

Before heading towards the dining hall, Yoona stopped by the Ladies, threatening both her friends to wait for her or she’ll ‘disown’ them. With much amusement, Sooyoung and Seohyun merely chuckled as they leaned against the wall of the corridor, discussing on what they’ve learned in class before.

 

Yoona rushed into one of the cubicles, excited to officially meet the Eleutherius boys during break time. She grinned widely as she recalled the faces of a few of them whom she had laid her eyes on when they’d arrived. “They’re definitely seniors, from the look of it,” She mumbled to herself and grinned even wider at the thought of dating older boys.

 

“Oh gosh can she just hurry up and leave the washroom—“

 

Her grin immediately faltered. “What?” She accidentally let slipped the word and raised a brow in confusion when her question was replied with a “What?”

 

Yoona quickly got out from the cubicle and turned around so that she was now facing the doors of all five cubicles. They were clearly empty; so whose thought was she reading at this moment?

 

“Are her friends still outside? How am I going to leave, ugh, you’re stupid, Lee Donghae, how can you forget that this is the Ladies—“

 

It took only a few seconds for Yoona to realize the whole content of the person’s thought, and as she managed to identify where the thought was coming from, she kicked the empty space as hard as she could. Only, it wasn’t empty after all. Her knees met with those of a person’s as the unfortunate guest let out a verbal “Ow!” and the air Yoona was staring into dissolved slowly into that of a young man clutching his knees, his face as red as a beetroot.

 

When that image finally reached Yoona’s eyes, she jumped backwards one time, eyes as wide as saucers as she let out a rather loud shriek;

 

“What do you think you are doing here???”

 

--

 

“I swear, it was an accident!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter